Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
OL needs help at RT
QB set
RB one more needed
WR one more seems likely
DL needs help everywhere which the draft has plenty of, DE, Edge at least 3 maybe 4
LB fairly set
DB Nickle and or a corner may be a safety to
Special teams set
So we have about 9 -10 players needed to round out the team this year, we still have FA and the draft with like 9 picks so I can see Pole's plan. Things aren't as bleak as some have said

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
OL needs help at RT
QB set
RB one more needed
WR one more seems likely
DL needs help everywhere which the draft has plenty of, DE, Edge at least 3 maybe 4
LB fairly set
Special teams set
So we have about 9 -10 players needed to round out the team this year, we still have FA and the draft with like 9 picks so I can see Pole's plan. Things aren't as bleak as some have said
I’m shocked you didn’t mention LS - set.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Illinois! HAHAHA GET IT???

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Campaign to tank for MHJR or find a way to get next season #1 pick.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How is our run pro looking for 2023

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was expecting a nice long exposition on the environmental health of various bear species across the globe, complete with fun facts and useful tips about how to coexist with them.

OP has grossly disappointed me and TBH I am upset I clicked on this thread.

That being said, I work for Rotten Tomatoes so I give the OP an 89% and believe it saved lives here today.

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
OL needs help at RT
QB set
RB one more needed
WR one more seems likely
LB fairly set
Special teams set
@Chief Walking Stick Confused, I thought you hated Poles trade down and plan? But now things aren’t so bleak?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Carolina's #1 will likely be high, and we can probably move up if necessary
Carolina Panthers 2023 opponents are set

Man.. their schedule looking a little light. ATL, NO, Bucs x 2, + Hou, Indy, & Titans are games I think they could try to win. Frank Reich isn't all that bad either, Colts found a way to makes the playoff at one point after going 1-5 in the season, I live in NWIndiana and i know things. ?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
OL needs help at RT
QB set
RB one more needed
WR one more seems likely
LB fairly set
Special teams set
TE - I feel that we improved this position also. I'm backing down from my idea of drafting a TE in early/mid rounds, we can probably get someone's else treasures once them cuts come down in July & August.

Bears should still be #1 on right to sign/waivers in preseason, correct?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
OL needs help at RT
QB set
RB one more needed
WR one more seems likely
LB fairly set
Special teams set
So what you're saying is the Bears needs 9 to 10 starters and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel of free agents and you're expecting to find 5 starters in the draft that are going to help the Bears compete over the long term?

The best available free agents left right now are in the same class as Byron Pringle was last year.

The Bears have one pick in the Top-50 picks of the NFL Draft and according to the metrics 65 percent of the players that make up your 53-man roster for 5 or more years in the NFL come from the Top-50 players.

So the odds are stacked against the other draft picks Poles added being on the roster beyond 5 years, take the 2019 Bears NFL Draft as an example they're all no longer on the roster.

So no the state of the Bears is far from stable. It's a fucking mess where you hope defensive coaching will elevate the defense and Justin Fields will deal with an asinine level of pressure in his face again to elevate the offense.

Cody Whitehair is an emergency center not the starting center.

The free agent left guard may be a slight upgrade over Schofield. They still need a RT because if they're going to start a rookie again like they did with Jones and Borom, well we've seen how well starting a rookie at OT goes over the years.

Yeah DJ Moore is legit but he's the only legit WR on the roster until Mooney proves he's back from injury.

This was the most baffling effort in free agency I've seen in a long time. The two strongest position groups were offensive and defensive tackles and Poles didn't sign one quality starter.

other than the DJ Moore trade inclusion they did NOTHING to improve the passing game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is the Bears needs 9 to 10 starters and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel of free agents and you're expecting to find 5 starters in the draft that are going to help the Bears compete over the long term?

The best available free agents left right now are in the same class as Byron Pringle was last year.

The Bears have one pick in the Top-50 picks of the NFL Draft and according to the metrics 65 percent of the players that make up your 53-man roster for 5 or more years in the NFL come from the Top-50 players.

So the odds are stacked against the other draft picks Poles added being on the roster beyond 5 years, take the 2019 Bears NFL Draft as an example they're all no longer on the roster.

So no the state of the Bears is far from stable. It's a fucking mess where you hope defensive coaching will elevate the defense and Justin Fields will deal with an asinine level of pressure in his face again to elevate the offense.

The free agent left guard may be a slight upgrade over Schofield. They still need a RT because if they're going to start a rookie again like they did with Jones and Borom, well we've seen how well starting a rookie at OT goes over the years.

Yeah DJ Moore is legit but he's the only legit WR on the roster until Mooney proves he's back from injury.

This was the most baffling effort in free agency I've seen in a long time. The two strongest position groups were offensive and defensive tackles and Poles didn't sign one quality starter.

other than the DJ Moore trade inclusion they did NOTHING to improve the passing game.
You just wrote another shitty article

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Arr, ye be tellin' me the Bears need 9 to 10 starters, but we be scrapin' the bottom of the barrel of free agents. Ye expectin' to find 5 starters in the draft to help us compete o'er the long term?

The best free agents left be as good as Byron Pringle was last year.

The Bears only have one pick in the Top-50 picks of the NFL Draft, and 65 percent of yer 53-man roster for 5 or more years come from the Top-50 players, so yer odds be stacked against the other draft picks Poles added being on the roster beyond 5 years. Take the 2019 Bears NFL Draft as an example, they be all no longer on the roster.

So the state of the Bears be far from stable. It be a bloody mess where we hope defensive coaching will elevate the defense, and Justin Fields will deal with an asinine level of pressure in his face to elevate the offense.

Cody Whitehair be an emergency center, not the starting center.

The free agent left guard may be a slight upgrade over Schofield. We still be needin' a RT, because if we be startin' a rookie again like we did with Jones and Borom, well, we've seen how well starting a rookie at OT goes o'er the years.

Aye, DJ Moore be legit, but he be the only legit WR on the roster until Mooney proves he be back from injury.

This be the most bafflin' effort in free agency I've seen in a long time. The two strongest position groups were offensive and defensive tackles, and Poles didn't sign one quality starter.

Other than the DJ Moore trade inclusion, they be doin' NOTHIN' to improve the passin' game. Arrr!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Screenshot 2022-11-22 001751.jpg