TANKATHON SUPER BOWL! (BEARS PICK 1)

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Our path to the #2 pick will now ride on the shoulders of Fields. He is about the only reason we could possibly win a game down the stretch, and given his ability to make a play when nothing is there, it's a real threat we end up winning one of these final games.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think, for us, them taking Carter first would be the best scenario. Yeah, it’d suck not drafting him, but he’d be off the board with the whoever controls the pick having sole access to all the QBs.
I think the options are so wide only way people get pissed with what they do is draft a qb lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The thing is right now we likely are assured of getting Carter or Anderson even if we win one more game. The only question is whether we are high enough to trade our pick for a massive haul.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I don't think there is going to be a team willing to trade to number 2 for a QB. There are going to be 3 first round QBs taken in Young, Stroud and Levis.

1. Texans - you would think they go QB because Mills is not the answer
2. Bears - we need DL obviously here
3. Seahawks - have 2 first rounders
4. Cardinals - have Murray
5. Lions - have 2 first rounders
6. Colts - need a QB
7. Falcons - need a QB
8. Panthers - need a QB
9. Eagles - obviously no
10. Packers - doubt it

The teams that need a QB in that 6-8 range will be potentially in on Stroud or Levis assuming Young is taken by the Texans. Do they try and leapfrog the Seahawks (who have the Broncos first round pick)? I just don't know if Stroud or Levis move the bar enough for teams to do that. I think they wait for either of them thinking the teams ahead are not going QB and if they are wrong so be it as either of them are not rated as high as some QBs in years past. I could be wrong and the combine or pro days could wow some teams but as of now, I think we are not going to have any offers that blow us away.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The thing is right now we likely are assured of getting Carter or Anderson even if we win one more game. The only question is whether we are high enough to trade our pick for a massive haul.
Well not exactly. If the Bears win one more game and the Texans decide not to go QB, we could potentially miss out on both.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's also very possible Houston pulls a Houdini and trades out for a kings Ransom to set them up for the future. If that happens teams will be clamoring to get to #2 for the next guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well not exactly. If the Bears win one more game and the Texans decide not to go QB, we could potentially miss out on both.

In which case all the QBs are on the board at our pick and we most definitely can get a haul. Bears are pretty much golden either way.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I don't think there is going to be a team willing to trade to number 2 for a QB. There are going to be 3 first round QBs taken in Young, Stroud and Levis.

1. Texans - you would think they go QB because Mills is not the answer
2. Bears - we need DL obviously here
3. Seahawks - have 2 first rounders
4. Cardinals - have Murray
5. Lions - have 2 first rounders
6. Colts - need a QB
7. Falcons - need a QB
8. Panthers - need a QB
9. Eagles - obviously no
10. Packers - doubt it

The teams that need a QB in that 6-8 range will be potentially in on Stroud or Levis assuming Young is taken by the Texans. Do they try and leapfrog the Seahawks (who have the Broncos first round pick)? I just don't know if Stroud or Levis move the bar enough for teams to do that. I think they wait for either of them thinking the teams ahead are not going QB and if they are wrong so be it as either of them are not rated as high as some QBs in years past. I could be wrong and the combine or pro days could wow some teams but as of now, I think we are not going to have any offers that blow us away.
Teams can obsess over getting their "guy" when picking a QB since the stakes are high.

I mean we literally traded up for Trubisky who is a worse prospect than any of the top 3 QBs this year.

If we have pick #2, there will absolutely be a huge trade market for it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Teams can obsess over getting their "guy" when picking a QB since the stakes are high.

I mean we literally traded up for Trubisky who is a worse prospect than any of the top 3 QBs this year.

If we have pick #2, there will absolutely be a huge trade market for it.
I hope you are right. I just have been hearing a lot of luke warm things on the QBs the last month or so. Hopefully, the hype picks up again after the pro days.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope you are right. I just have been hearing a lot of luke warm things on the QBs the last month or so. Hopefully, the hype picks up again after the pro days.
Post the lukewarm things you have been hearing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd be pretty surprised if 2 of the first 4 picks aren't qb. It's a considerably better qb class than last year.
Looks like it’s 3 in the top 10 and 1 possibly being a late 1st in Richardson. Am I missing anyone else?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Worrying where QBs go before the combine and pro days is pointless. QBs always tend to rise after the season.
Post combine is where Will Levis sores up draft boards.

“The next Josh Allen” - some headline