Starters to play less snaps??

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That would at least FORCE action to find a replacement at any cost. All last year, and now in preseason Musty continues to stink it up and put Fields in danger and discomfort. Even once Lucas Patrick's broken thumb heals, Musty is still the next up with Doug Kramer on IR. This is the most terrifying concern for the team TBH. Fields needs to shake off the ghosts and be more comfortable in the pocket. He hasn't been able to trust his OL yet.

Dunno if there's any other UDFAs or even a half-average backup C out there to be had?? I don't follow the player market as much as some of you guys. Hope there's something out there. Patrick knows the offense and is a great plug n play fix, but depth is gone.

Despite what Olin claims, Mustipher will continue to be a liability unless he hits the roids and/or learns how to get away with Green Bay's patented "Lobster Block" technique.
Hell, I would even be willing to give Jenkins a shot at center, seeing that he said he could play all 5 line positions before the draft?

Worst case, he is slightly worse than Musty. Best case, he is a monster who can play the center position as a backup and be a starter at RG and will be a part of the 2024 young offensive line (at center) with every starter having played 4 years or less and having played their positions well in 2023 or earlier.

Dammit, I can dream.