Talk Radio This Morning

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This. No one knows for sure, so the former is possibly true. The latter is demonstrably true.

No this is not binary. Just because you get coaching doesnt mean you will be able to execute on that coaching. Not because you are ignoring it but because you have not developed the skills or abilities to process it yet.

Fields has always been slow to throw even when coached by one of the best in college ie Ryan Day. That was always something he would have to improve on in the NFL.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Mmm…. There’s definitely a “leave Justin alone!” crowd here.

Likely true ...

there's also definitely a "Yeah yeah Nagy sucks but I'm going to get ahead on the 'Justin sucks' train so if he busts, I can claim I was always there from day one" crowd here.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No this is not binary. Just because you get coaching doesnt mean you will be abke to execute on that coaching. Not because you are ignoring it but because you have developed the skills or abilities to process it yet.

Fields has always been slow to throw even when coached by one of the best in college ie Ryan Day. That was always something he would have to improve on in the NFL.

I didn't say it was binary. In fact, I implied the opposite.

It is demonstrably true Nagy sucks at coaching. It is not demonstrably true that Fields is being coached to read and time throws. It actually looks like he is confused a lot of the time. That he is ignoring proper coaching is possibly true; that Nagy sucks at coaching QBs is demonstrably and historically true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't say it was binary. In fact, I implied the opposite.

It is demonstrably true Nagy sucks at coaching. It is not demonstrably true that Fields is being coached to read and time throws. It actually looks like he is confused a lot of the time. That he is ignoring proper coaching is possibly true; that Nagy sucks at coaching QBs is demonstrably and historically true.

You said This which suggests there are only two options as AB set it up as an Either or. I am saying the two scenarios AB set up are not the only 2 options.

1. He could be ignoring good coaching.

2. He could be getting bad coaching.

3. He could be getting good coaching ut simply needs time to develop the skills to execute on tbat coaching.

4. He could be getting good coachimg but simply not possess the ability to execute.

And there could be others. The point is it is foolish to say Either it is this or that as AB suggested. Life is more complex than that.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You said This which suggests there are only two options

But was literally not what I meant and I clarified. Nagy sucks at coaching QBs overall and in all aspects. Fact. Proven.

Nagy could be properly coaching timing and when to throw per the play or throw away and when to run and Fields could be ignoring it.

It was never binary. That's you inserting a meaning in that that was not intended for some reason.

You don't have to fight me to talk with me, brother. I'm here. :)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But was literally not what I meant and I clarified. Nagy sucks at coaching QBs overall and in all aspects. Fact. Proven.

Nagy could be properly coaching timing and when to throw per the play or throw away and when to run and Fields could be ignoring it.

It was never binary. That's you inserting a meaning in that that was not intended for some reason.

You don't have to fight me to talk with me, brother. I'm here. :)
Think you are missing my point.

Well, either Fields is ignoring excellent coaching

or

He is getting shitty coaching

My vote goes to the latter

The above is by definition binary as it is an either or and has only 2 options
This. No one knows for sure, so the former is possibly true. The latter is demonstrably true.
Thus when you responded with the above, it gives the impression that you are agreeing with AB that only 2 options exist. I know now that is not what you meant but just telling you that is how it read since you appeared to cosign the binary premise that AB set up. The point is there are any number of scenarios that could fit this situation which I believe you agree with so the initial premise by AB is flawed. I don't dispute that one of the more likely premises is that Nagy sucks ass coaching but only time will tell if that is correct or if for example Fields just naturally takes too long to process information and can only improve so much.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Think you are missing my point.

The above is by definition binary as it is an either or and has only 2 options

Thus when you responded with the above, it gives the impression that you are agreeing with AB that only 2 options exist. I know now that is not what you meant but just telling you that is how it read since you appeared to cosign the binary premise that AB set up. The point is there are any number of scenarios that could fit this situation which I believe you agree with so the initial premise by AB is flawed. I don't dispute that one of the more likely premises is that Nagy sucks ass coaching but only time will tell if that is correct or if for example Fields just naturally takes too long to process information and can only improve so much.

I get your first confusion. After my clarification is where I think you were fighting me just because you don't know how to tell me you miss me and think of me often.

Me too, remy. Me too. :)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get your first confusion. After my clarification is where I think you were fighting me just because you don't know how to tell me you miss me and think of me often.

Me too, remy. Me too. :)
Wasn't fighting you. Your clarification did not seem to acknowledge the fact that I said this is not binary because of what AB wrote.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wasn't fighting you. Your clarification did not seem to acknowledge the fact that I said this is not binary because of what AB wrote.

I hold you in the highest esteem too. I'll run to the store tomorrow and get supplies for another vortex in the future. Do you want anything?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hold you in the highest esteem too. I'll run to the store tomorrow and get supplies for another vortex in the future. Do you want anything?

Yes you can explain to AB that it is not binary. Thanks.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think we can really judge Fields while there is a terrible OL and an OFF scheme that does not fit him. It was always going to be a learning curve, EVERY rookie QB this year is struggling, but dammit man, you could help this guy out more. What's that saying? You can't turn shit into shinola? He can only do so much with a horrible play sheet.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't remember where I heard it (radio) but there is a stat something like Fields has dropped back the fewest times but has been sacked the most. Can't remember the exact stat. Regardless, the lack of OL is on Pace and scheming.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't remember where I heard it (radio) but there is a stat something like Fields has dropped back the fewest times but has been sacked the most. Can't remember the exact stat. Regardless, the lack of OL is on Pace and scheming.
Yeah there is a lot broken with the scheme.

Someone on the radio today picked up that Fields is telling reporters that he's a basically doing what he's being told to do. What gets lost on people is that means the coaches are in his ear and telling them to make the decisions he is making.

Ergo, it's not a rookie trying to make something happen but it's actually for their evidence that the scheme is just busted and everyone needs to be flushed

Liked Posts:
This entire organization is a toxic cesspool from the top to bottom. No reason in this universe should Nagy have a job today. Going through twitter and reading some of these stats and facts is mind-numbing. They're more loyal to the HC than the fans who pay for this pathetic excuse of a franchise.
This guy gets it