Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am
@knoxville7 @MDB111™ @Ares @HeHateMe

How do you guys generally invest in your longer term portfolios, ie. 401k and ROTH? I've mostly got what I've got and don't really touch it. The 401k, since I can't max it out currently, I just tend to change my percentage depending on how the market is going. Lowest I'll go is full match, but if there's a correction/crash, I up my percentage to take advantage, but I don't actually change my investment there, which is a target date. My HSA is extremely conservative since it's basically a dire emergency medical fund.

Do you guys buy and sell in your 401ks/ROTHs/HSAs as you do in your regular investment accounts?

@Omeletpants because he can't post here.

We have a few vehicles. Our hands off stuff is in work retirement funds. We have 20 year old mutual funds and we are in a 2035 target date fund.
The rest is hands on. I pay ourselves through day trading as well. I only trade with a certain amount and once a week i deposit funds into the hands off stuff through profits of my daytrading.
I really like TDA for all of this.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7 @MDB111™ @Ares @HeHateMe

How do you guys generally invest in your longer term portfolios, ie. 401k and ROTH? I've mostly got what I've got and don't really touch it. The 401k, since I can't max it out currently, I just tend to change my percentage depending on how the market is going. Lowest I'll go is full match, but if there's a correction/crash, I up my percentage to take advantage, but I don't actually change my investment there, which is a target date. My HSA is extremely conservative since it's basically a dire emergency medical fund.

Do you guys buy and sell in your 401ks/ROTHs/HSAs as you do in your regular investment accounts?

@Omeletpants because he can't post here.

i buy and sell stuff in my Roth...make adjustments as the market changes. I actually have been trimming positions in it over the last few days. I’m sitting with like 25% cash in my Roth currently. As soon as that correction comes, I’ll put that $$ back to work. I tend to treat most of my accounts the same as far as risk and how much cash I have on the sidelines. I’m 36, so I’m not to the point of just letting stocks sit in the account to collect dividends or anything. I seek more growth...as one stock starts to reach what I think is full valuation, I tend to pull out off that stock and find a new growth story to put that $$ into.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@ijustposthere you seem into pot stocks. Here’s one that’s still super speculative...not a ton of info out there on it - HLIX

Currently trading at like 72 cents a share. So you can buy 1,000 shares and not really miss the $$ it costs.

They don’t touch any weed. So they can use the banking system(though I imagine so will dispensaries in the next year or so). They basically provide software/solutions to growers and retail. And when you look around at how software for businesses is fairing lately, I could see it booming. But, it’s very speculative in that it’s assuming HLIX gets large enough market share by the time the industry matures. Also, it’s assuming that the mainstream software companies don’t take a dip into that industry once it’s federally legal, and take market share. A buyout would be great for HLIX stock, though

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@ijustposthere you seem into pot stocks. Here’s one that’s still super speculative...not a ton of info out there on it - HLIX

Currently trading at like 72 cents a share. So you can buy 1,000 shares and not really miss the $$ it costs.

They don’t touch any weed. So they can use the banking system(though I imagine so will dispensaries in the next year or so). They basically provide software/solutions to growers and retail. And when you look around at how software for businesses is fairing lately, I could see it booming. But, it’s very speculative in that it’s assuming HLIX gets large enough market share by the time the industry matures. Also, it’s assuming that the mainstream software companies don’t take a dip into that industry once it’s federally legal, and take market share. A buyout would be great for HLIX stock, though

Definitely will look into it. I got into IIPR, which is a REIT that is one of the warehouse leaders for pot storage and it's been an insanely good investment thus far.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Definitely will look into it. I got into IIPR, which is a REIT that is one of the warehouse leaders for pot storage and it's been an insanely good investment thus far.

i had that one for a bit. It went on a massive run and I sold it off, thinking it would pullback and never really did lol

kinda just did the same thing with growgeneration(grwg). Bought that around $14 and just sold it around $52. It’s pulled back to $48...if it drops back into the 30’s I’ll buy some again.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
i had that one for a bit. It went on a massive run and I sold it off, thinking it would pullback and never really did lol

kinda just did the same thing with growgeneration(grwg). Bought that around $14 and just sold it around $52. It’s pulled back to $48...if it drops back into the 30’s I’ll buy some again.

I've got it in my ROTH, and I kind of just let those be. I check them to make sure there's no dogs in it, but I've pretty hands off with the ROTH/401K/HSA that I have.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
its ridiculous lol
Found out I have a friend that is up big on this situation. He's the know it all type, so I just let him ramble. I asked what his out was or when he was going to sell all his shares. He said he was thinking of holding long-term. I thought to myself, that appears to be the dumbest move you could make. Again, it's his money and I'm not an advisor, but I'd take my profits and get out Friday at the latest. He followed it up with that he bought a bunch of calls that expire Friday (I think). Again, I just kept quiet and thought he might lose a ton of money, if he lets them ride.

We'll see what happens.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
its ridiculous lol

I was wondering why Gamestop was going through the roof. LMAO.

Found out I have a friend that is up big on this situation. He's the know it all type, so I just let him ramble. I asked what his out was or when he was going to sell all his shares. He said he was thinking of holding long-term. I thought to myself, that appears to be the dumbest move you could make. Again, it's his money and I'm not an advisor, but I'd take my profits and get out Friday at the latest. He followed it up with that he bought a bunch of calls that expire Friday (I think). Again, I just kept quiet and thought he might lose a ton of money, if he lets them ride.

We'll see what happens.

If I was up 60% in one day on fucking Gamestop, who's business is fledgling as it is, I'd sell ASAP and dive into my gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get out get out get out. T+/-7 is here. Impeachement is here. The business riot is nye.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was wondering why Gamestop was going through the roof. LMAO.

If I was up 60% in one day on fucking Gamestop, who's business is fledgling as it is, I'd sell ASAP and dive into my gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.

I texted him this morning and was telling him he needed to protect himself with stop losses and think about selling shares to protect his initial investment. I'm not even close to a professional trader and research companies as well as I can before I buy, but he's more fly by the seat of his pants. So, I just told him something to consider. He's in on option calls too. So, if he thinks long-term is a good investment that's his call, but I'd be selling and taking my huge profit.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I texted him this morning and was telling him he needed to protect himself with stop losses and think about selling shares to protect his initial investment. I'm not even close to a professional trader and research companies as well as I can before I buy, but he's more fly by the seat of his pants. So, I just told him something to consider. He's in on option calls too. So, if he thinks long-term is a good investment that's his call, but I'd be selling and taking my huge profit.

yeah, I’d be running away w the profits. But then again, I never had the cahonnes to buy GameStop stock in the first place. He may have to learn the hard way. He should at least get his costs out of it now and let the profits ride if he is really dead set on long term holding it. Long term I don’t see how the company has success

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
yeah, I’d be running away w the profits. But then again, I never had the cahonnes to buy GameStop stock in the first place. He may have to learn the hard way. He should at least get his costs out of it now and let the profits ride if he is really dead set on long term holding it. Long term I don’t see how the company has success

Digital downloading of games will eventually eat game stop like it did with blockbuster vs netflix.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Digital downloading of games will eventually eat game stop like it did with blockbuster vs netflix.

pretty sure it already did. That’s why nobody goes to gamestop anymore. I know the last few years I haven’t bought a physical game. I just buy and download it

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
pretty sure it already did. That’s why nobody goes to gamestop anymore. I know the last few years I haven’t bought a physical game. I just buy and download it

It might just be the boomer in me but I still like to have a physical copy of stuff that I pay for.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It might just be the boomer in me but I still like to have a physical copy of stuff that I pay for.

so you can get the $1.13 when you sell it back to GameStop? Lol