Sun-Times: Bears' plan is Borom at LT, Jenkins at RT. Hopefully one of them sticks for 2023.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
Well, he still can't figure out that Hong Kong is NOT a city in China, so there's that....
Uhhh… what? My entire extended family was born in Hong Kong and we go all the time. It’s been a city in China since 1997.

It may not have the same legislation/economy but it nonetheless is a city and territorially belongs to China.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, I'm aware what I said. You're just arguing the word "literally". Which, sure in a literal sense, 3 teams had more rushes than passes based on counting stats. But in the actual sense, when you take into account dropbacks (which would only happen on a pass play) then LITERALLY nobody ran more rushing plays than passing plays.

I stand by what I said, which is correct. You are also correct based on your stat. My stat is much more of an accurate representation of what happened.

Philly had 494 passes and 31 sacks. They rushed 550 times. Hurts was their leading rusher so doubtful all his carries were designed pass plays as they run a lot of designed runs with him as well as RPOs where he has the run pass option.

This also just looks at 2021 which does take into account a team like the Ravens who in 2020 were at 55% and dropped this year due to injuries at RB.

Bears should be modeling their run pass ratio after 2 teams that have extremely mobile QBs in Hurts and Jackson. They were at 44% last year so probably can get closer to a 50-50 split.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Uhhh… what? My entire extended family was born in Hong Kong and we go all the time. It’s been a city in China since 1997.

It may not have the same legislation/economy but it nonetheless is a city and territorially belongs to China.
We could all argue about this until the sun comes up. Not taking one side or the other, but the question of whether Hong Kong is a city in China is a hugely volatile political issue. Most places list Hong Kong as being autonomously separate from China, but China would love for you to refer to it as being part of China. It's like asking whether Taiwan is a part of China.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Philly had 494 passes and 31 sacks. They rushed 550 times. Hurts was their leading rusher so doubtful all his carries were designed pass plays as they run a lot of designed runs with him as well as RPOs where he has the run pass option.

This also just looks at 2021 which does take into account a team like the Ravens who in 2020 were at 55% and dropped this year due to injuries at RB.

Bears should be modeling their run pass ratio after 2 teams that have extremely mobile QBs in Hurts and Jackson. They were at 44% last year so probably can get closer to a 50-50 split.

Hurts had around 60 scrambles for the year if I remember correctly.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
We could all argue about this until the sun comes up. Not taking one side or the other, but the question of whether Hong Kong is a city in China is a hugely volatile political issue. Most places list Hong Kong as being autonomously separate from China, but China would love for you to refer to it as being part of China. It's like asking whether Taiwan is a part of China.
yeah it is political I guess, but I will say much of my extended family are native born and raised in hong kong (I myself was born here) and they consider themselves chinese.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I never said all of Hurts carries were designed pass plays. And yes, my original comment was nobody in 2021 ran more than they passed, so why would I take into account 2020?

Also the Bears should NOT be modeling their offense after athletic guys who can't throw. Sure, Fields is athletic, but Hurts and Jackson are worse throwing the ball than Fields is. And they are also much more willing runners because of their accuracy limitations. They ran the ball over 130 times each, Hurts missed 2 games, Lamar missed 5. As a comparison, Fields would have run the ball 102 times projected out to 17 games. The Bears should model their run/pass split after the 2019 Bills, who had an extremely mobile QB, but one who's running doesn't have to lead his team in carries as part of the offensive strategy (not coincedentally, Allen was in the ballpark of 2021 Fields with 109 rushes in 16 games). It's doing Fields a disservice to run the ball that much. And as I've pointed out before, their OL and weapons weren't anything special that year either. You can't let the OL dictate the playcalling over actually maximizing your potential franchise QB's strengths, no matter how bad the OL is.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Wait......some team LITERALLY ran it more than they passed it in 2021?

Not what I've been told....literally.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

1. No it has not been a city IN China since 1997
2. It IS a special administrative region OF China

Bottom line, Hong Kong is NOT a city IN China, whether your family was born there or not.

CC: @Grimson

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bears should be modeling their run pass ratio after 2 teams that have extremely mobile QBs in Hurts and Jackson. They were at 44% last year so probably caGina?

closer to a 50-50 split.

This means nothing. Did they call more run plays than pass plays? That's the question. When backing out scrambles and sacks, not one single team called more running plays than passing plays.

greg23

Liked Posts:

This means nothing. Did they call more run plays than pass plays? That's the question. When backing out scrambles and sacks, not one single team called more running plays than passing plays.
That's a guess and it wasn't the original statement.....literally......it was

"Literally 0 teams ran more than the passed last year."

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's a guess and it wasn't the original statement.....literally......it was

"Literally 0 teams ran more than the passed last year."

You're not exactly grasping this.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I never said all of Hurts carries were designed pass plays. And yes, my original comment was nobody in 2021 ran more than they passed, so why would I take into account 2020?

Also the Bears should NOT be modeling their offense after athletic guys who can't throw. Sure, Fields is athletic, but Hurts and Jackson are worse throwing the ball than Fields is. And they are also much more willing runners because of their accuracy limitations. They ran the ball over 130 times each, Hurts missed 2 games, Lamar missed 5. As a comparison, Fields would have run the ball 102 times projected out to 17 games. The Bears should model their run/pass split after the 2019 Bills, who had an extremely mobile QB, but one who's running doesn't have to lead his team in carries as part of the offensive strategy (not coincedentally, Allen was in the ballpark of 2021 Fields with 109 rushes in 16 games). It's doing Fields a disservice to run the ball that much. And as I've pointed out before, their OL and weapons weren't anything special that year either. You can't let the OL dictate the playcalling over actually maximizing your potential franchise QB's strengths, no matter how bad the OL is.

I'm going ignore the run-pass ratio stuff.

However, I did want to add my support that people really need to stop assuming that Fields needs to be a running qb like Hurts or Lamar. If they want to model his play after any particular qb's, it should be Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers. Those are guys that are mobile, can run, but generally look to pass first. They have been pretty damn good at it too.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
1. No it has not been a city IN China since 1997
2. It IS a special administrative region OF China

Bottom line, Hong Kong is NOT a city IN China, whether your family was born there or not.

CC: @Grimson

Semantics only. It belongs territorially to China. It is a city. Are you from Hong Kong? Love it that you are speaking for the people there.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Semantics only. It belongs territorially to China. It is a city. Are you from Hong Kong? Love it that you are speaking for the people there including my family.
yes, i'm from Hong Kong

:jonesy::what::javy::cutty:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Then go outside once in a while and talk to some people there. Either that or you’re one of the white minority who lives downtown.

you okay?

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
This was such an easy google search…….

View attachment 20126

Wtf? Just look at Wikipedia then. “Hong Kong is a city and special administrative region of China”

Is Hong Kong a city?
Is it territorially part of China?

You can argue semantics all you want but it comes down to just those two questions.

Also just go talk to some people there.

Attachments

• E7507DDE-A2E1-4190-8F3C-6C83E50CFE69.jpeg
    E7507DDE-A2E1-4190-8F3C-6C83E50CFE69.jpeg
    622.2 KB · Views: 0