Take your pick of Coaches

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
My list is still:

1. Harbaugh
2. Roman
3. McDaniels
4. Doug Pederson

I could easily be talked into McDaniels as the #2 guy, because the more I listen to him, the more I like what I hear. I love his approach to fitting his scheme to his players and not the other way around. He is the antithesis of Matt Nagy in that regard.

Roman has always been a favorite of mine because of his track record of success with every team he's been attached to at the NFL level. He had good runs in SF, BUF, and BAL. The only unknown is whether or not he's a leader of men. I know the minute I hire him, though, my offense is going to look better.

Doug Pederson is #4 for me, but he would be another guy with a proven track record of success. I mean the guy won a Superbowl. What more does he have to prove?

Very little interest in most of the rest of that group.

Last edited:

Yogi

Liked Posts:
because he is a true offensive genius who has had a lot of time to grow from Denver.

He backed out of working with Andrew Luck and the Colts just three seasons ago. He was handed the keys to what could have been a Sean Payton+Drew Brees-like dynasty and said no (after initially saying yes and putting a lot of other people that were involved in very bad spots). He's shown multiple times to have bad judgement when venturing out from under Belichick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Toub would be the best HC out of all names being mentioned. He’ll hold people accountable and no more club dub. Question remains if he can have strong coordinators.
He probably has as many connections in the NFL as other top coaching candidates and many more than the young ones.

About the only candidate who would have better coordinators would be Harbaugh. Chances are high that he is using the current NFL coach hiring cycle to get a huge raise at Michigan so no need to worry about him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
because he is a true offensive genius who has had a lot of time to grow from Denver.
Because he has had the time to grow does not mean that he actually grew.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

The problem is he'd be hired to be a Head Coach, not an offensive coordinator. He was a disaster as a head coach. An absolute disaster. And assuming he has learned or grown or whatever is based on nothing considering he was hired to be a head coach 4 years ago and changed his mind. He should never be offered another head coaching job.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The only person I'd be upset with is Frazier so that's probably who they will hire.

With family in Buffalo and watching them, I would add Daboll to my list of no-go's. He is wildly inconsistent to the deteriment of his own offense.

He might learn but he has super high potential to be another decent OC that fails at HC. (Bills fans would snicker at even "decent" but he does have decent results overall)

Put it this way: If Daboll was removed and someone like whoever is the Eagles playcaller with their commitment to the run and PA and designed runs off apparent passing plays, BUF would be heavy favorites for winning the AFC. And most Bills fans know this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh + Fangio + Roman

McDaniels and co

or surprise me with a typical who the fuck why the fuck Bears hire for more in the 4-6 million range like we usually do.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Daboll & Frazier are the only ones reported for interview right now, and are the only two I 100% do not want from that list.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He backed out of working with Andrew Luck and the Colts just three seasons ago. He was handed the keys to what could have been a Sean Payton+Drew Brees-like dynasty and said no (after initially saying yes and putting a lot of other people that were involved in very bad spots). He's shown multiple times to have bad judgement when venturing out from under Belichick.
Yes and the Colts went ahead and honored the contract offers of some assistants made by Josh. Sorry not interested. Some of those assistants are still there. I think Eberfuss the DC is one of them.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
So many coach and GM candidates to be interviewed that it's starting to feel like a hiring fair.

"Attention all available coaches, assistant coaches, assistant to the assistants, out of work former coaches, scouts and any other candidates we haven't yet thought of: We, the Chicago Bears, are holding a hiring fair over the next few weeks. We have numerous openings for all shifts. Competitive pay and benefits (except Olin Kreutz, whose offer stands firm at $15 an hour with no benefits). Myself (George) and Ted will be on hand to offer on the spot hiring! Heck, we may even have some of your old favorites from years ago pop in just to say hi! We look forward to hearing your ideas on being just good enough to give the fans hope, but not good enough that they will begin having expectations."