Talking NBA playoffs with Bulls' Gordon

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Q: It seemed like you and Ray Allen, two high-scoring guards, almost canceled each other out in Game 1. Allen had 4 points and you didn't score in the two middle quarters. How did that happen?

Gordon: I don't really have an answer for that. I just know we were both working really hard on the defensive end, trying to keep each other from getting any decent looks. I was able to kind of break through in the fourth quarter and get something going (10 points in the last 4:32).

Q: Do you always feel you're going to get your points sometime in every game?

Gordon: Regardless of what's happening throughout the game, I have a very short memory. So I never really dwell on if I missed a few shots or if I turned it over. I'm always looking toward the next play and always seizing that moment. I definitely think, regardless of what's going on, I'll be able to still be effective and make plays down the stretch.

Q: Did you stay confident in your ability to put some points up if you needed to in Game 1?

Gordon: I didn't take many shots in the first half. I think I only took like 4 shots. I just knew it was a matter of time. Derrick (Rose) was doing a great job of controlling the tempo of the game, so I had to stay in tune mentally and just wait my turn. The fourth quarter I was able to get some good looks and get something going for the team.

Q: Was Allen thinking the same thing in Game 1, that it was only matter of time before he got going?

Gordon: It didn't happen yesterday. I think (Rajon) Rondo was taking some of his shots and Paul (Pierce) is going to get his shots. That probably took away from the amount of looks Ray normally gets.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=287677&src=150

Fred

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Q: It seemed like you and Ray Allen, two high-scoring guards, almost canceled each other out in Game 1. Allen had 4 points and you didn't score in the two middle quarters. How did that happen?

Did Neil Funk write this question? How exactly does 20 points for Gordon and 4 points for Ray Allen "cancel each other out"?

Gordon shot 50% in the first half. He was drawing a double team (Big Baby Davis would sprint out to help) in the first quarter almost every time he touched the ball. This is a good thing for his teammates. He wasn't forcing anything and he drew 3 assists. He held Allen to 1-11 shooting. Gordon also drew more fouls.

How the heck is that cancelling each other out? Our shooting guard dominated their shooting guard. Period.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Did Neil Funk write this question? How exactly does 20 points for Gordon and 4 points for Ray Allen "cancel each other out"?

Gordon shot 50% in the first half. He was drawing a double team (Big Baby Davis would sprint out to help) in the first quarter almost every time he touched the ball. This is a good thing for his teammates. He wasn't forcing anything and he drew 3 assists. He held Allen to 1-11 shooting. Gordon also drew more fouls.

How the heck is that cancelling each other out? Our shooting guard dominated their shooting guard. Period.
Its very rough math since both were under their season averages. But seriously its good he is sticking to his mentality and not letting things faze him.

Rerisen

Liked Posts:
I think the Celtics defense was really geared up to stop Ben Gordon this series first and foremost.

What Derrick Rose did, as a rookie, no doubt shocked them into a more sobering reality. But from now on, Rose is going to be enemy number 1 for Thibodeau and his defense, that means things might open up for BG just a little bit, and we are going to need that 1-2 punch from he and Derrick to keep this thing rolling.