Sun-Times: Bears' plan is Borom at LT, Jenkins at RT. Hopefully one of them sticks for 2023.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
For someone nobody's ever even heard of before you seem to be coming at me pretty hard. Seems a bit strange innit?

I’m not really trying to come at you hard. Just given my whole father’s side of the family is from there and I go every year I thought I’d respond. But I apologize if I came on too hard and I will stop.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Wtf? Just look at Wikipedia then. “Hong Kong is a city and special administrative region of China”

Is Hong Kong a city?
Is it territorially part of China?

You can argue semantics all you want but it comes down to just those two questions.
Wiki is one of the most unreliable sources on the internet. I easily googled that question and dozens of sources popped up with that same exact answer. I personally don’t care, just letting you know how easy it is to find the correct answer.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
Wiki is one of the most unreliable sources on the internet. I easily googled that question and dozens of sources popped up with that same exact answer. I personally don’t care, just letting you know how easy it is to find the correct answer.

And I’ll tell you as people from there my family disagrees, no matter what internet articles say. I will stop at this point apparently I’m angering people. I apologize for that i only meant to provide a native perspective (not me, I was born here. My dad’s side of the family).

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m not really coming at you hard. Just given my whole father’s side of the family is from there and I go every year I thought I’d respond. But I apologize if I came on too hard and I will stop.
Not to be a dick, but it seems like you and your family are wrong. There is a different between being a city and a SAR.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m not really coming at you hard. Just given my whole father’s side of the family is from there and I go every year I thought I’d respond. But I apologize if I came on too hard and I will stop.
It's okay, I'm okay if you're going to be okay.

Not to rustle things further but when you visit your whole father's side of the family in Hong Kong every single year are you able to access CCS with ease?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And I’ll tell you as people from there my family disagrees, no matter what internet articles say. I will stop at this point apparently I’m angering people. I apologize for that i only meant to provide a native perspective (not me, I was born here. My dad’s side of the family).
I’m not angered at all. I just posted a snapshot of what Hong Kong actually is. That’s ok if your family has different beliefs but that doesn’t mean they are correct. Technically Hong Kong is not a city and nothing changes that.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
It's okay, I'm okay if you're going to be okay.

Not to rustle things further but when you visit your whole father's side of the family in Hong Kong every single year are you able to access CCS with ease?

Yes. My father has a Hong Kong passport, and he “pulls me through” the Hong Kong line even though I don’t have one.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
I know people who had to go in prison for saying, they're not a City in China. Think about this. Instead of CCS poster, they guess before speaking / writing.

PS. We obviously have a nice life, if our problem is Hong Kong and China ?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

No one that I know IRL that lives there thinks they are Chinese citizens nor want to be. Maybe you missed the massive protests a couple years ago when China was trying Chinesify HK even more.

Could China take over HK if they wanted to? Yes... and at that point HK would be a Chinese city.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, Hong Kong has its own passport?

Yes. Because it's essentially a different country even though it's not. But one thing it's definitely not is a City in China. Territory yes, I'll even let Province slide.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes. Because it's essentially a different country even though it's not. But one thing it's definitely not is a City in China. Territory yes, I'll even let Province slide.
I was gonna say, seems a bit strange that a city in China would be issuing its own passports instead of citizens there getting Chinese passports but then I remembered the fact that Hong Kong is not a city in China.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:

Just curious (not trying to be difficult , genuinely curious). Do you consider Puerto Rican cities American cities?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hong Kong sucks. Just give it to the Chinese already.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Hong Kong sucks. Just give it to the Chinese already.
What you basing this on? Did you ever been there?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For someone nobody's ever even heard of before you seem to be coming at me pretty hard. Seems a bit strange innit?
Is it Nick again??