Sunshine, Rainbows, and Diversity Hires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't pay attention to these sorts of things enough to notice, but my point remains; if we set a goal we have to have a metric by which to measure progress or else we'll never know when we've arrived at the goal. Maybe keeping it vague and open-ended is the point. What I do notice is that pushes toward diversity have a way of punishing people who've committed no wrongs. There is a push to disenfranchise Asians in higher education because some people feel they are over-represented. There was a similar push in the Soviet Union to disenfranchise Jews from universities because some people felt they were overrepresented. I don't necessarily believe that a group being overrepresented in one field or another is de facto evidence that an injustice has occurred to some other group, nor do I believe that pushes toward 'diversity, equity and inclusion' are necessarily well-intentioned or result in just outcomes. They can, but it's a difficult line to straddle, and leaving the goal vague and open-ended is a bad sign.
...you're veering off from the NFL so I'm not going any further.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
If you are friends of the Moderators then you can do anything. Others are banned

Well maybe they'll give us some leeway to talk about a NFL/Bears policy. There's nothing political about this topic and it is relevant to what the league/franchise is doing...but the word 'political' is often loosely interpreted.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Man, this is a normal interview process for an HR/ Diversity person to be involved in the Interview process. Especially, in the NFL after the Jon Gruden shit. May the best person win the job!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Diverse in this context means anything but a non-white male.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what is the NFL aiming for here, representation that reflects the demographics of the general U.S. population? Should half of all coaches and execs be women just because half of all people in the U.S. are women?

They are aiming for them to be interviewed. They do not force anyone to be hired. I mean this is already clearly stated.

You obviously have an agenda and are pretending this is more complicated than it is. The rules are designed to ensure minorities are at least getting development opportunities and interviews. From there may the besr man or woman be hired.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
They are aiming for them to be interviewed. They do not force anyone to be hired. I mean this is already clearly stated.

They're not satisfied with interviews that go nowhere, they want minority hires. My question is simply what kind of representation they're aiming for. How do we know when we get to wherever it is they want us to be? There has to be some sort of stated metric to refer to.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're not satisfied with interviews that go nowhere, they want minority hires. My question is simply what kind of representation they're aiming for. How do we know when we get to wherever it is they want us to be? There has to be some sort of stated metric to refer to.
are you autistic ?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
A stated metric would be a quota. Quotas are illegal. They don't need a stated metric, just signs showing things are going in the right direction. Whether that's 5 minority coaches or 25, the goal is a constant influx of black coaches/executives being represented.

I do think this will start to change naturally though. I mean, not that long ago there were very few black QBs because old white men didn't know what to do with mobility. The NFL loves young offensive coordinators, especially if they were former QBs. When you start to have more former QBs who are not white, then you will naturally have more black coaches and executives.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
A stated metric would be a quota. Quotas are illegal. They don't need a stated metric, just signs showing things are going in the right direction. Whether that's 5 minority coaches or 25, the goal is a constant influx of black coaches/executives being represented.

I do think this will start to change naturally though. I mean, not that long ago there were very few black QBs because old white men didn't know what to do with mobility. The NFL loves young offensive coordinators, especially if they were former QBs. When you start to have more former QBs who are not white, then you will naturally have more black coaches and executives.
you guys with your victimhood mindset, lord have mercy. Since 70+% of players are black males, should we institute a quota and whine about it, so we can have players of other ethnicities as well? Or is this only a one way street for perpetual victims of everything?

Bolek

Liked Posts:
White guys triggered by the word "diversity". A pastime as old as time.
you sound A LOT like one of the people who love diversity, with the exception of diversity of thought. Are you?

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
Well maybe they'll give us some leeway to talk about a NFL/Bears policy. There's nothing political about this topic and it is relevant to what the league/franchise is doing...but the word 'political' is often loosely interpreted.
It is indeed political...elsewise it would not exist!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
you guys with your victimhood mindset, lord have mercy. Since 70+% of players are black males, should we institute a quota and whine about it, so we can have players of other ethnicities as well? Or is this only a one way street for perpetual victims of everything?
@ThatGuyRyan no, I found the autistic one

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
you sound A LOT like one of the people who love diversity, with the exception of diversity of thought. Are you?
What the everloving fuck are you talking about?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I have three degrees and I passed the illinois bar. How about you?
That has nothing to do with being autistic, thanks for the background on your education, and my condolences for living in Illinois.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Zion sure is upset about minorities

Status
Not open for further replies.