State of the bears

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is the Bears needs 9 to 10 starters and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel of free agents and you're expecting to find 5 starters in the draft that are going to help the Bears compete over the long term?

The best available free agents left right now are in the same class as Byron Pringle was last year.

The Bears have one pick in the Top-50 picks of the NFL Draft and according to the metrics 65 percent of the players that make up your 53-man roster for 5 or more years in the NFL come from the Top-50 players.

So the odds are stacked against the other draft picks Poles added being on the roster beyond 5 years, take the 2019 Bears NFL Draft as an example they're all no longer on the roster.

So no the state of the Bears is far from stable. It's a fucking mess where you hope defensive coaching will elevate the defense and Justin Fields will deal with an asinine level of pressure in his face again to elevate the offense.

Cody Whitehair is an emergency center not the starting center.

The free agent left guard may be a slight upgrade over Schofield. They still need a RT because if they're going to start a rookie again like they did with Jones and Borom, well we've seen how well starting a rookie at OT goes over the years.

Yeah DJ Moore is legit but he's the only legit WR on the roster until Mooney proves he's back from injury.

This was the most baffling effort in free agency I've seen in a long time. The two strongest position groups were offensive and defensive tackles and Poles didn't sign one quality starter.

other than the DJ Moore trade inclusion they did NOTHING to improve the passing game.
The entirely of the NFL. from scouts, to beat reports, to fans of other teams, etc... Are all saying the Bears are nailing free agency.

Are there some bad takes out there? Yes. This is obviously one of them.

I especially like this bad take:

other than the DJ Moore trade inclusion they did NOTHING to improve the passing game.

Other than getting a true number one bad ass receiver, an attempt to diminish an amazing move, you then claim they did nothing to improve the passing game. Even thought getting a true one makes the 2nd and 3rd receiver slots better. It improved 3 positions in one signing.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The entirely of the NFL. from scouts, to beat reports, to fans of other teams, etc... Are all saying the Bears are nailing free agency.

Are there some bad takes out there? Yes. This is obviously one of them.

I especially like this bad take:

Other than getting a true number one bad ass receiver, an attempt to diminish an amazing move, you then claim they did nothing to improve the passing game. Even thought getting a true one makes the 2nd and 3rd receiver slots better. It improved 3 positions in one signing.
It was a trade. A trade that should not have been necessary because Chase Claypool was good enough.

Yeah everyone of course everyone is saying the Bears nailed free agency. They're all sponsored by gambling apps and since the trade the most money has come in on the Bears. Bears fans are freaking stupid and have poured money into Vegas on the Bears' odds to win that they slashed the odds by 50 percent.

The Bears aren't winning the Super Bowl but fans took those odds in Chicago and spent their money like they will.

DJ Moore is a good WR no he's not great and no he doesn't make the players around him better if they can't get open.

And I'm very proud for ignoring the rest of my post about the offensive line the defensive line and the pass rush.

Is Tremaine Edmunds better than Roquan Smith? No. That's a wash.

The Bears had the worst pass rush in the NFL last year. You think a rookie is going to come in and significantly upgrade the pass rush?

You think the offensive line is going to be upgraded by starting a rookie at RT?

Do you believe for a second that Cody Whitehair was even average at center when he played?

Honestly what Kool aid are you drinking?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It was a trade. A trade that should not have been necessary because Chase Claypool was good enough.

Yeah everyone of course everyone is saying the Bears nailed free agency. They're all sponsored by gambling apps and since the trade the most money has come in on the Bears. Bears fans are freaking stupid and have poured money into Vegas on the Bears' odds to win that they slashed the odds by 50 percent.

The Bears aren't winning the Super Bowl but fans took those odds in Chicago and spent their money like they will.

DJ Moore is a good WR no he's not great and no he doesn't make the players around him better if they can't get open.

And I'm very proud for ignoring the rest of my post about the offensive line the defensive line and the pass rush.

The Bears had the worst pass rush in the NFL last year. You think a rookie is going to come in and significantly upgrade the pass rush?

You think the offensive line is going to be upgraded by starting a rookie at RT?

Do you believe for a second that Cody Whitehair was even average at center when he played?

OMG like, why did they even have to make that trade? It's so dumb because Chase Claypool is like totally amazing!

And now all these people are saying the Bears did like so well in free agency. But seriously, they're only saying that because they're being sponsored by those gambling apps. And like, since the trade, everyone's been betting on the Bears winning the Super Bowl. Bears fans are seriously so gullible and they're like pouring all their money into it.

But let's be real, the Bears aren't winning the Super Bowl. Like, come on now. And DJ Moore is a good WR, but he's not like amazing. He doesn't even make his teammates better if they can't get open.

And like, can we talk about the rest of the team? The offensive line, the defensive line, and the pass rush? The Bears seriously need to work on those areas if they want to even have a chance.

And people are saying Tremaine Edmunds is better than Roquan Smith, but like, that's a total tie.

Plus, the Bears had the worst pass rush in the whole NFL last year. Do people seriously think a rookie is going to fix that?

And starting a rookie at RT is going to make the offensive line better? Yeah, right.

And like, let's not even get started on Cody Whitehair. He was not even average when he played center.

Honestly, what kind of Kool-Aid are these people drinking? It's like they don't even know football.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

You want to be a crazy person on this forum? Must be your thing. Have fun with it. The rest of us will be in reality.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They still need a handle full of starters but a lot of depth. Good teams have depth. The Bears, like every NFL team, will have key injuries throughout the year.

Oline - still needs more help than just RT Whitehair should not be a starter anymore. We don’t know what Lucas even offers as there is no depth.

WR - needs 2 more . Again depth

DL - needs tons of help. They were putrid last year, worse than the Oline.

ST- need a kicker

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You want to be a crazy person on this forum? Must be your thing. Have fun with it. The rest of us will be in reality.
Just tell me who the best defensive end and best defensive tackles are followed by who is the best center and right tackle. Let's just start there. Start with the front four, the ENTIRE front four who is the best and why.

Tell me how the Bears are going to build their defense with the remaining free agents and the draft. Come on show off your acumen.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Just tell me who the best defensive end and best defensive tackles are followed by who is the best center and right tackle. Let's just start there. Start with the front four, the ENTIRE front four who is the best and why.

Tell me how the Bears are going to build their defense with the remaining free agents and the draft. Come on show off your acumen.
It is a two year process...two comes after one and before three.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

I will tell you this on day 1 of training camp. Doing it now, is rather idiotic and premature.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Daniel.jpg

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
This team still has a lot of holes and I don't expect this to be a playoff team. We're still a year away from that.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Should you really be talking about acumen? You have gone from bankrupting your own paid blog to writing blogs that could have been forum posts on this site, all while being upstaged by @JordanSigler getting paid by ads hawking single ukrainian women in their 50s, all while you happen to remain unemployed

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This team still has a lot of holes and I don't expect this to be a playoff team. We're still a year away from that.
They're not even going to be competent on defense. For the second year in a row the talent on the front four is full of guys that are second tier starters.

And yeah I get it, it's the draft season so everyone thinks that they're going to draft a high level starter, but that is rarely ever the case.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I will tell you this on day 1 of training camp. Doing it now, is rather idiotic and premature.
Just point to a free agent available along the defensive line that's not a third tier starter.

Then tell me about how a rookie is going to come in and play at a competent level in year one.

Just deal in the facts.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Just point to a free agent available along the defensive line that's not a third tier starter.

Then tell me about how a rookie is going to come in and play at a competent level in year one.

Just deal in the facts.
I don't debate with people who use subjective debate terms, like "competent". I know I am arguing with someone who will immediately dismiss anyone proposed because I know they won't view them as competent. It is a common debate tactic by people who love fallacies.

But I will offer my opinions on this issue so others could discuss it.

I'd offer the Vikings a 5th round pick for ZaDarious Smith. As for DT, I am ok with having Justin Jones, and Andrew Billings, and a draft pick.

At DE we would have Smith, Walker, Gibson, Robinson, 1st or second round pick
At DT: Billings, Jones, FA depth and a 1st or second round pick.

Weather you think this is "competent" or not, is irrelevant, no one cares. It is however, a massive improvement over the previous year.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't debate with people who use subjective debate terms, like "competent". I know I am arguing with someone who will immediately dismiss anyone proposed because I know they won't view them as competent. It is a common debate tactic by people who love fallacies.

But I will offer my opinions on this issue so others could discuss it.

I'd offer the Vikings a 5th round pick for ZaDarious Smith. As for DT, I am ok with having Justin Jones, and Andrew Billings, and a draft pick.

At DE we would have Smith, Walker, Gibson, Robinson, 1st or second round pick
At DT: Billings, Jones, FA depth and a 1st or second round pick.

Weather you think this is "competent" or not, is irrelevant, no one cares. It is however, a massive improvement over the previous year.
A massive improvement over last year? ??