Supposedly the recent Fields trade rumors came from Flores

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Of course, this is all pure speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Brian Flores was one of the guys the Bears talked to that didn't like Justin Fields. He doesn't want to be in charge of developing a young quarterback, which is why he has no business being in charge of the Bears.

I bet the whole "Bears brass enamoured with Flores during Dolphins cross practice" came from Flores' camp as well - its come out that George and Ted weren't even on the field watching those days, which directly contradicts the report.

More and more, it feels like Flores is a real basket case...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Flores obsession with Watson is beyond weird. I want no part of this psycho as the Bears HC.

2. If ownership is dumb enough to sign off on trading a talent like Fields away after trading up for him last year based off a handful of games under Nagy's pathetic excuse for a 'system' I'm done as a Bears fan.
It is if you believe all the rumors. Gotta believe many or even most have been BS.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I had no interest in Flores but hearing this even less so. If this is true there is no way you can hire him as hc and if you do you have to trade JF. If true he has already established he doesnt believe in JF being his guy. Thats a terrible place to start the most important relationship in football.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is strange, but also to some degree is kind of smart. He knows that his success as a HC is most largely tied to having a top tier QB.

Yeah no shit, but his supposed obsession with Watson is still dumb. The guy hasn't played football in a year and comes with tons of baggage that's not even close to being resolved.. What guarantee do you have that he even plays next year? Last I heard his shit is going to the Grand Jury. The juice simply doesn't seem worth the squeeze to me.

Additionally, why the fuck would you want to have to deal with all that drama and bullshit when you just traded up for someone that's younger, bigger, faster, with just as much raw talent, absolutely no baggage, and has great morals/character that you don't have to worry about unlike Watson where you'd constantly be living in fear of another accuser coming out of the woodwork? It literally makes no sense whatsoever which is why I could totally see the Bears ownership being dumb enough to get talked into it by some GM/HC they're interviewing... ?‍♂️

As far as I'm concerned, if I was running the interviews any HC candidate that tells me they can only win "with his guy at QB" is clearly a fraud like Nagy that sucks at the coaching part of his job and I want nothing to do with.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I had no interest in Flores but hearing this even less so. If this is true there is no way you can hire him as hc and if you do you have to trade JF. If true he has already established he doesnt believe in JF being his guy. Thats a terrible place to start the most important relationship in football.
It's not true. That fat fuck @Mighty Joe Young shared a tweet of a random ass person's opinion of what could have happened. Nobody would do that in an interview

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read an article yesterday that said more than one GM interviewed by the Bears is not comfortable with Fields and would look for an alternate quarterback plan. I am not going to agree or disagree with that opinion. However, I find it very hard to believe that if this did happen it would have leaked out, at least so quickly.

If Adam Shefter says it, it's probably true. Most of the other sources except Rapoport just seem to improvise.
Link it

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of skullduggery afoot!!:smug2:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Is this an example of this guys "source"? I mean, 2/5 is pretty good in baseball but sounds like he just makes educated guesses. " Pace likely gone but could stay". Ah. "Matt Nagy will be fired after the season". He also claimed Harbaugh was considering leaving Michigan, which would mean he has a " source" in both the Bears organization and Michigan/Harbaugh's camp?

Feels like bs. How are the Bears warming to Frazier when they haven't even interviewed him yet?

IF it's true that Flores wants Watson that's an obvious deal breaker. The fact that he would be that adamant about getting a guy with the amount of uncertainty around him is crazy. Which also makes me think it's bullshit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
george-mccaskey-ted-phillips.jpg

Can you imagine it now? LOL
no.....they really don't do that

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It is possible that Ownership is not happy with Fields development, but not from Fields side of things, more from Nagy and the coaches not developing him. I think ownership is ecstatic about Fields and the story out there about how George was emotionally moved when Fields got his standing ovation/roar of the crowd early in preseason.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

There are some other tweets out there that I didn't copy here but supposedly when Flores interviewed with the Bears, he pitched trading Justin Fields for deshaun Watson.

And Flores is determined to have DeShaun Watson wherever he goes. So wherever he lands, he wants to trade for watson. That's his guy and his mind....

Take that for whatever it's worth, and definitely with a grain of salt.
If that’s true, fuck him.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Highly doubt that. Why would the coach be brining up trade scenarios in an interview? Especially since the bears are clearly committed to Fields and want to give him at least another year before talking about trading him....especially when its for a guy who's facing a bunch of sexual harassments lawsuits and has been benched for a whole year?

Tis the season of shitty rumors I guess.

Yea ppl are crazy with this shit. Anything to "give em somthin' to talk about".

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I read an article yesterday that said more than one GM interviewed by the Bears is not comfortable with Fields and would look for an alternate quarterback plan. I am not going to agree or disagree with that opinion. However, I find it very hard to believe that if this did happen it would have leaked out, at least so quickly.

If Adam Shefter says it, it's probably true. Most of the other sources except Rapoport just seem to improvise.
Probably a rival GM, who cares? If true, I think we can be sure it's no one that has the Bears best interests at heart...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1. Flores obsession with Watson is beyond weird. I want no part of this psycho as the Bears HC.

2. If ownership is dumb enough to sign off on trading a talent like Fields away after trading up for him last year based off a handful of games under Nagy's pathetic excuse for a 'system' I'm done as a Bears fan.
Remember, George is "just a fan."