Stay Away From Jalen Carter

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
No I don't. I am not enough of an idiot to think I am qualified to give one. This is why I rely on experts who know more than me.
The experts who fuck up every single year? Nice strategy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Carter was taking on a lot of double teams and I even saw a play where TCU triple teamed him

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't watch much college football, but from what I've seen with Carter, I'm not impressed. Not that he looks awful, but I just don't think he's worth a top 4 pick. Or at least won't be when we look back on this draft in a few years.
this was the message board that claimed Hutchinson was SheaMac the sequel, so Carter will,probably be an all pro

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this was the message board that claimed Hutchinson was SheaMac the sequel, so Carter will,probably be an all pro

was that before or after he got drafted by the Lions?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Carter to me is a loaf

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
From what I saw Carter was pushing the pocket which allowed his teammates to eat. Carter ate up Double and Triple teams most of the night, pushed the pocket into Duggans’ lap and his line mates ate while he occupied the entire interior Oline… To the contrary he was pretty much dominant last night, which is why the HC called 2 TOs to allow Bennett & Carter curtain calls…

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I really try not to downgrade NFL Draft prospects (though I'm sure @Black Rainbow has a file folder of screenshots that say otherwise), because I'm not going to pretend to be a scouting expert, even on a messageboard. What I do know is that people in the business seem to think he's a top prospect, and it happens to be a very big hole on the team. I don't think he fits into the ultimate plans for this upcoming draft, but I'll argue that looking at counting stats for an interior defensive lineman is just not the way to do things.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Not really sold on Hutch. He got A LOT of coverage sacks this year. He's a good football player, but he's not an elite level pass rusher.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got a ton of hate by some posters for simply stating that he didn't have alot of sacks in college and that was a concern.

I think he is still a very highly rated prospect but I agree that 2 lackluster performances will be talked about. He didn't even need to play last night but the Ohio State game when it was a dogfight was something teams will look at.
Payne had less sacks lol

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The experts who fuck up every single year? Nice strategy.
THey are experts because they do the best at projecting. Not sure what you mean by that as it is a numbers game. There are hits and misses, but they are experts because they hit more than anyone else.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
I agree no way I am taking Carter. Every time there was a Georgia Dlineman making a play, it was someone else. How can you not be dominant with that many other players around you.

Also the biggest red flag I saw was when they had Holly Rowe and she said that Carter said he was disappointed in how he played against Ohio State and he said he was running 100 yd dashes at like 5 in the morning. Who tells the media stuff like that? People who obviously make a big deal doing something that they obviously normally don't do, so no wonder the guys is out of shape since he obviously doesn't train enough. How the heck can a DT be out of shape at the end of the season when you should actually be in your best game shape. That dude is going to take the money and run. Not sure how the heck everyone is so high on him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am personally leaning towards EDGE Anderson, but PFF actually has Carter as their highest graded DT prospect ever since they started tracking college players in 2014.

I understand the trepidation, though, when you try to compare him statistically to some of his peers. Quinnen Williams, 3rd pick in the 2019 draft, had 8 sacks and 19.5 TFL’s his final college season. That 1 season alone is more TFL’s and sacks than Carter has had in 3 combined seasons at Georgia.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it is this:

Pass plays: does he prevent the QB from having the ability to step up in the pocket.
Run plays: Does he stay in his gap and able to disengage if the running back is near him.
Then Carter did what he was supposed to, especially in the championship game.

After TCU scored they were not able to run between the tackles anymore and the QB wasn't able to escape the way he did against Michigan.

That said, it wasn't only Carter doing it. All of the DT did this consistently.