TANKATHON SUPER BOWL! (BEARS PICK 1)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I don't think there is going to be a team willing to trade to number 2 for a QB. There are going to be 3 first round QBs taken in Young, Stroud and Levis.

1. Texans - you would think they go QB because Mills is not the answer
2. Bears - we need DL obviously here
3. Seahawks - have 2 first rounders
4. Cardinals - have Murray
5. Lions - have 2 first rounders
6. Colts - need a QB
7. Falcons - need a QB
8. Panthers - need a QB
9. Eagles - obviously no
10. Packers - doubt it

The teams that need a QB in that 6-8 range will be potentially in on Stroud or Levis assuming Young is taken by the Texans. Do they try and leapfrog the Seahawks (who have the Broncos first round pick)? I just don't know if Stroud or Levis move the bar enough for teams to do that. I think they wait for either of them thinking the teams ahead are not going QB and if they are wrong so be it as either of them are not rated as high as some QBs in years past. I could be wrong and the combine or pro days could wow some teams but as of now, I think we are not going to have any offers that blow us away.
I suppose there are still many was this could go.

You're implying the Seahawks won't want to trade #3 for a QB because they have another first rounder. That other first rounder will be in the 15-20 range. They're not getting a stud QB there.

On the other hand, having the #15 pick may make them more likely to give up the #3, a 2nd and future first(s) to get the guy they want.

Will Detroit stick with Goff? They could draft two really good players in Round 1 and run it back with Goff who has a lot of time left. But that means kicking the can down the road a while. But they may prefer that to giving up a haul to a division rival to pick a QB now.

But with three teams at 6-7-8 that are very QB needy, there will be demand for the #2.

If we're thinking 'worst case' scenario....some other QB(s) show enough at the combine to make some teams value them in the range of teh top 2, and Houston does a typical dumb Houston thing and picks a defensive player. At that point, supply is higher than we want. But I find all that unlikely. And it still comes down to a team really identifying one particular guy, or one of two, as "the guy."

That's all it will take.

Two team vying for that pick: Good situation
Three or four teams? Terrific!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Refs are giftwrapping another Rams loss en behalf of the Packers.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Looking at #4 overall at the worst right now. Worried that Minny rests starters and gives us our 4th win the final week which likely pushes us from 2 to 4.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looking at #4 overall at the worst right now. Worried that Minny rests starters and gives us our 4th win the final week which likely pushes us from 2 to 4.
i doubt it

im sure you'll see cairo miss some more

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lions is also a game they can potentially win.

So assuming they lose to the Bills 8th is the worst they could do. (NO and Carolina play each other and theres 9 teams currently with 5 or less wins)

AZ beating Atlanta would be nice too. (If you’re worried about the Minnesota game)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really hoping the Rams beat Denver now to fuck over Detroit’s pick a bit.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Young should go #1, but I have no doubt the process should be great for Levis though. Played/Recruited for 2 power 5 schools(1 being a legit Football powerhouse), and relatively holding his own on an outgunned UK squad in the strongest NCAA Football conference. Prototypical size, doesn't move like a slug, can make all the throws, etc... There's history with guys that probably had worse bases going that high between Wentz( Athletic, but The school he played at), Trubisky ( Athletic, but 1 good year in a very QB friendly system) and Allen(Athletic, but the sheer wackiness that went on when he played at Wyoming + mediocre competition)

We should definitely be able to get someone to pay a QB tax. Between Levis and Stroud both will be looking good running around in shorts by the spring time.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone tell me who I'm rooting for in the Broncos Rams game? Or do we actually want a tie? Please and thank you.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can someone tell me who I'm rooting for in the Broncos Rams game? Or do we actually want a tie? Please and thank you.
Ha. A tie would be perfect. I really don’t think it matters otherwise. I’d rather Broncos win so Lion’s pick is worse

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok I know I said no chance in hell Texans get to 3 wins bit they have Titans, Jax and Colts left. Tanny is likely done for year and Matt Ryan sucks donkey balls so just saying.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok I know I said no chance in hell Texans get to 3 wins bit they have Titans, Jax and Colts left. Tanny is likely done for year and Matt Ryan sucks donkey balls so just saying.

BDN starting now though….