Sunday just got harder

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Didn't say he wasn't important to the team as currently constructed. Just said his season has been underwhelming. Is it not fair to have expected more than 754 yards coming into this season? He doesn't have No 1 WR numbers. It is what it is. Going forward, I would hope he could produce more.

11-4 bout to 12-4 NFC NORTH CHAMPS PLAYOFFS! SO...Who really fuckin care that the man only had 754 yards this season!? Anywho...BEAR DOWN!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crap! I hate it when Nagy draws names out of a hat.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They mentioned during the broadcast that ARob bruised his ribs, but came back. I would guess that’s the sort of injury that feels worse a few days later.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't say he wasn't important to the team as currently constructed. Just said his season has been underwhelming. Is it not fair to have expected more than 754 yards coming into this season? He doesn't have No 1 WR numbers. It is what it is. Going forward, I would hope he could produce more.

Because how the offense ran this year I don't think it was underwhelming at all. He was 33rd in yards receiving per game for the NFL which isn't great, but a good fit for what we do...If we want a more tradition #1 receiver stat, then we could try and force the ball to him more and take Cohen out of the equation as a consistent weapon.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed which is why I said hopefully he picks it up in postseason and perhaps next year after being another year from the ACL injury, he will be more productive.

as long as Mitchell doesn't get him killed out there with errant throws, I expect bigger things from ARob47

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I don't mind AR's production. It wasn't because he sucked. He beat man, had 1 drop the entire year and made several difficult catches.

He got less targets because Cohen was a matchup nightmare. Burton was effective, Gabriel was better than just a #4 and Miller was good enough to garner touches.

I expect us to throw for more yardage next year and have more production to spread around and you'll see him closer to 75-1000. But I don't think he'll ever be a 100 catch WR in this offense because we don't feature one guy.

The one thing that I think is valid is that we probably don't need to overspend on a WR. And I think Miller is good enough that he'll eventually be a bigger part of the offense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

While 754 yards is underwhelming he’s will have missed 3 games due to injury. He’s been very effective when out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
11-4 bout to 12-4 NFC NORTH CHAMPS PLAYOFFS! SO...Who really fuckin care that the man only had 754 yards this season!? Anywho...BEAR DOWN!

If you don't care then not sure why you bothered to respond. I made an observation. It is not the end of the world but personally his numbers are underwhelming.

Because how the offense ran this year I don't think it was underwhelming at all. He was 33rd in yards receiving per game for the NFL which isn't great, but a good fit for what we do...If we want a more tradition #1 receiver stat, then we could try and force the ball to him more and take Cohen out of the equation as a consistent weapon.

True No 1 WRs get open enough that the ball comes to them naturally so nothing to do with forcing the ball. Like I said hopefully he will be more productive next year but no need to pretend.

While 754 yards is underwhelming he’s will have missed 3 games due to injury. He’s been very effective when out there.

If you project his numbers out to 16 games, he still doesn't crack 1,000 yards. He is at this point more of a No 2 WR which No 2 WR are still effective.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Those guys are doubtful to start.

Hopefully Harrison Smith is doubtful to finish.

I seriously want one of the OL to smack Harrison Smith in the face. He cost us a first round bye. Dirty SOB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If you don't care then not sure why you bothered to respond. I made an observation. It is not the end of the world but personally his numbers are underwhelming.

True No 1 WRs get open enough that the ball comes to them naturally so nothing to do with forcing the ball. Like I said hopefully he will be more productive next year but no need to pretend.

If you project his numbers out to 16 games, he still doesn't crack 1,000 yards. He is at this point more of a No 2 WR which No 2 WR are still effective.

Agreed. Like I said his numbers are underwhelming but he was still effective. I expected a true #1 WR. Hopefully next season his numbers go up as his knee should be a complete non issue

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I caught a lot of grief for pointing out an article I read that a grade 3 ACL tear typically will make great players average and average players outta the league.

ARob peaked at 14,000 yards and now he's a 700 yard guy. 14TDs to 4TDs....

Before anyone has a cow, I'm not saying he's not important, but like other posters noted - he didn't play up to the contract.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I seriously want one of the OL to smack Harrison Smith in the face. He cost us a first round bye. Dirty SOB.

Wait, did Smith tell Nagy to sit Trubs against the Giants? I think the best revenge would be beating them and knocking them out of the playoffs.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I caught a lot of grief for pointing out an article I read that a grade 3 ACL tear typically will make great players average and average players outta the league.

ARob peaked at 14,000 yards and now he's a 700 yard guy. 14TDs to 4TDs....

Before anyone has a cow, I'm not saying he's not important, but like other posters noted - he didn't play up to the contract.

He was the focal point in Jax. The ball gets spread around here.

His numbers have nothing to do with his previous injury. Oh, by the way..you lost the bet. As predicted.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'm pleasantly surprised that Eddie Jackson is doubtful and not already ruled out.

Hi everybody

Liked Posts:
AR has filled his role in this offense beautifully. Sure, his numbers could be more eye raising but I think we all knew the ball was going to be spread around and so you could have argued the value of his contract from day one.

But he has held down the WR1 spot and gets respected by defenses as that no. 1 guy - that's important. He's also been the consummate professional and thankfully we don't have to deal with a diva type. In many regards it has been money well spent. That said, I do expect bigger numbers from him next year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the focal point in Jax. The ball gets spread around here.

His numbers have nothing to do with his previous injury. Oh, by the way..you lost the bet. As predicted.

You're right! I lost. Congratulations on your called it!

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
We need Allen Robinson, I don't know if we can win without him.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
AR has filled his role in this offense beautifully. Sure, his numbers could be more eye raising but I think we all knew the ball was going to be spread around and so you could have argued the value of his contract from day one.

But he has held down the WR1 spot and gets respected by defenses as that no. 1 guy - that's important. He's also been the consummate professional and thankfully we don't have to deal with a diva type. In many regards it has been money well spent. That said, I do expect bigger numbers from him next year.

Very true, it's all about the respect the D gives and them having to use their best assets to cover and help on him. And he needs more targets, should be getting 8-10 a game and he's probably averaging about 6-7, I expect to see Mitch and Allen continue to get better with time. I prefer Robinson over Jeffery,personally.