Sun-Times: Bears' plan is Borom at LT, Jenkins at RT. Hopefully one of them sticks for 2023.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
This thread has led to me denouncing my belief in the Christian god. I no longer believe in him, because of all of you who have posted in here and made your opinions known.

I will not be going to church on Sunday.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
In addition to the run game Bears will run a lot more screens, slants and other high percentage passes as an extension of the run game. Then pick their spots to attack downfield.
Only fear I have is how much this will resemble the John Fox days. I like the idea of running more and getting fields to move, but if the o line is incapable of pass blocking they will just stack the box and make life hard for the bears.

Hopefully fields can carry

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope @whonker isn't hurt after I completely decimated his argument about being a fake HKer. Doesn't seem like he's posted since.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Funny enough HK actually has their own currency which is entirely different than China’s. Food for thought.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
Hope @whonker isn't hurt after I completely decimated his argument about being a fake HKer. Doesn't seem like he's posted since.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back as much as you want. Life will go on for my relatives in Hong Kong and their neighbors. I think what the discussion here really demonstrates is that yes, this is a controversial issue and ultimately even native Hong Kongers will disagree, and it’s not as black and white as you make it seem. I will say my segment of the family are Chinese in race, we speak both mandarin and Cantonese. It’s probably very different from the segment that are primarily English speaking/British nationality. Also, you seem ok calling it a province of China but not a city of China. Just seems entirely semantic to me. I stopped posting bc I angered some people like heHatesme and given I’m relatively new to the forums I don’t want to offend people. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and pat you on the back. I do respect your opinion if you are going to be that technical in your semantics.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Go ahead and pat yourself on the back as much as you want. I think what the discussion here really demonstrates is that yes, this is a controversial issue and ultimately even native Hong Kongers will disagree, and it’s not as black and white as you make it seem. I will say my segment of the family are Chinese in race, we speak both mandarin and Cantonese. It’s probably very different from the segment that are primarily English speaking/British nationality. Also, you seem ok calling it a province of China but not a city of China. Just seems entirely semantic to me.

I was going to let you get away with it on semantics even though it isn't a province but based on language you speak it could be seen as one. It is 10000% NOT a city in China and your fake Hong Kong claims are just proving your ignorance. I would suggest growing up and learning something.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
I was going to let you get away with it on semantics even though it isn't a province but based on language you speak it could be seen as one. It is 10000% NOT a city in China and your fake Hong Kong claims are just proving your ignorance. I would suggest growing up and learning something.

Ok. I will stop there. Am trying to have a respectful discussion but clearly you are attacking me as a person instead of the discussion. I do admit and I’ve said before - I myself am not a native HKer - I was born and raised here, but my dad’s side is from Hong Kong and plenty still live there. And as a physician at a academic institution I will be quite self-satisfied I’m plenty mature and knowledgeable enough, thank you.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. I will stop there. Am trying to have a respectful discussion but clearly you are attacking me as a person instead of the discussion. I do admit and I’ve said before - I myself am not a native HKer - I was born and raised here, but my dad’s side is from Hong Kong and plenty still live there. And as a physician at a academic institution I will be quite self-satisfied I’m plenty mature and knowledgeable enough, thank you.

That sounds great and I wish you well. But based on facts, Hong Kong is still not a city in China.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hong Kong sucks. Just give it to the Chinese already.
What you basing this on? Did you ever been there?
Whom are you quoting?

What does that second sentence mean?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you do sex changes? @greg23

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Came for the discussion on hopefully young book ends for the Bears line, left with a geographical and political education on the global status of Hong Kong. That is an impressive thread derailment

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Came for the discussion on hopefully young book ends for the Bears line, left with a geographical and political education on the global status of Hong Kong. That is an impressive thread derailment
No doubt

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We could all argue about this until the sun comes up. Not taking one side or the other, but the question of whether Hong Kong is a city in China is a hugely volatile political issue. Most places list Hong Kong as being autonomously separate from China, but China would love for you to refer to it as being part of China. It's like asking whether Taiwan is a part of China.

Taiwan and China both claim to be the rightful government of all of China and Taiwan is a country in its own right. Hong Kong is a city and special administrative region of China and there is no dispute that it is a part of China.

So Hong Kong and Taiwan are different from a political aspect. Taiwan is pretty open regarding its claim of being an independent country. Hong Kong is largely concerned with guaranteeing democratic rights but for the most part accepts that it is a part of China.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This means nothing. Did they call more run plays than pass plays? That's the question. When backing out scrambles and sacks, not one single team called more running plays than passing plays.

Moving goalposts a bit. The original statement did not say callled runs vs called passes. It just said no team ran more than it passed. Yall counting hypothetical passess that were never actually realized.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wiki is one of the most unreliable sources on the internet. I easily googled that question and dozens of sources popped up with that same exact answer. I personally don’t care, just letting you know how easy it is to find the correct answer.
Wiki is one of the most unreliable sources on the internet. I easily googled that question and dozens of sources popped up with that same exact answer. I personally don’t care, just letting you know how easy it is to find the correct answer.

The official website of Hong Kong says it is a city.

Hong Kong is a vibrant city, and a major gateway to Mainland China.

This may be confusing but a place can be more than one thing. It is both a city and special administrative region.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe we'll get lucky and a major Earthquake that wipes HK off the map, and then that's one less thing to worry about with China.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Moving goalposts a bit. The original statement did not say callled runs vs called passes. It just said no team ran more than it passed. Yall counting hypothetical passess that were never actually realized.

Lmao

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So should the NFL have a team in Beijing or Hong Kong? Would a Hong Kong team bring on an international incident.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights