Supposedly the recent Fields trade rumors came from Flores

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's funny how some people are totally cool with assuming that Watson's case will actually get resolved in time for him to play next year, with no additional NFL suspension, and that he'll just waltz onto the field after not playing for over a year with absolutely no drop off in performance or production and still be a "top QB"... but then scoff at anyone that makes any assumptions about Fields's future...

Bottom line is there's no guarantee on Watson's timetable or if he'll still the same player he was before, just as there's no guarantee with Fields's future. Either way you're working off assumptions. Raw talent wise it's a wash so all things considered I'd rather stay the course with the younger, bigger, faster version with zero baggage that's still on a rookie contract and doesn't have 22 women accusing him of being a fucking creep. ?‍♂️

If you would rather take your chances with the older, smaller, slower guy that will have been out of football for a year+ and brings along a PR nightmare knock yourself out, I just think it's a dumb move. So dumb in fact I'd straight up quit being a Bears fan if it happened. I've put up with a lot of dumb Bears shit in my lifetime as a Bears fan but this would be the straw the broke the camels back.

Yeah no shit winning matters, good stuff. I think there's a quite the spectrum between Moss and his weed smoking and Watson grabbing masseuses by the pussy like he's Trump but that's just me. I was all for the Bears drafting Moss in 1998 and was beyond pissed when they didn't.

Look, I'm not arguing that they should build a team of choir boys holding prayer circles in the locker room like Trestman or anything but I don't think you need a team full of scumbags to win either.

I just don't think Watson's is worth the baggage when you already have a potential franchise QB on the team that simply needs a non-Special person person to coach the team.

Chicago and Jax drafted the 2 most physically talented QBs to come out in ages. They were 1A-1B their entire high school and college careers and both went to toxic franchises run by shit-tier coaches. If Jax and Chicago hire competent coaches I'd bet my left nut both of those players turn into top performers at their positions again.

The only people that are down on the Jax and Chicago jobs are instant-gratification meatballs that only care about stats and refuse to look at either situation with any nuance.
I don't get why you make it so personal, neither you or I are making these decisions. I didn't say I support Watson or Flores or any of that shit. I'm just capable of taking an objective view on how Flores might view the situation. Not every owner/coach/GM has the same view for building a winning team.

*walks away slowly with hands in the air*

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read this but think everyone on this board thinks that guy is an idiot.

I basically said that I only pay attention to Shefter and Rapoport. I only saw that article because it popped up on my phone because that's what smartphones do. I have no idea which one of these guys are good or bad, don't even know who they are.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I don't get why you make it so personal, neither you or I are making these decisions. I didn't say I support Watson or Flores or any of that shit. I'm just capable of taking an objective view on how Flores might view the situation. Not every owner/coach/GM has the same view for building a winning team.

You really think Flores is that stupid? That he would pin his chances of being a head coach entirely on a player who's future is completely up in the air?

No way. I read a report a week ago that Flores loved Fields. All of it is bullshit. Just a bunch of internet nonsense created to drive traffic to their blogs.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I really hope the Bears hire Flores and Fields drops 400 and 4td on the dolphins next year for this smear campaign.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get why you make it so personal, neither you or I are making these decisions.

I don't think I'm making or taking anything personal honestly. I don't care if you actually hold the same opinions as Flores or not, I think the rationale supporting his supposed opinion is dumb no matter who it's coming from.

Maybe don't cape for Special person ideas if you have thin skin? ?‍♂️ Just putting that out there...

I didn't say I support Watson or Flores or any of that shit. I'm just capable of taking an objective view on how Flores might view the situation.

Cool.

Not every owner/coach/GM has the same view for building a winning team.

Like I said, any GM or HC that comes with the mindset that they can only win with "their" hand picked QB is a fraud coach that I have no interest in seeing run this team. It's a complete bullshit cop out excuse.

bye-tombstone.gif

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen some crazy ass rumors before but this is LOfuckingL

bears wljls never allow a move like this. I would leave a move like that up to the gm and not tie their hands back. But we know the bears and this wouldn’t fly lol

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If true, at least people are being honest about Fields. I really doubt the Bears can reset the QB spot now with all the other holes. Just find the best of the people who claim they can have success with Fields and hope for the best.

Don't fall for a douche like Nagy again, who said one thing, but really felt another way.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Never really understood why people wanted us to hire him in the first place.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
So the source of this rumor is some random guy who is the host of a podcast about reality tv shows. He's not even in the sports industry, and he is a "Diehard Chicagoan/Chicago fan since birth" (from his Twitter bio). So yeah, obviously BS.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Trading Fields for Watson eliminates a hell of a lot of risk. It doesn't increase it.
Yeah, the risk of him getting injured during the game because Watson is going to be suspender or is going to do some time. The same goes for any other risks.

The risk of having to give Fields a huge contract in a few years because Watson is going to want the huge contract right away and that is with him already having a huge contract from a few years ago and the Bears not having money to pay Watson either way.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He has plenty of experience at firing OC's, I think 4 in 4 years, doesn't have a clue about the offense.

To be clear he only fired one of his ocs. Gailey retired and last year they had co-coordinators.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
So the source of this rumor is some random guy who is the host of a podcast about reality tv shows. He's not even in the sports industry, and he is a "Diehard Chicagoan/Chicago fan since birth" (from his Twitter bio). So yeah, obviously BS.

No no! He's got a source! He proved it by saying Pace might get fired, but also he might not get fired!

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Let Flores go somewhere and prove himself again if he wants another HC job. By the sounds of it, it was less about football and more about his attitude towards management and his own players. Luckily for him that should be easier to correct than lacking in football knowledge and coaching. Best of luck to him, but I hope to not see him on the Bears sidelines next season.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
FIELDS FOR A RAPISTS?
original.gif