I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
All the GME “hold the liners” are feeling the pain of being on the “front lines.” Down in the 60’s and still dropping

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
WKHS for the win!!!!!!!!!!!

Steaks tonight motherfuckers!!!!!!!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, will you guys take a look at this stock and lemme know what you think:

VGAC

VG just merged with 23andMe and did an ipo

It says VG is managing the merger so I am not sure what that means.

But I guess 23andMe is going to use the cash infux to expand into merging genetic profiling and medicine

Sounds promising to me and I kinda want to buy in

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

VGAC

But I guess 23andMe is going to use the cash infux to expand into merging genetic profiling and medicine

@botfly10

IPOS tend to do very well at the beginning. And then the wheels fall off. It can take up to a year for the stock to settle in and figure out it's worth.

RKT mortgage IPOd a few months ago and followed this pattern.

If I believe in the company, I tend to not care about the short term but I always ask myself "why are they going public?" What will they do with the money? How will they grow?"

If you are looking for a quick buck, IPOs will give you that. You won't miss the boat by holding back.

Good Luck!

Look for tried and true blue chips. Visa, Mastercard are great.

PyPL and SQ are two winners

ARK funds have printed money.

Solo picks are tough when just starting out.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lol. My friend is still riding GME down into the toilet. I have no idea what he’s thinking. He had $400k+ at one point. I simply don’t have words to describe what I’ve seen him do. Yeah, you’ll never time it, but to hold when it dropped below $300 was asinine.

He’s been spitting garbage about really liking the stock and it has a future... blah blah blah. You know what, that’s fine but get your $350k and wait for it to drop and buy back in when it’s $6. Don’t ride the shitshow back to $6! “The Cause” sunk its teeth into him and he didn’t realize securing profits was the name of the game.

Whatever. At least I don’t have to hear about his big win and how he’s so smart now. He’s been pretty quiet.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol. My friend is still riding GME down into the toilet. I have no idea what he’s thinking. He had $400k+ at one point. I simply don’t have words to describe what I’ve seen him do. Yeah, you’ll never time it, but to hold when it dropped below $300 was asinine.

He’s been spitting garbage about really liking the stock and it has a future... blah blah blah. You know what, that’s fine but get your $350k and wait for it to drop and buy back in when it’s $6. Don’t ride the shitshow back to $6! “The Cause” sunk its teeth into him and he didn’t realize securing profits was the name of the game.

Whatever. At least I don’t have to hear about his big win and how he’s so smart now. He’s been pretty quiet.
Wow lol. I can see riding it to zero if you only put in a couple hundred bucks but willingly walking away from damn near half a mill? That’s next level stupidity

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never got why people thought riding it to the bottom was part of the cause

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, we had a zoom call with about 10-12 people. All friends of his. I think we were all more excited about the possibilities with $400k than he was. He was wanting to talk about GameStop and its potential. We were like, “yeah it’s potential to make you nearly half a million and make your life better “. He was like “yeah but GameStop this and that”. I knew right then he was fucked. It wasn’t about making money for some reason. It was about some dumb cause.

Guess what? People cashed in millions or hundreds of thousands and the damn cause is still there. Get your money! Well he can’t anymore. Idiot.

Last edited:

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GME up 55% this morning... All this is going to do is give him false hope. After all the manipulation the last week, I don't see this going back to the levels it saw a week (300+), but I've been wrong before. For my friend... who cares at this point. He'll hold no matter what. I think he'll talk himself out of selling no matter the price. He's a dreamer and always thinks there is something better coming. We'll see.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
GME up 55% this morning... All this is going to do is give him false hope. After all the manipulation the last week, I don't see this going back to the levels it saw a week (300+), but I've been wrong before. For my friend... who cares at this point. He'll hold no matter what. I think he'll talk himself out of selling no matter the price. He's a dreamer and always thinks there is something better coming. We'll see.
Been there. Made 1K, why not 4K? Made 20K, why not 100K? It's never ending. Can't be greedy in the stock market. We're little fish, all of us. If a multibagger comes your way, don't hesitate. Don't flinch. Be grateful. Made a killing on ERBB back in the day, but could have made 4X it if I would have sold when I first thought I should. Then proceeded to lose my ass on MINE (VitaminFizz) b/c playing the pink sheets was a world of possibilities.

Now, I just do the ROTH IRA and 529 plans for the boys. Hardly ever play anymore.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Finally was able to get my 500 shares of HLIX. I should've had 1k by now at a cheaper price point, but nothing I can do about it now.

Been there. Made 1K, why not 4K? Made 20K, why not 100K? It's never ending. Can't be greedy in the stock market. We're little fish, all of us. If a multibagger comes your way, don't hesitate. Don't flinch. Be grateful. Made a killing on ERBB back in the day, but could have made 4X it if I would have sold when I first thought I should. Then proceeded to lose my ass on MINE (VitaminFizz) b/c playing the pink sheets was a world of possibilities.

Now, I just do the ROTH IRA and 529 plans for the boys. Hardly ever play anymore.

I did the same with NKLA. Bought in low because I liked everything I saw, but when it blew up, I got out. Thankfully I did. I'm long on most things. I keep my eyes/ears open, but generally I look for something to be in long and if it blows up, I get out.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally was able to get my 500 shares of HLIX. I should've had 1k by now at a cheaper price point, but nothing I can do about it now.

I did the same with NKLA. Bought in low because I liked everything I saw, but when it blew up, I got out. Thankfully I did. I'm long on most things. I keep my eyes/ears open, but generally I look for something to be in long and if it blows up, I get out.

My buddies are screaming for me to buy XRP. They seem to think all the banks are going to use it, like another company named swift. I don't know. I have like 1K of it, but they are going "balls deep."

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

VGAC

It does sound interesting and what we would expect progress to look like, using both of their technologies better together.
Synergistic merger at the least.

Sometimes there needs to be a big picture, of turning tech to profits and how soon? As long as you fairly accurate judge that timetable and are prepared to hold on for the ride it can work out. How many months/years are they from a profitable product as a result of this merger? And how far along is the competition? Can they strike a deal with say Kaiser Permanente, or is that some of the competition?

Also, we are probably due for major medical reform, so I would inquire whether most of VGAC profits have been from innovation and patents or from exploitive practice in the current medical landscape and to what degree and how it balances with the competition.

Last edited: