I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ive been in weed for years. It tends to pop around elections.
I made a ton on paper by being up thousands maybe two years ago. I never sold and I am currently about a grand down in CGC and APHA and CRON.
I think CGC is the way to go though. It should trade into the 30's.
I don't think weed stocks are a lottery ticket anymore though. If they don't turn a profit, the shares will adjust.
I have 250 shares of CGC and 75 CRON. I forget how much APHA i have but it aint much.

yeah, 2018 right? I made a nice chunk of change on weed stocks back then too. I sold out right before they all came crashing back to reality. Then I bought back in after the crash. Since, they’ve gone down more, but I expect to see the bump back up sometime in the near future. CGC seems to be the best play as far as Canadian weed companies go...but there’s a couple American ones I really like as well. And whenever it becomes federally legal in the states, you’ll see the American companies boom, while the Canadian ones drop I imagine

@ijustposthere like marylandbear, I hadnt heard of K12 before you mentioned it...it seems pretty speculative, which isn’t totally a bad thing...just more risk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yeah, 2018 right? I made a nice chunk of change on weed stocks back then too. I sold out right before they all came crashing back to reality. Then I bought back in after the crash. Since, they’ve gone down more, but I expect to see the bump back up sometime in the near future. CGC seems to be the best play as far as Canadian weed companies go...but there’s a couple American ones I really like as well. And whenever it becomes federally legal in the states, you’ll see the American companies boom, while the Canadian ones drop I imagine

@ijustposthere like marylandbear, I hadnt heard of K12 before you mentioned it...it seems pretty speculative, which isn’t totally a bad thing...just more risk

Definitely speculative. I was looking at a quick buck, in and out, but I'm with @MarylandBear111 that I probably missed that opportunity. Looked at a month ago and it was in the twenties. Could've doubled my cash if I had known about it then. Gonna look more into BLNK, might throw a few bucks down and get me a couple hundred shares.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tech Stock anyone? I bought AMD at $20.00 a share. Wish I had purchased 10x as much. Ouch if you own Intel.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tech Stock anyone? I bought AMD at $20.00 a share. Wish I had purchased 10x as much. Ouch if you own Intel.

I just sold my AMD on that intel news at just over $69. I’m expecting a buy the rumor sell the news type situation. It already had its run up into earnings today

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just sold my AMD on that intel news at just over $69. I’m expecting a buy the rumor sell the news type situation. It already had its run up into earnings today

Not me. And I am glad.

Advanced Micro Devices Inc. shares headed toward record highs in after-hours trading Tuesday after the chip company reported second-quarter earnings that beat expectations and increased its full-year forecast despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

After hours trading has them at 74.4

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
BA down almost 5% today.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wish I would've been paying attention to Kodak, holy shit.

EDIT: Beat me to it @HawkBear It was going off yesterday too. Was up like 200% yesterday, and something like 300% today.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not me. And I am glad.

Advanced Micro Devices Inc. shares headed toward record highs in after-hours trading Tuesday after the chip company reported second-quarter earnings that beat expectations and increased its full-year forecast despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

After hours trading has them at 74.4

yep, it figures I would be mistaken on that. I just figured it was buy the rumor and sell the news due to amd going up like $7 a share on intels terrible earnings report. Oh well...I have been in and out of AMD since it was like $8 a share a few years ago

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wish I would've been paying attention to Kodak, holy shit.

EDIT: Beat me to it @HawkBear It was going off yesterday too. Was up like 200% yesterday, and something like 300% today.

Tomorrow look out for Blockbuster Video to make a huge run!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The net worth of Kodak’s top executive has skyrocketed on the company’s transformation from an ailing camera maker to cutting-edge pharmaceutical start-up — thanks in part to some timely share purchases.

James Continenza, Kodak’s executive chairman and de facto CEO, was sitting pretty as the company’s largest individual shareholder — with 650,000 shares — when it emerged on Tuesday that Kodak would be launching a new pharmaceutical arm with help from the Trump administration.

News of the $765 million loan — the first of its kind to reduce the US’s reliance on foreign manufacturers — sent Wall Street into a tizzy. The stock tripled in price on Tuesday before closing up Wednesday another 317 percent, or $25.15 a share, to $33.20. This week alone, the stock is up more than 1,700 percent.

For Continenza, who only took over as de facto CEO last year, the buying frenzy has resulted in a two-day profit of more than $200 million. As of Monday, Continenza’s 650,000 Kodak shares were worth just $1.3 million — not counting the millions in vested stock options he holds in the company. By Wednesday afternoon, his holdings were worth roughly $215.8 million.

Continenza purchased almost 100,000 of his Kodak shares this year, including 46,737 shares on June 23rd for just at $2.22. His profit on the June purchase alone stands at almost $1.6 million.

Legal experts warn that his stock purchases could raise eyebrows given that Kodak’s price pop is both eye-popping and based on a negotiated deal with the government.

SEE ALSO
1596074224675.gif
Kodak launching new pharmaceuticals arm with $765M federal loan
“If these shares were purchased on the open market based on private information, that would be a problem,” said Charles Elson, a corporate governance expert from the University of Delaware.

“But if they are scheduled quarterly purchases, that is well within the rules of the SEC.” The Securities and Exchange Commission allows public company insiders to buy and sell stock at a predetermined time and price to prevent insider trading.

A Kodak spokesman told The Post in a statement that Continenza’s June purchase was “a continuation of ongoing, regular investments in Kodak and are in full compliance with regulatory guidelines for investment activity.”

Continenza, a former telecom executive, is also sitting on a potential gold mine in the form of roughly 2.5 million stock options in Kodak that vest at prices between $3.03 and $12 a share in 2026.

On Wednesday, he told CNBC that the initial high-level talks with the government started two months ago and that insiders had known “for over a week” that the loan had been approved before it was announced.

When asked about unusual trading in Kodak stock that kicked off Monday, a day before the announcement, he said he didn’t know. “I mean obviously this has been a pretty tight kept secret even until the last day.”

The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday attributed Kodak’s 25 percent gain on Monday on heavy volume to websites of the ABC and CBS affiliates in Rochester reporting on news of the government loan ahead of embargo. Both stories were removed after Kodak balked, but it had already been collected by internet data scrappers like Meltwater, a global media intelligence company.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep, it figures I would be mistaken on that. I just figured it was buy the rumor and sell the news due to amd going up like $7 a share on intels terrible earnings report. Oh well...I have been in and out of AMD since it was like $8 a share a few years ago

$85.04

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

haha I know it...oh well, if I have to be wrong...I’d prefer it be where I made profits, just not the max amount.

its still extremely overvalued. A pullback Is coming

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Get your puts and VIX calls ready!