Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The teams with worse scoring offenses than the #27 Bears are a collective 5-24. Even with a very good defense these smoke and mirrors victories will disappear at some point. Without an improved offense (esp offensive coaching) this team will be, at best, a first round playoff flame out.

If the Bears wanted to ride another decade of good defense with horse shit offense, stuck in mediocrity, they should have stuck with Lovie Smith. At least HE could make coach his specialty.

Liked Posts:
Still get no respect at all!! Bears open up in Vegas as a 6 1/2 point underdog. wow
Thats ok...means nothing. First thing I look at is the opposing QB, does he have what it takes to beat our D? With Goff, the answer is no. We beat him before and my gut feeling is we'll beat him again. Our defense is lights out and bruising. We generated a good pass rush with just our front 4, no blitzing, and that's something the D is doing better than last year, and I think the difference is Quinn. I don't know how good our O will do, but I think our D will pound them, they won't score many points and we'll win.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The rams must have blown out the giants. Oh wait...
You can't criticize the Rams for beating NFC East teams, but disregard the fact that the Bears narrowly escaped the fucking Giants at home.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Still get no respect at all!! Bears open up in Vegas as a 6 1/2 point underdog. wow
You dont have to keep threads like this going, its literally 2020 and there's a delete option.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Give Chuck Pagano his GD R ES P E C T !!

also Suh. Nice? Hit.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You can't criticize the Rams for beating NFC East teams, but disregard the fact that the Bears narrowly escaped the fucking Giants at home.
Fair. I just don't think either team is great. The game will probably be similar to the last couple matchups they've had, a defensive battle. Hopefully foles can make a difference with presnap reads

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
The Bears held on to win against an NFC East team. At home.
As did the Rams, they nearly lost to the very same Giants that the Bears nearly lost to, score of 17-9 rather than 17-13 though. Rams were also at home.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As did the Rams, they nearly lost to the very same Giants that the Bears nearly lost to, score of 17-9 rather than 17-13 though. Rams were also at home.
So maybe we should be talking about how the Rams and the Bears are on par with the NFC East.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
The teams with worse scoring offenses than the #27 Bears are a collective 5-24. Even with a very good defense these smoke and mirrors victories will disappear at some point. Without an improved offense (esp offensive coaching) this team will be, at best, a first round playoff flame out.

If the Bears wanted to ride another decade of good defense with horse shit offense, stuck in mediocrity, they should have stuck with Lovie Smith. At least HE could make coach his specialty.
I do agree with this, I don't think big improvements will be made because the offensive line simply can't run block and doesn't pass block very well either. If the offensive line was good the Bears' O would probably rank somewhere in the teens.

Also the WR corps isn't good. Allen Robinson is very good, but beyond him you only have Mooney who's very promising and a contributor, but still a rookie who's learning. Anthony Miller is a bad receiver who gives you 3 good games a season, and beyond him it seems that the coaching staff really doesn't see anyone worth using.

The TE room is definitely better than last season, and Jimmy Graham is a guy who offers stability at the position, but there isn't a big time player here at the moment. Though I would say this group is sufficient right now.

So next offseason the targets have to be QB/Oline/WR.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
So maybe we should be talking about how the Rams and the Bears are on par with the NFC East.
They're not. The Rams and Bears have a combined record of 9-3 while being 2-0 against the East, the NFC East has a combined record of 5-17-1 while being 0-2 against the Rams and Bears.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Pats are below .500. I wouldn't say they are decent
Even makes my point even more the Seahawks who people say are an elite team 2nd best team in the NFC hasn't even beaten a decent team yet. I don't care about the odds. In my opinion if the bears offense improves it will be in the later part of the season Foles has only started 3 games with no preseason and no real off-season.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
The Bears are a one-dimensional offense, and even that one-dimension isn't all that great. Meanwhile, the Rams are good. I don't know why any of this surprises anyone.
Rams are so good they got spanked by the 49ers yesterday. Not surprising to see negative nancies not giving our 5-1 team any credit whatsoever. "We are 5-1, fire everyone".

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rams are so good they got spanked by the 49ers yesterday. Not surprising to see negative nancies not giving our 5-1 team any credit whatsoever. "We are 5-1, fire everyone".
Cool story, bruh.