CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So we’ve had discussions about having some contact hitters in the lineup and the playoff results are backing up the issue we see with the current version of the Cubs.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hasn't the team that hit more home run in thr game won every game in the playoffs thus far?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well, if you actually hit the ball, I’m guessing there is a higher likelihood of hitting a HR than if you don’t hit the ball. No?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Bad news is the current squad was built around k's and hr's. I've never liked that and have made it known for a long while that high k rate players always worry me. On the plus side, the cubs have drafted a lot of contact oriented players in recent years who will be coming up soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The flip side of this is the shift.

You really want hitters who can spray the ball so teams can't zone them as easy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs somehow have to get themselves a Freeman. Power and contact.

Rizzo is that when he is right. He went from a 15% K rate to 37%>. That has never happened before.

There is a reason why I have been saying that they need to change the hitting coach.

When it is 1 guy it is his issue. When it is the team it is a coaching issue.

Hey I get it. These guys are video/metric babies. They are coached by a guy that never made it to the majors...

Just saying.

I just see it as Joe was the guy that the hitters respected and went to last year. With out him they floundered with out a person who has the experience with out video driven methods to adjust in game.

So with all things considered getting a ex-player (Manny) who has worked with them in the past (Manny) who has played in a age previous to this current age of video (Manny) and was more than a minor league scrub then ended up in the Northern league in his prime...