Tape Never Lies | Final Game vs Vikings.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a few Bears people on Twitter, like Bill Zimmerman, who are choosing to die on the Leno is a solid LT hill.

I cannot understand that. He has been brutal all season.

I am wondering if Remy would not mind sharing the final PFF grades for the OL?

fuck PFF...you can look at Leno and tell he was not getting the job done on a semi consistent basis. Those same people are also choosing to blame Trubisky for the sacks, the passing game and the running game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I dont understand people like Olin kreutz and the talking voices on radio who are pissed at the Heistand firing. This was maybe one of the worst offense line performances for the year in Bears history. He should be fired as he is directly responsible for the O Line.

I'm not trying to give Heistand or the players any credit at all but there were things that happened all season that made things harder for the o-line to get things right. One of the biggest things a good o-line needs is knowing how the guy next to you plays and just simply time playing together and our guys didn't get to have much of that at all with the injuries to K.Long and B.Massie. We didn't have the luxury of having the best backups with T.Larsen in and out of the lineup with R.Coward and Lucas taking over for Massie and i think we also tried someone else at RT as well and then with putting Whitehair and Daniels at their natural college positions and that not working out so having to switch them back to where they played in 2018.

Again i am not saying Heistand should of kept his job cause i was one of the first to say he needed to go after the season but i think windy can say how hard it is for lineman to learn how to play well with each other when there was so many different players playing at every position but LT. That leads to stuff like not knowing who's taking which d-lineman and who's taking the blitzer and who you're double teaming and everything else.

I don't see any way our starting tackles won't be Leno and Massie next year just cause of their contracts and all we can do is hope they do care about how bad they were and put the work in in the offseason to get better. Daniels and Whitehair need to stay at one position and that's it and i think that needs to be where they ended the season and then get a legit RG in here and hope J.Castillo can come in and get them right.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
fuck PFF...you can look at Leno and tell he was not getting the job done on a semi consistent basis. Those same people are also choosing to blame Trubisky for the sacks, the passing game and the running game.

So do you guys think that because Leno was bad this year that he's done and can't get back to being the player he was for the last 4-5 years for us because of one bad year? If so then why can't he?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So do you guys think that because Leno was bad this year that he's done and can't get back to being the player he was for the last 4-5 years for us because of one bad year? If so then why can't he?

I didn't say that, but the Bears do need to get better backups.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't say that, but the Bears do need to get better backups.

I was just asking, wasn't trying to say you were saying that. Gotta think it's pretty hard to get good backup o-linemen though. It's hard enough to get good starters when you have a cap to stay with and so many other positions that cost so much to have legit talent at. I still have no idea why A.Bars didn't get playing time at RG or RT.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just asking, wasn't trying to say you were saying that. Gotta think it's pretty hard to get good backup o-linemen though. It's hard enough to get good starters when you have a cap to stay with and so many other positions that cost so much to have legit talent at. I still have no idea why A.Bars didn't get playing time at RG or RT.

They will need to spend more to bring in competition.

The offense will go for naught if they expect Trubisky to do everything again. The offense needs to commit to the run even if it isn't working right away.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They will need to spend more to bring in competition.

The offense will go for naught if they expect Trubisky to do everything again. The offense needs to commit to the run even if it isn't working right away.

Yeah i think committing to be more a running team is the way we need to go with Trubisky as our starter and bringing in a OC like Shurmur would be the perfect way to go along with a M.Breida type RB as well. Might as well throw in a Case Keenum while we're at it.

About the o-line i was just saying that it's gonna be hard to get a legit RG and getting a couple of the better name free agent o-linemen that will be out there along with also still filling out all the other needs we have. But if Pace was up front about anything in his end of year presser it was that the o-line needed work so i think there will be a big focus on it. Probably draft and free agency.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
What's going on at the 1:50 mark of this video? This guy does a good job with video editing but his audio editing is poor. There's a number of his videos where he's overdubbing his own narration. Super sloppy.
Take it out of his pay. I love the overdubbing!! Draft Doctor Phil should be working for the Bears.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
Mitch also beat their starters as well....

I know....we're supposed to hate on him all the time. I wish we could get the Mitch that plays the Vikings and Lions more.
Mitch was not the main problem. 1) Offensive line play was well offensive!! 2)Nagy's refusal to play to Turds strength. 3) losing Vic Fangio.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Mitch also beat their starters as well....

I know....we're supposed to hate on him all the time. I wish we could get the Mitch that plays the Vikings and Lions more.
Mitch Trubisky had a herculean performance against the Vikings. The Bears are 6-1 in their last 8 games when he makes at least one start. That includes wins against the Patriots (twice) and Packers (twice). That's a pretty solid resume, especially against teams that have trouble defeating good teams.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I'm not trying to give Heistand or the players any credit at all but there were things that happened all season that made things harder for the o-line to get things right. One of the biggest things a good o-line needs is knowing how the guy next to you plays and just simply time playing together and our guys didn't get to have much of that at all with the injuries to K.Long and B.Massie. We didn't have the luxury of having the best backups with T.Larsen in and out of the lineup with R.Coward and Lucas taking over for Massie and i think we also tried someone else at RT as well and then with putting Whitehair and Daniels at their natural college positions and that not working out so having to switch them back to where they played in 2018.

Again i am not saying Heistand should of kept his job cause i was one of the first to say he needed to go after the season but i think windy can say how hard it is for lineman to learn how to play well with each other when there was so many different players playing at every position but LT. That leads to stuff like not knowing who's taking which d-lineman and who's taking the blitzer and who you're double teaming and everything else.

I don't see any way our starting tackles won't be Leno and Massie next year just cause of their contracts and all we can do is hope they do care about how bad they were and put the work in in the offseason to get better. Daniels and Whitehair need to stay at one position and that's it and i think that needs to be where they ended the season and then get a legit RG in here and hope J.Castillo can come in and get them right.

Good points, dont disagree with most/all of what you said.....

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
What's going on at the 1:50 mark of this video? This guy does a good job with video editing but his audio editing is poor. There's a number of his videos where he's overdubbing his own narration. Super sloppy.
I don't mind it. As long as I can understand both statements. The 2nd comment is usually important. The two comments can be physically (digitally) separated, but I'm sure he/they are trying to release the vid fast, while it's still relevant, so I'm not going to be harsh.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Every time I watch one of these I am appalled at the play of Leno. I dont carehow much we are paying him next year, I would hope the bears are planning on bringing someone in to compete with him. He got married, had a child, and got paid and he apparently completely forgot how to play football.
He alone probably caused the Bears to lose many of the games they lost this year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Charles Leno is so bad that people feel like rappin' about it.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any way our starting tackles won't be Leno and Massie next year just cause of their contracts and all we can do is hope they do care about how bad they were and put the work in in the offseason to get better.
... get a legit RG in here and hope J.Castillo can come in and get them right.

FWIW - Pace did specifically mention "personnel decisions" at least 3 times in the presser when OL came up. Nagy looked irate as well, like he wanted to pipe up but bit his tongue. Lawdy I hope they make moves. This was some painful ass football & tape to be watching each week.

No way they can afford to keep playing these chumps as status quo. No f-in way. OL production has to change in a major way.

Well yeah, we all hope so!! But I'd also hope for keys to a Ferrari given to me by 4 hot babes wanting to bang on the hood.

That's the $12 mil question, or whatever he got paid. Why the holy-hell did his play turn from at least average to total dog shit in every way!?? We can all pray & eat Lucky Charms so the new coaches can fix his busted ass, as well as the rest of em, but there's no f-in way they should bank on that sort of magical thinking given this whole season of shit play.