Statistically, Anthony Miller can be a decent #2..

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Him getting over 1,000 yards, which you predicted, would make him an elite slot WR, and an elite #2 WR option in the NFL period, if not the best.
Just out of curiosity with the additions of Mooney and Ginn what makes you so sure he’s gonna be in the slot? Or is this more of your factual opinions?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just out of curiosity with the additions of Mooney and Ginn what makes you so sure he’s gonna be in the slot? Or is this more of your factual opinions?

Because of the fact Ginn plays in the slot less than Arob does?

Just because you're small and fast doesn't make you a slot WR.

And mooney is a 5th round rookie. I don't expect him to play a giant amount, just the occasional 9 route or screen.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

No but Ginn is 35 and Mooney has no NFL experience and isn’t even 180 lbs so I can’t see him outside. Unless of course they stick the expert route running Georgia standout there

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think he's got a ton of potential, like I said, but his separation is very hit or miss on a game by game basis.

Evidently the only thing separating miller from being Tyreek Hill is not having Mitch at QB, considering Hill had a lower target separation than him in 2018.

Time will tell, he just burned me this season in fantasy so I'm a tad bit soured on his potential. I think he's a good #2 option, but I don't know if he will ever develop into anything past that.
My reaction to his underwhelming statistical output was centered on how many times I saw him open with tons of green grass in front of him, and yet he wasn't getting a catchable hall thrown his way.

I'm sure if I played more fantasy football, I'd feel burned as well, but I find that too much fantasy football burns me out on watching all the games.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No but Ginn is 35 and Mooney has no NFL experience and isn’t even 180 lbs so I can’t see him outside. Unless of course they stick the expert route running Georgia standout there

Ginn has played the Z the majority of his career. He doesn't play from the slot that often.

I'm pretty sure thats what we brought him in here for....to fill the empty hole at the Z spot...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ginn has played the Z the majority of his career. He doesn't play from the slot that often.

I'm pretty sure thats what we brought him in here for....to fill the empty hole at the Z spot...
Right but he’s 35 and hasn’t done shit in 2 years. He’s more of a mentor for Mooney who like I said isn’t built for the outside.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My reaction to his underwhelming statistical output was centered on how many times I saw him open with tons of green grass in front of him, and yet he wasn't getting a catchable hall thrown his way.

I'm sure if I played more fantasy football, I'd feel burned as well, but I find that too much fantasy football burns me out on watching all the games.

Yea, he had games like those.

Then he had games where he didn't get open at all. I've already stated this.

I still think he can be a very good player, I just don't think he'll ever become "special". Those players get it done game in and game out. Then again, who knows, maybe he takes the next step next year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll believe it when I see it.

He's an okay slot WR, other than that he's done nothing thus far to prove otherwise.

The end of the season did give hope, however, that he could develop into something more than "okay".

I guess it would also help if mitch could hit him in stride.

wrong

Once again, foles isn't that good. He's a bottom tier QB. I'm sure it will help the offense, but by how much?

He isn't going to turn anthony miller from a mediocre WR to a 1000 yard gainer.

wrong

I'm sorry, but he has shown nothing besides "flashes" that he can be good.

Even trubisky has shown "flashes".

Amiller, thus far, has been a very mediocre WR. I hope he can turn it around, but putting foles in there isn't going to work some magic and turn him into a 1,000 yarder.

I have hope he can become an excellent #2 option, but at this point it's hope. So yes, that is kind of fact. Based on his stats and play he's not shown enough to prove he can be an elite WR in this league. YET.

wrong

Wouldn't concentration drops be attributed to bad hands? I don't think his hands are that bad at all tho.

wrong

If he gets 1,000 yards as a #2/slot, that would qualify him as one of the best #2's in the game, and more than likely a pro bowler. So yea, he'd be an elite slot WR. It would put him in the category of guys like Jarvis Landry, which I consider elite.

Like I said, he's shown some ability, and he's shown he can't do it on a regular basis.

No different than dear sweet mitchell.

wrong

I'd beg to differ on getting open "a lot". He has games where he's wide open, he has games where he's covered like a glove. Not everything is mitch's fault.

He rarely got open in a few games this past year, the KC one being one of them in the post directly above yours.

Most of Mitch's "poor" showings weren't just mitch, it was also due to the receiving options outside of Arob not being open consistently.

He shows a lot of flashes, he has all the tools, he just has to do it more consistently. Thats the difference between being just good and great in this league.

I still have high hopes for him, but he was projected to be the "breakout" player for this past season and disappointed. The guy was a fantasy sleeper everywhere. I'm just not going to expect miracles just because foles steps on the field. Not too many teams have 2 1,000 yard WR's.

wrong

Jarvis Landry is an elite slot WR.

Yes.

You know, the position Anthony Miller plays?

He's made the probowl 5 straight years. Has elite hands, and is probably top 3 at the position he plays.

One day you'll understand football.

wrong

Maybe you should re-read the post.

"Elite slot receiver" is clearly in the sentence before Jarvis Landry.

The X, Y, and Z are 3 different positions.

wrong

And Keenan Allen, who I probably consider the best or second best slot heavy WR in the game, had a lower one too.

Whats your point?

wrong

I think he's got a ton of potential, like I said, but his separation is very hit or miss on a game by game basis.

Evidently the only thing separating miller from being Tyreek Hill is not having Mitch at QB, considering Hill had a lower target separation than him in 2018.

Time will tell, he just burned me this season in fantasy so I'm a tad bit soured on his potential. I think he's a good #2 option, but I don't know if he will ever develop into anything past that.

wrong

CC: @MarylandBear111

Yes, he's a slot WR.

Just like Juju, Keenan, Landry, Kupp, etc.

It's a completely different role on the offense. The majority of their snaps are from that position.

wrong

Him getting over 1,000 yards, which you predicted, would make him an elite slot WR, and an elite #2 WR option in the NFL period, if not the best.

wrong

Maybe if you played more fantasy football you'd be more educated on...you know...football.

wrong

And mooney is a 5th round rookie. I don't expect him to play a giant amount, just the occasional 9 route or screen.

wrong

wrong

I still think he can be a very good player, I just don't think he'll ever become "special". Those players get it done game in and game out. Then again, who knows, maybe he takes the next step next year.

wrong

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have two things to say:

1) #confirmed that @HeHateMe #calledit on AntMill years ago. He's rarely wrong, so I'm not sure why anyone would doubt him.

2) good to see @msadows is here and just being wrong as usual instead of being in a psychotic rage flipping out at everyone and telling them how to post

Glad we could all come together over AntMill

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Here is official footage of Ms Adows prepping for a long day of CCSing

giphy.gif

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Swan Diving from wagons we like to call it.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again, foles isn't that good. He's a bottom tier QB. I'm sure it will help the offense, but by how much?

He isn't going to turn anthony miller from a mediocre WR to a 1000 yard gainer.

Between his penalties, drops, injuries, and incessant gang signing (LOL), I don't have a lot of faith for him. However, isn't Foles Captain Checkdown? And if so, wouldn't that behoove a slot receiver?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of trick shoulder miller, but in all honesty, he needs to get out of the slot so he does not keep getting injured. But then again, I am still waiting for us to get a number 1 receiver.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
How many passes has Miller dropped that were realistically catchable balls?

Last edited:

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:

Riddle me this.

How would you personally rate a successful season for Anthony Miller?

Let's say he comes close to the 800-900 yards and has 7-8 TDs. As a #2 wideout, that is pretty solid production. This means he would have to beat his yardage last year by 12 yards/game and match his TD production from his rookie season.

I do not consider these scenarios out of the realm of impossibility.

One of the issues with Miller's targets was the absurd amount of targets Cohen got last year (104) and the RBs had 147 total.

Another issue with measuring Miller's success next year will also depend on how Graham/Kmet steal targets. Last year the Bears accumulated 56 targets from the TE core. In 2018, the TE core had 87 targets and the RBs had 136 targets.

Combined RB/TE Target Totals:
2018: 223 Targets
2019: 203 Targets

Now, keep in mind that we all agree that the Offense blew chunks last year, but the key takeaway is the target disparity between '18 and '19.

Targets on TEs dropped by over a THIRD despite 63 more total targets (503 in '18 vs 566 in '19) overall in 2019. So we passed more and the TEs were targeted way less despite that. I expect this to change dramatically next year and the ratio between RB/TE targets to tighten back up to '18 numbers.

So let's assume that Anthony Miller will receive a good amount of Gabriel's targets and Robinson's will go down.

If Miller gets around 100 targets, he'll haul around 60-65 receptions. At 12 yards/reception, that 700-780 assuming his current averages of 61-62% catch percentage and maintaining is his average yards.

So I would project a "plus" year for Miller at 65-70% catch percentage while increasing his yards/reception to 13. At 100 targets, this would give him 845-910 yards with 65-70 receptions.

But then again, the Bears were dung on Offense last year, but the main reason was because their rushing attempts were down by 73 attempts and they had absolutely shit play from TE. It would stand to reason that if the Bears went back to running the ball by 50-80 (3-5 attempts/game) attempts and got ANY production out of the TE position that this offense WILL open up considerably.

This is why I am not that disappointed in the Kmet pick because we all have to understand how bad TE was last year. I mean, comically bad. Adding Graham and Kmet will iron out a lot of those issues and hopefully restore production.

Reactions: DC

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just a friendly reminder that yall can jump on the AntMill train at any time but understand that I #calledit that Antmill would be a key WR to the Bears group like YEARS ago.
Bumping for a bro. This dude needs to be on the back of a milk carton.
:dramatic:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mooooooney!!!