Tape Never Lies | Final Game vs Vikings.

MonStar

Liked Posts:
What's going on at the 1:50 mark of this video? This guy does a good job with video editing but his audio editing is poor. There's a number of his videos where he's overdubbing his own narration. Super sloppy.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch one of these I am appalled at the play of Leno. I dont carehow much we are paying him next year, I would hope the bears are planning on bringing someone in to compete with him. He got married, had a child, and got paid and he apparently completely forgot how to play football.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
What's going on at the 1:50 mark of this video? This guy does a good job with video editing but his audio editing is poor. There's a number of his videos where he's overdubbing his own narration. Super sloppy.
This is what happens when you let the voice actors also edit. This is one of his "things" he does in his videos, maybe its supposed to make you feel like youre in a bar discussing the Bears... with a bunch of Dr. Phil clones.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our offensive line is so bad! We need two new tackles!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch one of these I am appalled at the play of Leno. I dont carehow much we are paying him next year, I would hope the bears are planning on bringing someone in to compete with him. He got married, had a child, and got paid and he apparently completely forgot how to play football.

Leno is just flat out BAD. If he is starting next year with hopes that a new oline coach is going to correct him they are making a huge error. The guy is slow, has no technique at all, and just doesn't looks like he even gives a shit. He's lucky Cutler isn't his QB. lol.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch also beat their starters as well....

I know....we're supposed to hate on him all the time. I wish we could get the Mitch that plays the Vikings and Lions more.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I don't know if you guys noticed this but in 2018, I would regularly catch Leno very close to false starting with his leg kick. That allowed him to get a jump on his defender. This year, I haven't seen this trait of his. I wonder if they changed Mitch's cadence, or they told Leno to watch out, or he doesn't care anymore because he just got married and had a kid. This past season, it looks like he's playing not to get hurt. He doesn't engage violently with the rushers. This signals to me a guy who doesn't want to risk his health anymore.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The OL and TEs are so bad. The TEs are scrubs, so I can't blame them that much. Not that our big FA TE or our 2nd round TE would be any better. As much as I shit on Nagy, the OL and TE play was just atrocious this season. His offense probably still sucks, but not as much as it did in 2019.

Fingers crossed that we can fix the OL and TEs with the draft and free agency.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch also beat their starters as well....

I know....we're supposed to hate on him all the time. I wish we could get the Mitch that plays the Vikings and Lions more.
Nope, Chase beat them...if your really inclined to give the QB credit for the win when the defense holds your opponent to 6 points.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Our offensive line is so bad! We need two new tackles!
It really is quite shocking how bad Massie and Leno were this year. I've gone back and watched some of the 2018 season and Massie was still frequently getting beat but Leno has the biggest noticeable drop in performance. He was at least serviceable in 2018 but he has put up some of the most pathetic effort plays this last year, I don't see how we can roll him out there again if it can't be corrected. I don't know if they changed blocking techniques but they are both getting beat one on one more than half the time. I do think Mitch was able to mask some of the issues in 2018 as the middle of the line was able to hold up better and when Leno or Massie got beat (most often to the outside), Mitch was able to step into a pocket or slip between Guard/Tackle and use his legs to make plays and that just didn't happen nearly as often in 2019.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My comment after this game was that it was the worst I have ever seen an offensive line perform in a game.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I dont understand people like Olin kreutz and the talking voices on radio who are pissed at the Heistand firing. This was maybe one of the worst offense line performances for the year in Bears history. He should be fired as he is directly responsible for the O Line.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are a few Bears people on Twitter, like Bill Zimmerman, who are choosing to die on the Leno is a solid LT hill.

I cannot understand that. He has been brutal all season.

I am wondering if Remy would not mind sharing the final PFF grades for the OL?