Strome Signed 2 Year $3M Cap Hit

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Great term.

If he breaks out this year playing a sheltered role with Kane and Cat his trade value at that cap hit becomes high.

But that's the problem. The Hawks are pretty much a one line team that needs to be next level effective on the PP, of which Keith will still be first unit when hes pretty much done.

I hate to say it, but with everyone they brought in, I'm getting the feels Stan thinks this team can contend. They are built to play the exact type of style JC implemented in Rockford.

AHL mucking in the NHL......

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not a big Strome fan -- he reminds me too much of Anisimov; a never-will-be-great but serviceable-at-best 2LC -- but it's hard to be that upset with this deal. Glad it's not 3 years and I'm glad there isn't a NTC attached.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a big Strome fan -- he reminds me too much of Anisimov; a never-will-be-great but serviceable-at-best 2LC -- but it's hard to be that upset with this deal. Glad it's not 3 years and I'm glad there isn't a NTC attached.
Reminds me except I know who would win a cage match.
And lets not underestimate Anisimov's tip stick and rebound anticipation and length at net front. There are reasons he was a great partner to Kane up until Nashville cheap shotted the back of his knee, and he was never the same, imo. Part of that was returning another year older and then being exposed to the Blackhawks small ball beat down for too long.

Strome's tip stick/hands...just don't appear to me to be in that category. I'm not sure he should even bother trying to be a net front player, except his skating is clumsy and shit so he just needs to get stronger and keep excelling at whatever aspects he can to be a successful tweener. He is definitely talented offensively and a benefit to us. Top 5 pick? No but he is somewhere up there with Hartman and other beneficial late first type players to have around.

Dach proved to be the better and maybe ultimate partner for Kane eventually, and what I think we really need long term is the perfect Power winger to remove phyical pressure from a Strome-Cat pairing, boost their defense and win some pucks in the corner.

I'd like to see if Barrett can quickly grow into that guy, but my vision is somebody even bigger and more physical, or just give up and split them up...friends or not they aren't great together without a very cohesive and physical 3rd mate, imo. Kane erases the issues another way, but thats a unique player and gives up half the ice when we deploy our best player.

Find the solution for Kane and Cat/Strome seperately and you have some lines. Toews can be fortified in house with the foreigners pretty easily.

Excited to see Janmark-Strome-Cat maybe. Cat-Strome-Wallmark....

While not perfect one might offer us a better option than we have seen recently for a pretty talented 3rd line if they can hold up with the right D pairing.

They should spend more time figuring out how to get Cat going as that third scorer is huge.
If Cat, Kane, Kubalik are your right wings, and now we have some natural left wings...

this thing might come back together after-all, but they are delusional about the tiny young d-men and the goalies so 2021 at the least is lost.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Well, 3 mil for a 2C is a steal. The only problem with that is, that's all Strome can play and needs to be sheltered on top of it.

Now that he's being upgraded to 1C, he will be eaten alive by other 1Cs because of his lack of speed and refusal to play even average defense.

I hope he proves me wrong, or that JC is going to mix up the lines because honestly Kane can carry a line by himself and is such a threat teams will be focusing on him, but I can't see JC doing that and stacking one scoring line.

If you had..

Cat/Strome/Shaw
Kubi/Soder/Kane

I like the idea of Kane with a pure shooter and a sheltered Strome line considering Kubi and Soder can back check then two bottom mucker lines.

But then you look at that defense and goaltending and say "fuck it this team is the shits why bother"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cat-Strome-Shaw are too small to play together. We understand why Kane eliminates the too small problem by freezing the skates of 5 defenders.

For Shaw to make up the physical weakness of that tandem, while not protecting them from moving bodies...its just doesn't work. The goons on the other side all start smiling and targeting and literally laughing at us and talking shit while they smear us all over the ice and dare us to go into a corner or drop gloves and fight back.

Shaw ends up being the one with courage, and will be concussed in game 3.

Its just too easy to build a trash line against, further stacking other lines against our best.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't remember how to use Shaw and Jewels. Its fucking wonderful that they are so tough. Fucking great...

but the goddman Hawks take that and want to deploy them with mini-mes....thats not the idea at all.

The idea is you add quickness and speed and a small skill player with the williness and strength to burst into hard areas and get dirty with the goons, and take some heat off skill guys, etc...

Its great that they play like that...but the thing is they are meant to play with a Bickell, or a Podz...or a Pasta/Marchand.

Fucking imagine if you rolled out Marchand to protect Cat and Hinostroza....

Like thats the fucking Hawks. Thats the shit we do.

This ends up highlighting their weakness...size...instead of enforcing Bickells strength or something, by adding a player with Bickell who can feed on chaos and scrap it up with them. In this manner, you end up a nightmare team to face...

but when you put Shaw out there as the enforcer alone...its a fucking joke. He's brave, he's tough, he's not 6'4" 230lbs.

All you do is deploy Seeler and Entwhistle and 3 skill players become completely neutrilized. It doesn't work. Its stupid and it gets Jewels and Shaw hurt and then they play hurt, etc etc...

and we lose the war of atrition again. Its a contact sport, it has an attrition factor you must account for or die.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking goddamnit!!!

I mean...I've literally seen this team ask Jewels to be an enforcer.

You put Jewels with a power forward that can play and they are a nightmare and the other team is cursing into their skates on the bench.

You put Jewels out there with Strome and Cat and the other team fucking laughs at you and gets a hard-on.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rasko have you envisioned a

kubalik Strome Kaner

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Rasko have you envisioned a

kubalik Strome Kaner
The cat will have to play with somebody. The team will need to spread the wealth to a certain degree, to at the very least ,make the games somewhat competitive for the opponent.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The cat will have to play with somebody. The team will need to spread the wealth to a certain degree, to at the very least ,make the games somewhat competitive for the opponent.
Yeah I keep forgetting about Cat. Wonder if they go with Cat Soderbueg and Suter.

althoughI saw in the training camp roster 2 names to keep an eye on

Tim Soderland
Andrei Altybarmakian