Sunday Funday - What's on deck?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since we have this weekend "off", what are your plans for Sunday? Still watching football? Something else?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really nice weather for Chicago in the middle of October this weekend, so getting out of the house sounds great. Thinking of defying Mayor Lightfoot and sneaking down to the lakefront for a nice picnic style lunch with my lady before it's back to winter hibernation.

I have been able to give up restaurants & bars this year, but lakefront picnics were the toughest sacrifice. Please just let me have this one, Tiny Mayor!!!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Haven't decided yet on tomorrow. I'll likely tune in to the noon games for fantasy. Suppose to be 80 tomorrow and my days of nice weather are quickly dwindling. Maybe a little drive to Ledges state park for some hiking and a quick deli lunch in small town Iowa.

Fire up the grill for din din.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thankful the Bears played on Thursday. I have to do my annual obligatory pumpkin patch trip today. Into the Covid crockpot we go..woooeeeeeee

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Really nice weather for Chicago in the middle of October this weekend, so getting out of the house sounds great. Thinking of defying Mayor Lightfoot and sneaking down to the lakefront for a nice picnic style lunch with my lady before it's back to winter hibernation.

I have been able to give up restaurants & bars this year, but lakefront picnics were the toughest sacrifice. Please just let me have this one, Tiny Mayor!!!
Wait. You're not allowed to do that even if you're social distancing?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait. You're not allowed to do that even if you're social distancing?

She straight up closed all of the lakefront trails & parks back in April. Reopened them in July, but with her "keep it moving" restrictions that forbid things like picnics and sunbathing. Seemed a little unfair to target just the lakefront parks, but it's late enough in the season that I doubt there is still anyone out enforcing it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
31687591-769A-421F-B5F9-718382DC1B36.jpeg

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s always a good day when you don’t have a Green Bay game on the schedule.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully tomorrow is just like today- went to the new place to putter, wound up on a roll and got a shit ton of work done.

My goal is to install my shower pipes tomorrow. Should be a good time.
2 thermostatic controllers, 4 on/off valves, 3 shower heads, and 6 jets.
Either gonna be an expert at sweating pipes or frustrated and insane by end of day tomorrow.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hopefully tomorrow is just like today- went to the new place to putter, wound up on a roll and got a shit ton of work done.

My goal is to install my shower pipes tomorrow. Should be a good time.
2 thermostatic controllers, 4 on/off valves, 3 shower heads, and 6 jets.
Either gonna be an expert at sweating pipes or frustrated and insane by end of day tomorrow.
Just make sure everything is sanded and fluxed well and you should have good connections.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just make sure everything is sanded and fluxed well and you should have good connections.

I am putting my money on fucking up at least 1, turning it on, and having it spray wildly.

I gotta recreate this x2 with an additional overhead rainshower.
That is a shit-ton of joints.
at least I know no matter how poorly I do it, it won't look worse than what is there now.20201011_005122.jpg

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am putting my money on fucking up at least 1, turning it on, and having it spray wildly.

I gotta recreate this x2 with an additional overhead rainshower.
That is a shit-ton of joints.
at least I know no matter how poorly I do it, it won't look worse than what is there now.

Kinda looks like some of those studs should be replaced. ?‍♂️

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
We’re taking our 1 year old up to the pumpkin patch in Waukegan. Wear him out so he takes a fat nap in the afternoon and I can day drink in peace.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kinda looks like some of those studs should be replaced. ?‍♂️

They are in decent shape- that front side has some weird adhesive that they used to hold the old backer board up for whatever reason... those aren't gouges.
Peels off quickly and cleanly.
Have no idea why they used it.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We’re taking our 1 year old up to the pumpkin patch in Waukegan. Wear him out so he takes a fat nap in the afternoon and I can day drink in peace.

I don't have kids, but I still check out pumpkin patches every year.
I always do the same thing- buy a bag of apple cider donuts, a jug of apple cider, tell myself to moderate my intake, ignore myself, eat and drink like a pig, then feel like I am going to die of apple overdose.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since we have this weekend "off", what are your plans for Sunday? Still watching football? Something else?

Finishing my walking stick for my Gold Star Mom and starting another one for a survivor of Nazi Germany. Going to make my friend Leo a nice cane.