Tank Timeline

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at our prospects pool, we have a dozen to 15 NHLers at this time training elsewhere than the BlackHawks roster.

Some nice surprises like Savaoie and the Russian (2025) and Dickinson. Alot of size and speed coming up.

I think the Russians decision to stay in KHL until 2025 is the hint for managements timeline.

Lots of vacated cap by then.

If Kane stays and we luck into Bedard I would say 2024-25 could be a surprising year full of rushed up yoots but hellsva lot of fun(similar to Rangers last year where we arrive earlier than expected).

Prepare to suck two more years, stuff ourselves full of assets, and start to be fun in 2025-26 season even without Kane/Bedard.

Start to make purchases to win now in 27,28 and hope we don't fizzle instead of sizzle like the Kings and Sabres.

It's really not that bad considering the ride we had.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Future line-up...2025-26

Goalie,

1. Drew Commesso.
2. Soderblum/Free Agent.

Defense.

Jones-Korchinski.
Allen-Dickinson.
Del Mastro-Rinzel.
Kaiser-Vlasic.
Regula-Mitchel
Tinordi-Jones.
Phillips. Roos.
2023 2nd..2024 second,

Athanasou-Dach-Raddysh
1. Bedard/?- Reichel - Lafferty
2. Safonov-Nazar-Savoie/Greene
3. Kaytchouk - Sterjnborg-Ludwinski.
4. Hayes-Thompson-kurashev
Johnson-entwhystlel-slaggert.
2023 first, 2024 first.

Of all the guys I mentioned Rinzel is the least proven, a first round pick of pure potential.

Our depth of quality prospects is something I can't remember having. Obviously we were selling those guys and I wasn't here in 2008 to remember if this feels similar. Does it?

In addition to many high top 60 draft picks we are having some nice surprises.

I almost filled out an entire roster with just prospects. That's not including free agent cap, trades,

Top 6 and goaltending is always a concern until it's not.

If we get Bedard or the Russian we are gonna be somebody, but if we get Fantilli we can still be big, heavy, and fast and skilled.

The key here is finish dead last this year and next to add those first line guys.

Maybe finish off with a long tooth or two in the top 6. shake Draisatl loose.
Sign Cat and Dach long term when they next contract.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t forget to firesale all our draft picks for 26,27,28 starting in 25-26 before the league catches on those won’t be high picks.

Until then just stack and stack and stack talent. The more they block each other the more we can sell when the time is right.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Nazar has been a fucking beast since he returned. For somebody who might have had a hip or groin issue the guy is light years faster then everyone else.

Comesso has been excellent.

If the Hawks don’t luck into the top three this draft it’s going to be a wasted year. Bedard, Fantilli, or Michkov

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I don’t know about youz guyz, but Raddysh is growing on me. Maybe it’s that whole “power forwards take longer to develop” myth but he isn’t too bad right now.

They either trade him right now while his value is high, or they have a solid third line guy when the Hawks actually start being relevant again, and that isn’t a bad thing.

The Hawks have so much fourth line surplus teams should be picking and choosing cuz the Hawks have even more of that misery in Methford.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don’t know about youz guyz, but Raddysh is growing on me. Maybe it’s that whole “power forwards take longer to develop” myth but he isn’t too bad right now.

They either trade him right now while his value is high, or they have a solid third line guy when the Hawks actually start being relevant again, and that isn’t a bad thing.

The Hawks have so much fourth line surplus teams should be picking and choosing cuz the Hawks have even more of that misery in Methford.
I've liked Raddyish since day one, really hope he sticks around. I liked Katchouk initially but now, the "new team" bump is gone and he's been quite bad lately.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I've liked Raddyish since day one, really hope he sticks around. I liked Katchouk initially but now, the "new team" bump is gone and he's been quite bad lately.
Well, he’s 24 now and by the time this dumpster fire is respectable again he going to be around 30.

Bedard speeds up the rebuild, but I don’t know if this team wouldn’t benefit from trading him right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Future line-up...2025-26

Goalie,

1. Drew Commesso.
2. Soderblum/Free Agent.

Defense.

Jones-Korchinski.
Allen-Dickinson.
Del Mastro-Rinzel.
Kaiser-Vlasic.
Regula-Mitchel
Tinordi-Jones.
Phillips. Roos.
2023 2nd..2024 second,
2024 3rd.

Athanasou-Dach-Raddysh
1. Bedard/?- Reichel - Lafferty
2. Safonov-Nazar-Savoie/Greene
3. Kaytchouk - Sterjnborg-Ludwinski.
4. Hayes-Thompson-kurashev
Johnson-entwhystlel-slaggert.
2023 first, 2024 first-2024 third.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One piece of advice I'd offer management during this time, is acquire all the talent you can get.

Don't pass on acquisitions because the timing isn't right, if other factors are bringing them to your lap figure it out with the contract. Go get that guy with a wife from the area because you can.

Pitch playing with Kane if you still got him. Don't like take a break from selling yourself to acquire talent because you are in a building through the draft phase.

Once you get it sure you might trade it, but get it. Wheel and deal and keep adding picks. If you accumulate low picks use some to trade up.

You also don't want to transition so fast to yoots that you ever get any worse than we are right now. Worst team in the league.

Even with BigJ, Kane, Toews, Murphy, McCabe, Stallock and all these guys we are terrible.

If we get much worse we aren't a good place for the yoots to learn good habits that are relevant to winning hockey.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the last two games have been unwatchable. I really don't know what you guys are expecting to be traded? Kane maybe? But the rest are literally depth pieces on a contending team(maybe two guys tops) . T Johnson is brutal you'd have to eat that whole contract and even then I wouldn' t want him. Laffs is a decent piece but your not getting more than a 2nd for him. Max Domi gets talked like he's having a great year , yeah career year on a really bad team, it' like basketball (someone is still gonna get their points on a really bad team but stick em on a good team and their lucky to get a sniff of playing time)The problem is the cap is flatlined and teams don't have the room and then have to make room to take depth. I just don't see the movement you guys think is gonna happen.

Granada

Liked Posts:
the last two games have been unwatchable. I really don't know what you guys are expecting to be traded? Kane maybe? But the rest are literally depth pieces on a contending team(maybe two guys tops) . T Johnson is brutal you'd have to eat that whole contract and even then I wouldn' t want him. Laffs is a decent piece but your not getting more than a 2nd for him. Max Domi gets talked like he's having a great year , yeah career year on a really bad team, it' like basketball (someone is still gonna get their points on a really bad team but stick em on a good team and their lucky to get a sniff of playing time)The problem is the cap is flatlined and teams don't have the room and then have to make room to take depth. I just don't see the movement you guys think is gonna happen.
You lost me when you said Hockey is like Basketball. It's nothing like Basketball. If it was, the Oilers would win every year, lol.

Anyways, Johnson has been decent when he's actually played, but he's extremely injury-prone. So yeah, he'll probably be hard to move, unless someone is desperate.

Domi was having an even worse year the year he was traded from CBJ to Carolina, so I don't really get your logic there at all. He's a perfect rental, three million doesn't break the bank and he's on an expiring contract. Not to mention, he's above 50% on draws, which is key for any playoff team. He's also a gritty player, which is also great for any playoff team. He'd make sense on a lot of teams. The question is, does he want to leave or does he like for playing for Richardson (his ex-coach in Montreal and the reason why he signed with the Hawks in the first place) too much.

Jake McCabe has already drawn much interest from other teams. The reason he hasn't moved yet is because Chychuran hasn't caused the domino effect yet. He's another player who could be easily moved. 4 million for a serviceable top-4 D-man is a great value.

Point is, there are many pieces on this team that can be moved. Kane and Toews are holding things up, unfortunately.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You lost me when you said Hockey is like Basketball. It's nothing like Basketball. If it was, the Oilers would win every year, lol.

Anyways, Johnson has been decent when he's actually played, but he's extremely injury-prone. So yeah, he'll probably be hard to move, unless someone is desperate.

Domi was having an even worse year the year he was traded from CBJ to Carolina, so I don't really get your logic there at all. He's a perfect rental, three million doesn't break the bank and he's on an expiring contract. Not to mention, he's above 50% on draws, which is key for any playoff team. He's also a gritty player, which is also great for any playoff team. He'd make sense on a lot of teams. The question is, does he want to leave or does he like for playing for Richardson (his ex-coach in Montreal and the reason why he signed with the Hawks in the first place) too much.

Jake McCabe has already drawn much interest from other teams. The reason he hasn't moved yet is because Chychuran hasn't caused the domino effect yet. He's another player who could be easily moved. 4 million for a serviceable top-4 D-man is a great value.

Point is, there are many pieces on this team that can be moved. Kane and Toews are holding things up, unfortunately.

2 million for McCabe and Murphy, because we can eat half, and then I think it is pro-rated for like 1/3 season.

So a team had to have like 700,000 cap room to take on McCabe, but that isn't necessarily easy to find in a playoff team that thinks it's worth it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
2 million for McCabe and Murphy, because we can eat half, and then I think it is pro-rated for like 1/3 season.

So a team had to have like 700,000 cap room to take on McCabe, but that isn't necessarily easy to find in a playoff team that thinks it's worth it.
Teams with players on LTIR can easily fit that, especially in addition to the salary they would be shipping out to us possibly.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Keep in mind that we're only allowed 3 total RSA deals where we eat some cap.

So if we retain 50% on McCabe and Murphy, we only have 1 remaining RSA slot through the end of 2025, and will get the last back at the end of 2026.

That could be a sticking point. If we're expected to swallow an RSA spot for that many years, Davidson might want something a bit more back since that could restrict how many bad cap contracts he could send out for a few years. But, it might not be for all we know. We would still have one free RSA slot if we could find a sucker for Jones.

Plus there's like what, 2½ weeks to the trade deadline? I know we want to see motion now but realistically it won't pick up for a bit.

Also keep in mind that it takes 2 to tango. We'd love to ship out baggage deals like Murphy, McCabe, Johnson (which one? Yes.), etc., but another GM has to want them. Murphy and McCabe are not rentals. Tyler Johnson wouldn't be a rental. Even if we retained a receiving club would have to have them in their plans for at least next year, if not 2-3 years down the line.

I think we'll see more action very close to the trade deadline. Every team is looking for the best deal for their movable assets--not just the 'hawks. Using Murph for an example: the 'hawks want to get the most for him that they possible can in terms of what they need. Any team with interest is going to want to give as little as they possibly can for Murph. Right now the negotiations could be us asking for a 1st or a 2nd for Murph, while the other teams might be asking us for one of our 1sts to take him off our hands. Plus, there are other defenseman like Murphy around the league that any team with interest will be looking into as well, as well as more than one team might have interest in him.

I think all of this will come down to the wire as negotiations for all our players unfold. I think it's why we haven't hear anything yet.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to not panic and just start taking lesser deals to get extra picks and use those to move up in drafts.

It's not super important we do anything like the lottery will be this year.

This year's third would be a great place to jump into top 45 and grab a value slider.

The system can only hold so much talent at once.

Acquire what we can currently with short term players and clean house, consolidate talent slots into higher picks and higher value players where possible.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with staying respectable, I expect first round picks will be very tight and we should feel good a out 2nds and thirds and even fourths or target trade ups to begin with.

Turn pick 32 into 22 and 63 into 28.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews may not have much reason to continue other than one final cup chase. I think that's why that deal got done.

I'm not even sure I want Kane gone if they hit on Bedard sweepstakes. Kane is priceless in many ways and if he wants to stay or Toews retires, I don't begrudge them any.

It's whatever they wish to do. Plenty of other areas of house to clean. They should take back mid round picks and then try to consolidate those into another top 60 pick.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Hawks shouldn’t have much trouble moving Domi, Lafferty, McCabe, and Jack Johnson. Biggest return would be for McCabe. Domi and Lafferty 2nd round picks. Johnson a conditional 6th. Kane likely will be dealt, but I could see him return in the offseason especially if Toews retires, which I think is guaranteed at this point. Hawks can pay Kane whatever he wants since they need to reach the cap floor, and he has roots here.

I know it won’t be a popular opinion, but if the Hawks do win the lottery, I would trade Bedard. You’ll get a massive haul and in today’s NHL depth is far more important than top end. The bridge contract is no longer a thing in the NHL which complicates things. Hawks won 3 Cups in part because of those 6 year, 36 million dollar contracts Kane and Toews signed after their ELCs expired. Bedard would be cheap for 3 years then making 10-12 million likely. I don’t want to be the Oilers, but I also understand that without bridge deals and Hossa/Keith type contracts, the chances of winning 3 Cups in 6-7 years are slim. That’s the nature of a hard salary cap.