Talk Radio This Morning

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you want to preemptively get rid of fields because you decided all by yourself that that Nagy has already ruined him beyond hope? You don't even want to give the kid a chance to grow under a real coaching staff?

Are you mentally challenged? I never said anything you are rambling on about.

Please read slowly and respond to what I actually said.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure people are refuting this. I think most people just think it’s ok for Fields, the rookie, to have a bad game. It’s not ok for Nagy a fourth year head coach to do what he does though
Mmm…. There’s definitely a “leave Justin alone!” crowd here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Romo showed one sack replay during the game and the answer was nope.

Should have watched the game
I was at the game right behind Bears bench. Some were on the OL and some were on Fields being slow to react.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't better prepare a QB to eat a pile of shit. It's still a pile of shit. There is NO PREPARING a QB for a bad OFF scheme, a bad OL, and playcalling that does not lean toward his strengths.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because a month ago the media was up in arms that Fields wasn’t starting. Acting like he’s ready and will step in and prove himself. He’s clearly not. But just like CCS these talking heads on TV are human. So they’ll do anything they can to cover up the fact that they were wrong. And since they claimed Justin was ready they need a scapegoat to deflect from his bad play.
That's a false narrative. Most people said that Fields needs the experience. Most people said there will be ups and downs, but the only way for a QB to learn, is by playing live games.

Nagy isn't a scapegoat. Nagy is Marc Trestman without an offense.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
That's a false narrative. Most people said that Fields needs the experience. Most people said there will be ups and downs, but the only way for a QB to learn, is by playing live games.

Nagy isn't a scapegoat. Nagy is Marc Trestman without an offense.

Bullshit. Most people thought he was ready. The narrative wasn’t “let’s get him some experience.“ it was “he’s ready.” “Why is the idiot Nagy playing Dalton instead of this electric rookie?” That’s what was being said all over tv and on here. You can come up with whatever revisionist history you want, but that was the popular opinion.

and yeah, out of the thousands of people on tv and posters here im sure you can find the occasional person who had the thought process you presented. I’m one of them. That wasn’t the prevailing opinion though. The prevailing opinion was that Fields is a dynamic rookie who should be out there and is ready.

ImSure

Liked Posts:
Nagy has a system!?!?!
Amazon.com: Chutes and Ladders Game: Retro Series 1978 Edition : Hasbro:  Toys & Games

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The only caveat is that Fields gets a bit of a pass for being a rookie. None of the rookie QB's are lighting up the league. Lawrence was suppose to be the next coming of Payton Manning or Andrew Luck. He hasn't looked particularly good either. Yea, Jones had a decent game Sunday but that's about it.

Nagy on the other hand...
Peyton through 28 picks his first season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you mentally challenged? I never said anything you are rambling on about.

Please read slowly and respond to what I actually said.

Oh, I've been reading - and like I've said about others - there are people who only say they want fields to succeed as a shield so they can shit all over him, and don't actually mean it.

So yeah - I am saying you are coming off as one of those and totally disingenuous.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
damn, it took years for some of you meatballs to get a idea of how shit works? of course it's the fucking coaches. We watched it happen to Trubisky because Nagy has no coach in himself, he cant fucking develop anyone.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Mmm…. There’s definitely a “leave Justin alone!” crowd here.
Yea that’s what I’m saying though. You can say just leave Justin alone and think he (appropriately) has played poorly. At least that’s the camp I’m in. He’s playing like shit bit also admittedly not many qb’s would thrive in this shit environment

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, I've been reading - and like I've said about others - there are people who only say they want fields to succeed as a shield so they can shit all over him, and don't actually mean it.

So yeah - I am saying you are coming off as one of those and totally disingenuous.

No you haven't. You are caught up in this emo defense of Fields.

No one gives a shit whether you or I believe in him or not. The only thing that matters are the results and he is failing to consistently do the things that are within his control. You guys take any criticism of Fields as some indictment on his future which reveals more about your own insecurities than anything else. You are so deathly afraid of another Bears QB failing that you react to any criticism of him as if you walked in on your wife being fucked by 5 BBCs.

Fields is a grown man. Stop treating him like your little child that needs protecting.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wonder how many of those the ball should have already been out. Will have to check the tape to see if he missed open WRs again.
Did you really not see how little time he had? wow

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Because a month ago the media was up in arms that Fields wasn’t starting. Acting like he’s ready and will step in and prove himself. He’s clearly not. But just like CCS these talking heads on TV are human. So they’ll do anything they can to cover up the fact that they were wrong. And since they claimed Justin was ready they need a scapegoat to deflect from his bad play.
Kind of like the people that used Mitch...er....Daniel....er Foles...er Dalton....er Fields to scapegoat what a shitty coach Nagy is?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He has time on some plays and no time on others. He gets pressured 38% of the time.

His passer rating when kept clean ie 62% of the time is 2nd to last of qualifying QBs ahead of only Wilson and Mills.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you have a weak OL and a mobile QB you can find a game plan for that:
  1. Roll him out
  2. Quick slants and digs
  3. No 5- or 7-step dropbacks
  4. Fewer deep balls, unless the line can hold
  5. Which means the hot routes need to be learned on blitzes / deep balls
  6. Delayed draw or designed QB runs
  7. Options
  8. Sweeps
  9. Screens
I'm not a coach but I just looked this stuff up. Are we doing this? Not really.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
They brought up a stat that Big Ben is the fastest QB in the league at getting the ball out, at 2.3 seconds.

On Fields two fumbles, he was hit at 1.8 seconds and 2.04 seconds.

Remy is basically shitting on Fields cause, as a rookie, he's not faster than THE FASTEST GUY IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

At this point I just see Remy as a troll. He clearly has an agenda, and that's to find and point out everything to shit on Fields he can.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Well, either Fields is ignoring excellent coaching

or

He is getting shitty coaching

My vote goes to the latter

This. No one knows for sure, so the former is possibly true. The latter is demonstrably true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They brought up a stat that Big Ben is the fastest QB in the league at getting the ball out, at 2.3 seconds.

On Fields two fumbles, he was hit at 1.8 seconds and 2.04 seconds.

Remy is basically shitting on Fields cause, as a rookie, he's not faster than THE FASTEST GUY IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE.

At this point I just see Remy as a troll. He clearly has an agenda, and that's to find and point out everything to shit on Fields he can.

SMH. That is an average which means there are plays where the ball is out faster than 2.3 and plays where it is out longer than 2.3.

I also did not claim he had time. I said I would have to check the tape.

The fact is Fields is 3rd to last in the NFL in passer rating in a clean pocket which he has had 62% of the time. He has problems beyond pressure.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If you have a weak OL and a mobile QB you can find a game plan for that:
  1. Roll him out
  2. Quick slants and digs
  3. No 5- or 7-step dropbacks
  4. Fewer deep balls, unless the line can hold
  5. Which means the hot routes need to be learned on blitzes / deep balls
  6. Delayed draw or designed QB runs
  7. Options
  8. Sweeps
  9. Screens
I'm not a coach but I just looked this stuff up. Are we doing this? Not really.

This. Add in:

10. under center snaps tightening the timing and rhythm of the plays

11. PA passing including rollouts for deeper routes or quick hits on slants in the middle or corners to the outside or curl/corner read by the WR to help the kid learn man vs. zone;... just combo them running out of bunch formations

So many options. But it would take an offensive genius. It is asking a bit much here.