Tank for Tua

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Any chance with the injuries and surgeries that he is available near the top of the second round?

Any reason to say eff it and take a chance on him despite the injuries because of the upside?

I feel like the Bears may have passed on Watson because of injuries do they jump up to get Tua if they are in striking distance?

Tnp for a quick recovery.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I predict that Tua will fall to the Packers or Patriots late in the first round. He will sit behind Tom or Rodgers for a few years and then go onto a HOF career.

The Bears will select a QB from Conference USA and then a TE from the MAC Conference and both will be major busts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'D look to nab Tua in the 2nd. And ......Or I'd look at Jalen Hurts. I'd keep an eye on Burrow too.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Burrow is literally going to be the first pick in the draft. Especially now with the Tua injury.
TRUE..... we gotta find a a sleeper. Visionman mention the Qb from Utah

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Stupid....pace ain't getting another qb...you are stuck with this group for another year

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace cant get out of his own way. Tua will likely replay Brady when he finally hangs it up.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I read that Tua’s surgery was successful and his prognosis is excellent. I hear that recovery time is at least 6 months.

it’s a risk because of that and his other injuries. But if he falls, I absolutely take him and have him sit his whole first year just to allow maximum recovery time (didn’t Mahomes sit out his first year?!).

Mitch’s contract is guaranteed, so he isn’t going anywhere since no one is dumb enough to trade for him. Take Tua, sign a vet like Andy Dalton or Tannehill.

And fuck it, take another QB in 2021 also. Keep trying until you get it right for the first time in my lifetime.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read that Tua’s surgery was successful and his prognosis is excellent. I hear that recovery time is at least 6 months.

it’s a risk because of that and his other injuries. But if he falls, I absolutely take him and have him sit his whole first year just to allow maximum recovery time (didn’t Mahomes sit out his first year?!).

Mitch’s contract is guaranteed, so he isn’t going anywhere since no one is dumb enough to trade for him. Take Tua, sign a vet like Andy Dalton or Tannehill.

And fuck it, take another QB in 2021 also. Keep trying until you get it right for the first time in my lifetime.
Having Tua fall to the Bears in the 2nd would be some incredible luck. There will be a team that takes a flyer on him in the first because he's worth the risk.

I do agree with your strategy. Personally, I'd like Pace to sit tight in the 2nd and take the best available QB. Sign a Vet, let Trubisky be the back up and sit the rookie for a year.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Having Tua fall to the Bears in the 2nd would be some incredible luck. There will be a team that takes a flyer on him in the first because he's worth the risk.

I do agree with your strategy. Personally, I'd like Pace to sit tight in the 2nd and take the best available QB. Sign a Vet, let Trubisky be the back up and sit the rookie for a year.

I hear ya. Personally, I think Burrow and Herbert will obviously be gone. Pats will surprise people and take Fromm since he would be perfect in their system.

If Jacob Eason falls, I’d take him because of his measureables and sit him a year. Reminds me a little of josh Allen.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
That would be shit luck for Tua. Gets injured and as a result is drafted by the Chicago Bears. I wonder if his insurance policy can have a "drafted by a team that has no idea how to set a QB up for success" clause.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Tua won't fall to late 1st (someone will probably take him in #10 to #20 range).

Bottom line - tank in 2020 for Fields/Lawrence.
IMO, Justin Fields is an amazing QB prospect.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I predict that Tua will fall to the Packers or Patriots late in the first round. He will sit behind Tom or Rodgers for a few years and then go onto a HOF career.

The Bears will select a QB from Conference USA and then a TE from the MAC Conference and both will be major busts.
Hes a 3rd or later

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Tua won't fall to late 1st (someone will probably take him in #10 to #20 range).

Bottom line - tank in 2020 for Fields/Lawrence.
IMO, Justin Fields is an amazing QB prospect.
Ha ha ha ha ha

Liked Posts:
That would be shit luck for Tua. Gets injured and as a result is drafted by the Chicago Bears. I wonder if his insurance policy can have a "drafted by a team that has no idea how to set a QB up for success" clause.
Certainly better than getting drafted by the fucking Bengals.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I can only dream a guy like Tua would be the QB of the Bears. I'd take a first round draft pick on him honestly.