Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I snuck in yesterday morning pre-market and happened to look at my phone at 945am and smashed that close position button!

I haven't gone into anything new. Was waiting to put more on Boeing. Mostly just putting money into my long positions. I actually am doing what @Ares said in one of my accounts, staying more on bonds until the next market downturn. At least I get a mini-return there until things are more reasonable.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Any NIO holders out there? thursday and today(Monday) have been crazy good. Been holding that one a lil over a year now, and it’s finally paying off. planning on selling enough to get my initial investment out, then letting the rest ride

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Any NIO holders out there? thursday and today(Monday) have been crazy good. Been holding that one a lil over a year now, and it’s finally paying off. planning on selling enough to get my initial investment out, then letting the rest ride

Bought in for a small chunk today. I'm bagholding some WKHS now too, but I believe NIO and WKHS give the industry good competition. NKLA is sort of weird though. It'd be nice if they actually made a car and not just hype videos.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Market can't ignore covid-19 for much longer.

We've literally been in like 2-3 months of this weird fabricated reality where covid-19 layoffs and business closures and loss of income and worst, the continuing pandemic which is only getting worse, aren't actually happening.

Wait for the first domino to fall where a State (MI maybe) decides they need to shut down again.

The market will tumble, and more States will do the same.

If we were seeing covid-19 calming down, maybe this market could make sense.... but all covid-19 has done is get worse.

Prepare to do more buying when this crashes again.

I know, I fucking know @MarylandBear111 ... I shouldn't be trying to time the market!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

We've literally been in like 2-3 months of this weird fabricated reality where covid-19 layoffs and business closures and loss of income and worst, the continuing pandemic which is only getting worse, aren't actually happening.

Wait for the first domino to fall where a State (MI maybe) decides they need to shut down again.

If we were seeing covid-19 calming down, maybe this market could make sense.... but all covid-19 has done is get worse.

I know, I fucking know @MarylandBear111 ... I shouldn't be trying to time the market!

JUST GET ALL YER MONEY IN THERE!!!! DON"T TIME IT!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bought in for a small chunk today. I'm bagholding some WKHS now too, but I believe NIO and WKHS give the industry good competition. NKLA is sort of weird though. It'd be nice if they actually made a car and not just hype videos.

yeah, not sure if yesterday was a good time to buy in since it’s gone nuts the last few days. But, if you’re a long term believer in it, then it’ll be a fine entry point. Yesterday I sold enough stock in it to get my initial investment out and am just letting the profits ride. I haven’t looked into WKHS much, and agree 100% on NKLA.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

liquidity baby. The FED still hasn’t used up much of what it had announced it was willing to do. The FED can probably keep this thing propped up another year or two at this rate. By then we hopefully are getting past the pandemic. That said, get ready for inflation to actually matter for the first time in decades. Buy up some gold

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
liquidity baby. The FED still hasn’t used up much of what it had announced it was willing to do. The FED can probably keep this thing propped up another year or two at this rate. By then we hopefully are getting past the pandemic. That said, get ready for inflation to actually matter for the first time in decades. Buy up some gold

No liquidity will save the current state of this market.

Everyone is living on borrowed time/money (literally)

I expect to see another panic where the DOW drops to 18k-20k, roughly the same bottom it saw earlier this year.

Especially when we get to the election in November, regardless of what happens or whomst wins, it is going to add to the volatility.

Agree with you on Gold right now.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No liquidity will save the current state of this market.

Everyone is living on borrowed time/money (literally)

I expect to see another panic where the DOW drops to 18k-20k, roughly the same bottom it saw earlier this year.

Especially when we get to the election in November, regardless of what happens or whomst wins, it is going to add to the volatility.

Agree with you on Gold right now.

FED has used roughly 6-7% of the 2.3 trillion it said it could supply to the economy. If the 6-7% has kept the stock market humming so far, then it’s easy to think the other 93% could keep it running for another couple years. Of course, other shit could occur during the next year or two to derail that(I.e. war).

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

FED has used roughly 6-7% of the 2.3 trillion it said it could supply to the economy. If the 6-7% has kept the stock market humming so far, then it’s easy to think the other 93% could keep it running for another couple years. Of course, other shit could occur during the next year or two to derail that(I.e. war).

We borrowed 2.3 Trillion, which we're loaning out.

So we're asking everyone to take on debt in order to continue existing.

It can only go on for so long.

If you don't believe me, start borrowing on your credit to pay all your bills and cut your revenue by 50-90%.

Let me know how long you survive.

We're pretending right now.... total house of cards.

Market is built on economic activity.... people buying things... people selling things.... people creating new things to buy/sell.... right now that entire system is fucked.

People can't go out and work en mass, and as such they can't spend en mass.... all the normal economic mechanisms are either frozen or way slowed down.

At some point you can't keep borrowing to fund activity that produces no revenue/profit from the actual market.

Things are still happening, but the market is pretending it is happening as though the pandemic ended already.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We borrowed 2.3 Trillion, which we're loaning out.

So we're asking everyone to take on debt in order to continue existing.

It can only go on for so long.

If you don't believe me, start borrowing on your credit to pay all your bills and cut your revenue by 50-90%.

Let me know how long you survive.

We're pretending right now.... total house of cards.

Market is built on economic activity.... people buying things... people selling things.... people creating new things to buy/sell.... right now that entire system is fucked.

People can't go out and work en mass, and as such they can't spend en mass.... all the normal economic mechanisms are either frozen or way slowed down.

At some point you can't keep borrowing to fund activity that produces no revenue/profit from the actual market.

Things are still happening, but the market is pretending it is happening as though the pandemic ended already.

totally agree with you on it being a house of cards. I just am posturing that it could last another year or two thanks to the FED’s liquidity.

people aren’t able to go out and work en masse(it tried to auto correct to Bobby Massie lol), but the stimulus money and unemployment extra money have helped many continue to keep spending. Until those things go away, people are going to keep spending. This is where future inflation is going to butt fuck us, which is why we buying up some gold now in preparation.

basically, we agree on everything other than the potential for the stock market to keep afloat another year or two. And that’s okay, you could end up totally correct in the markets tanking soon. my portfolio is ready for that if it does happen...I’m just not going to doubt the FED’s ability to prop up this house of cards a lil longer

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
totally agree with you on it being a house of cards. I just am posturing that it could last another year or two thanks to the FED’s liquidity.

people aren’t able to go out and work en masse(it tried to auto correct to Bobby Massie lol), but the stimulus money and unemployment extra money have helped many continue to keep spending. Until those things go away, people are going to keep spending. This is where future inflation is going to butt fuck us, which is why we buying up some gold now in preparation.

basically, we agree on everything other than the potential for the stock market to keep afloat another year or two. And that’s okay, you could end up totally correct in the markets tanking soon. my portfolio is ready for that if it does happen...I’m just not going to doubt the FED’s ability to prop up this house of cards a lil longer

Fair enough.

Lol at Bobbie Massie autocorrect.

False start.... @knoxville7 ..... 5 yawd penalty..... repeat 1st down

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fair enough.

Lol at Bobbie Massie autocorrect.

False start.... @knoxville7 ..... 5 yawd penalty..... repeat 1st down

curious what gold investments you’re into? I’ve just got some GLD and IAU

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
curious what gold investments you’re into? I’ve just got some GLD and IAU

I buy gold and silver from APMEX.

I've never bought into like Gold or Silver ETFs, I just buy to hold it in reserve and/or give it away to my nieces as gifts.

Something in my head says "At least if economy/society were to collapse you've got hard valuables to trade."

I also enjoy filling my bath tub with my gold coins and splashing around in them like Scrooge McDuck.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
yeah, not sure if yesterday was a good time to buy in since it’s gone nuts the last few days. But, if you’re a long term believer in it, then it’ll be a fine entry point. Yesterday I sold enough stock in it to get my initial investment out and am just letting the profits ride. I haven’t looked into WKHS much, and agree 100% on NKLA.
I'm not at all a believer...yet. I got in at 13 and some change and got out at 15 and some change at 10 am this morning... Made a quick couple hundos... THis was just a quick thought after work yesterday and I was in and out. WKHS however, I stayed in and am now a unhappy bagholder.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm not at all a believer...yet. I got in at 13 and some change and got out at 15 and some change at 10 am this morning... Made a quick couple hundos... THis was just a quick thought after work yesterday and I was in and out. WKHS however, I stayed in and am now a unhappy bagholder.

yeah, it’s hard to be a full on believer in NIO...it could be a luckin coffee thing all over again. Then again, considering the Chinese govt...they could decide to put out “incentives” to buy Chinese NIO vehicles. I got in around $6.75, sold out around half my shares at about $13.50. Now letting the house money ride on. in it till zero or the ?!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

JUST GET ALL YER MONEY IN THERE!!!! DON"T TIME IT!

-_-

Are you guys making fun of me?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
-_-

Are you guys making fun of me?

I'm certainly not making fun of you, I've been making fun of all the CNBC analysts that say "Don't time the market" while they sit there and time the market to make their money.

I find it very patronizing they tell the general public to basically just stick to dumping money into the market on a regular basis, as if normal people can't possibly grasp the notion of "Stuff cheap, buy now.... stuff valuable, sell now."

Basically they enjoy making money off timing the market and think you, the average investor, is too dumb to understand numbers.... literally that you couldn't possibly understand if you bought in at X and the market brings it to 2X then you can sell for 2X.

I know the general public on average is stupid, but I don't think the average viewer of CNBC or other business news is incapable of "Timing the market".

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I buy gold and silver from APMEX.

I've never bought into like Gold or Silver ETFs, I just buy to hold it in reserve and/or give it away to my nieces as gifts.

Something in my head says "At least if economy/society were to collapse you've got hard valuables to trade."

I also enjoy filling my bath tub with my gold coins and splashing around in them like Scrooge McDuck.

So you're buying actual gold then? Are you just buying coins? Bars? Are you paying additional to store it? I looked into buying some, but I don't really want gold just lying around the house LOL. I went with an ETF.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you're buying actual gold then? Are you just buying coins? Bars? Are you paying additional to store it? I looked into buying some, but I don't really want gold just lying around the house LOL. I went with an ETF.

Yes, I buy the actual metals.

Gold I usually buy coins, Silver I buy bars.

I bury it in my front yard at 2am, as one ought to.