I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
just saw this. kinda reflects what I have been feeling. seems like the markets are pretty disconnected from economic reality rn. but then again, wtf do I know. maybe it's always like this...

China is sounding the alarm about a global market bubble

Investors, hedge fund managers and former central banking officials have all expressed concerns too, as Wall Street trades near record highs even as the United States continues to grapple with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Guo echoed such fears, adding that the rallies in US and European markets don't reflect the underlying economic challenges facing both regions as they try to recover from the brutal pandemic recession.

so China did release the virus to bring down western nations!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
just saw this. kinda reflects what I have been feeling. seems like the markets are pretty disconnected from economic reality rn. but then again, wtf do I know. maybe it's always like this...

China is sounding the alarm about a global market bubble

Investors, hedge fund managers and former central banking officials have all expressed concerns too, as Wall Street trades near record highs even as the United States continues to grapple with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Guo echoed such fears, adding that the rallies in US and European markets don't reflect the underlying economic challenges facing both regions as they try to recover from the brutal pandemic recession.
I read that China's housing market is doing something similar to what the banks did in 08, or something along those lines, and it's about to fuck us over.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so I got a question

I only been getting involved with this stuff for like the last month or two, so complete noob here

but from poking around so far, it seems like stock prices fluctuate based on perceived value more than actual value of the company and anything they might be doing.

I understand that in the long run, a company's fundamentals or whatever actually do matter and will affect stock price.

But it appears like shorter term fluctuations are based on basically nothing other than speculation. Waves of speculative investing. Like kind of a lotta horse shit based on nothing but trending sentiment.

like, I have done pretty well the last 6 weeks or so with pretty much zero knowledge and shit DD by basically just chasing trends and not being greedy

Is this new? Is this how it has always been? Or am I just missing the bigger picture?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys see RKT?

Sounds like it might have another big day. or half day. Thinkin of tryna catch that wave tomorrow morning

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so I got a question

I only been getting involved with this stuff for like the last month or two, so complete noob here

but from poking around so far, it seems like stock prices fluctuate based on perceived value more than actual value of the company and anything they might be doing.

I understand that in the long run, a company's fundamentals or whatever actually do matter and will affect stock price.

But it appears like shorter term fluctuations are based on basically nothing other than speculation. Waves of speculative investing. Like kind of a lotta horse shit based on nothing but trending sentiment.

like, I have done pretty well the last 6 weeks or so with pretty much zero knowledge and shit DD by basically just chasing trends and not being greedy

Is this new? Is this how it has always been? Or am I just missing the bigger picture?
I think value right now is worse than its ever been, but that could also be a general shift in market perception towards tech stocks versus solid companies. This was true in the dot com boom as well though. But in some ways its always been this way, it just gets worse in bubbles, something that we may be in right now.

Historically... events, political, natural disasters, bad economics has spelled doom for the market, but in this run up, the markets become more divorced from reality than actually running on the fundamentals of the economy. COVID did cause a sharp downturn, but the markets quickly adjusted, and seemingly responded well to 0% interest rates than versus worrying about the pandemic. The pandemic also mainly hit industries hard that don't trade stock (restaurants). And the ones that did, like parts of the travel industry (airlines, cruise lines) did get hit massively hard in their stocks.

Meanwhile a bunch of other companies actually did better in the pandemic, and tech in particular had a lot of future speculation as there was a shift into "what is the future after COVID?"

A previous stock market would have been more upset over unemployment numbers, COVID deaths, whatever the hell Donald Trump was doing that looked bad.. but this market hasn't cared so much about that.

In any sense, the market can return to its previous norms at any point. If we are indeed in some kind of bubble, once it bursts investors will shift their focus. They could shift their focus even without a bubble. There is likely to be some sort of shift to a "re-open market" going after stocks that should flourish as the country re-opens.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think value right now is worse than its ever been, but that could also be a general shift in market perception towards tech stocks versus solid companies. This was true in the dot com boom as well though. But in some ways its always been this way, it just gets worse in bubbles, something that we may be in right now.

Historically... events, political, natural disasters, bad economics has spelled doom for the market, but in this run up, the markets become more divorced from reality than actually running on the fundamentals of the economy. COVID did cause a sharp downturn, but the markets quickly adjusted, and seemingly responded well to 0% interest rates than versus worrying about the pandemic. The pandemic also mainly hit industries hard that don't trade stock (restaurants). And the ones that did, like parts of the travel industry (airlines, cruise lines) did get hit massively hard in their stocks.

Meanwhile a bunch of other companies actually did better in the pandemic, and tech in particular had a lot of future speculation as there was a shift into "what is the future after COVID?"

A previous stock market would have been more upset over unemployment numbers, COVID deaths, whatever the hell Donald Trump was doing that looked bad.. but this market hasn't cared so much about that.

In any sense, the market can return to its previous norms at any point. If we are indeed in some kind of bubble, once it bursts investors will shift their focus. They could shift their focus even without a bubble. There is likely to be some sort of shift to a "re-open market" going after stocks that should flourish as the country re-opens.

in summation...

59FEA119-ED10-4453-81B6-02C891E32790.jpeg

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
AMD never did hit $100 a share like a certain someone claimed it would by the end of 2020, and now it’s back down to $80

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did HLIX do some weird merge?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@MDB111™ what we throwing our money into that'll triple by next week? Thanks

It's been a rough few weeks. I really like RKT, SPCE and CCIV to play with though. If you aren't holding bags in any of those 3, I'd be all over them.

AMD looks good for a month hold right now

Toyota is a fantastic pick right now to go long in. It's made 13% over the last year and has a great PE ratio. Just don't touch it for a while. It moves slow.

WMT is always good long term.

AMZN at 3000 is still good IMO. Still has like a 4000 price forcast for 2021.

still love SQ and V

And if you aren't in any ARK funds, those fuckers are down 13% in 2 weeks.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@MDB111™ what we throwing our money into that'll triple by next week? Thanks
Also, every day I look at Yahoos biggest losers. Those stocks see crazy drops so what i do is look for established companies that ate shit one day and look for a quick in and out for the next day. I try and buy between 6pm and 7pm eastern and hold overnight. Nowhere else in the world can you loan out your money late afternoon and get it back with interest the next morning!

So tonight its RKT,SPT,ETSY,CCIV and DQ.All of those stocks took a beating today. You buy right nlw and sell tomorrow morning before the bell. dolla dolla bill yall

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's been a rough few weeks. I really like RKT, SPCE and CCIV to play with though. If you aren't holding bags in any of those 3, I'd be all over them.

Toyota is a fantastic pick right now to go long in. It's made 13% over the last year and has a great PE ratio. Just don't touch it for a while. It moves slow.

still love SQ and V

This guy is an idiot.

Ape buy GME.

Ape hold GME in Ape ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I eat crayons, dis not finanschall advise.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did HLIX do some weird merge?
Yes, I just found this out like 5 minutes ago when I thought I hit a jackpot looking at the updated price.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
AMD never did hit $100 a share like a certain someone claimed it would by the end of 2020, and now it’s back down to $80
I put some in my long term tech portfolio.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, I just found this out like 5 minutes ago when I thought I hit a jackpot looking at the updated price.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but that reads like they just gave equal value to HLIX shareholders via tiny fractional shares of the new parent company.... absolutely zero gain for the shareholder.

This would be fair if the acquisition was being rescued, but it sounds like a growth acquisition to me.

If you buy something because you value it, then the shareholders deserve more than just the existing value of HLIX.... surely Florian paid a premium for a growing company? Who got the premium if not the shareholders?

Seems fischy

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

still love SQ and V

I intuitively bought some ark funds the day before the price started to drop.