might be a quick 10+% gain over a week or so

if it gets down below 50, I'm goin in

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Market has been quite poopy for some time now.

Good buying opportunity if you have cash.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This thread been pretty quiet lately.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well, I'm losing a lot of money right now lol. Not much to be happy about.

Outside of my MJ stocks, I'm doing fine. My tech centered portfolio is down a bit (about $400 over the last month), my Roth portfolio is essentially sideways, but slowly moving up.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Outside of my MJ stocks, I'm doing fine. My tech centered portfolio is down a bit (about $400 over the last month), my Roth portfolio is essentially sideways, but slowly moving up.
My Roth is fine as it's 99% safe investments. Its all ETFs except for that stupid stock that merged with some company that I'm now left bagholding on.

My personal account is mostly MJ stocks, so prob why I'm taking a beating. I'm back to the point where I'm going to stop looking every day because it's not like I wanted to sell any of these this year anyways, unless they happened to go GameStop style.. but don't see that happening.

I bought some AMD after its dip form the 90's, but it's dipped into the 70s.. so losing money there. Some insurance company I bought is steadily making money, I bought it for its stability and slow grind, and it had dipped during the entire pandemic, so it was crawling out of its hole.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We're too busy buying the dip after the dip before the next 4 dips.

I don't think I've put any money in my accounts for the last month and a half. I still got to get my monthly roth contribution, but I'm getting some shit in order as I may have to quit my job soon in order to finish my technical certificate for industrial electrical technology.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My Roth is fine as it's 99% safe investments. Its all ETFs except for that stupid stock that merged with some company that I'm now left bagholding on.

My personal account is mostly MJ stocks, so prob why I'm taking a beating. I'm back to the point where I'm going to stop looking every day because it's not like I wanted to sell any of these this year anyways, unless they happened to go GameStop style.. but don't see that happening.

I bought some AMD after its dip form the 90's, but it's dipped into the 70s.. so losing money there. Some insurance company I bought is steadily making money, I bought it for its stability and slow grind, and it had dipped during the entire pandemic, so it was crawling out of its hole.

Oh yeah, my MJ stocks are getting crushed lol. I don't have much in there though, Might amount to $1500-$2000 originally. I was hoping this news about NY legalizing recreational would give me a boost to get out of that FORA crap.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, my MJ stocks are getting crushed lol. I don't have much in there though, Might amount to $1500-$2000 originally. I was hoping this news about NY legalizing recreational would give me a boost to get out of that FORA crap.
Yeah, I'm just gonna let the MJ stocks go longterm (was my plan originally anyways) and we'll see what happens. Seems to be some belief uplisting will cause them to skyrocket, may or may not. We'll see. Congress has to pass the banking act first for anything to happen anyways.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, I'm just gonna let the MJ stocks go longterm (was my plan originally anyways) and we'll see what happens. Seems to be some belief uplisting will cause them to skyrocket, may or may not. We'll see. Congress has to pass the banking act first for anything to happen anyways.

I'm sure they'll eventually go on a run again. Just hope it gets me close to my original investment in HELIX. The rest, I'm more or less unconcerned about.

@MDB111™ I'm about halfway through the book you recommended, fascinating stuff, and a very easy read as well. This is getting me very interested in doing more to learn about tech analysis so I can spot trends. The whole market and trading thing really does hold my attention.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

What stocks are you in if you don't mind sharing...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What stocks are you in if you don't mind sharing...
CRLBF, CURLF, GTBIF, APHA.. then IIPR for the real estate aspect.

GTBIF took a major dump today because they got mentioned in some federal pay-to-play investigation that the Tribune released today.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
CRLBF, CURLF, GTBIF, APHA.. then IIPR for the real estate aspect.

GTBIF took a major dump today because they got mentioned in some federal pay-to-play investigation that the Tribune released today.
IIPR has been wrecking shit in my Roth. I have some CRLBF and CURLF as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
IIPR has been wrecking shit in my Roth. I have some CRLBF and CURLF as well.
IIPR has been kind of a roller coaster lately. I believe I am also down quite a bit on IIPR.

CRLBF is one company I really like from what I've read about it, it's my biggest position, but it's cracking all of its support lines too right now. So, I like I said before, time to just ignore that portfolio for awhile at this point until the market turns around.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they'll eventually go on a run again. Just hope it gets me close to my original investment in HELIX. The rest, I'm more or less unconcerned about.

@MDB111™ I'm about halfway through the book you recommended, fascinating stuff, and a very easy read as well. This is getting me very interested in doing more to learn about tech analysis so I can spot trends. The whole market and trading thing really does hold my attention.

what book again?