Tape Never Lies - Week 9

Liked Posts:
So 3 things stand out.

- Daniels isnt cut out to be an NFL center

- More Montgomery and less Cohen going forward

- Shaheen is an absolute liability. Embarrassing doesn't quite cover the magnitude of the suckage this guy brings to the field every Sunday.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy's love affair with Cohen is infuriating.

Imagine how much better the offense would be if they didn't run 99% of their plays out of predictable shotgun formations trying to make a 5'6 midget gadget player the focal point of the offense.

Seriously, imagine how much better they'd be if the offensive identity was built around pounding the ball with Montgomery 25+ times a game with no impossible pull/trap assignments, just hat on a hat with a lead blocker, with play action game off it.

Guarantee you this same cast of players would produce vastly better results simply by virtue of not running the offense like a 13 year old playing their first game of Madden.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
One o

One word: systemic. What's more likely. Every single player that has played at a higher level has suddenly regressed? Or, are there deeper issues at play here?
No doubt, what could it be though?

Apathy towards Nagy would be strange given last year. Apathy toward Mitch? Just Nagy incompetence?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we played the Brett Kollman video earlier in the season that highlighted how poorly Trubisky had developed during the offseason...several posters said, "Kollman has an agenda."

I'm definitely not going to go that route...lol...I mean there are coaching, play calling, and o-line issues....but this guy acts like Mitch would be successful on another team.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
When we played the Brett Kollman video earlier in the season that highlighted how poorly Trubisky had developed during the offseason...several posters said, "Kollman has an agenda."

I'm definitely not going to go that route...lol...I mean there are coaching, play calling, and o-line issues....but this guy acts like Mitch would be successful on another team.

There were a few parts like what you are implying; for example the early overthrow to Robinson on a 7 yard out route. He goes after Daniels for getting pushed back by Fletcher Cox, but it didn't effect the throw... yeah Daniels got whupped like he was adopted, but Cox didn't get a pressure on the QB so it seems like a weird point to make. Especially when the QB is busy missing an unpressured 7 yard out route to a 6'3 WR. But other than 1 or 2 of those he seems pretty even keeled. A lot more self promotion in this video though, you don't need to plug your channel I'm fucking already watching it Phil.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No doubt, what could it be though?

Apathy towards Nagy would be strange given last year. Apathy toward Mitch? Just Nagy incompetence?
I don't think it's any one thing. I think there are a multitude of reasons. Right down to the positional coaches and advice/feedback Nagy is receiving from his staff. The less obvious things we don't necessarily see.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You expect development and progression going into season two of an offense, especially under what you determined to be an offense-minded coach. Instead we've witnessed degradation and regression nearly across the board on offense. I'm of the opinion that you give all HCs three years at a minimum, but it is startling that we are one and a half seasons in and your team is a dumpster fire.

We see signs of adjustments in the second half which were successful and enough to tenuously cling to a modicum of hope for improvement, but overall, it is incredibly disconcerting.

greg23

Liked Posts:
After watching it just confirms what I'm watching

Shaheen is worthless and needs to be inactive or preferably cut with one of the te on the ps promoted.

Daniels is awful and not ready (maybe never will be] to be a center...he's lost and worse yet, can't make the correct calls....get his ass to guard or the bench

Mitch isnt good but BHVWGHC has been significantly worse.....why would he continually put the guy in awful situations vs tailoring his play calls to mitch's strength? I dont get it

Tarik cohen
Leonard floyd
Eddie jackson

All have been average (at best) to awful all year....no clue why, did they get big heads but Cohen's snaps/role should be reduced asap (other two, no real options behind them)

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
Aaron Paul needs to learn how gap responsibilities vs. the run work.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Nagy's love affair with Cohen is infuriating.

Imagine how much better the offense would be if they didn't run 99% of their plays out of predictable shotgun formations trying to make a 5'6 midget gadget player the focal point of the offense.

Seriously, imagine how much better they'd be if the offensive identity was built around pounding the ball with Montgomery 25+ times a game with no impossible pull/trap assignments, just hat on a hat with a lead blocker, with play action game off it.

Guarantee you this same cast of players would produce vastly better results simply by virtue of not running the offense like a 13 year old playing their first game of Madden.
100% this!!

I don't have the time to do the breakdown on the stats but on plays where we run a simple man on man, straight ahead blocking scheme with our O-Line and pound it with Montgomery the offensive production is drastically better. I'm not saying it will be top 10 but we wouldn't be breaking records for the most inept offense in franchise and NFL history. I really think Nagy can't come to grips with the fact that the identity for this team personnel right now is simple, non-trap, no pulling line blocking with a QB under center and pound it run game that eventually opens up some play action. Nagy wants so badly for his more artistic plays to work but we don't have the offensive line or QB talent to do it.

Montgomery clearly has the talent and drive to be a good RB. The fact he is making positive yards even with his TEs and linemen missing assignments gives me hope for his future. As long as Montgomery isn't dead tired, he needs to be on the field. Cohen was a threat with his versatility but the drop off in his consistency and catching ability combined with his east to west running is missing opportunities when they arise. Maybe he can refocus and come back strong, but I think his touches have to drop and Montgomery gets 90%+ of the plays.

For all the hype our D has, they are getting sucked into bad positions by good offensive schemes by the opposition. The multiple 3rd down conversions at the end of the game do not look to be due to fatigue as much as the D getting schemed out of position due to their over aggressiveness and desire to make a game changing play and then getting burnt by simple blown assignments. Eddie Jackson and Leonard Floyd, I want to see you back to form and this is your contract year but you have struggled to get the job done. You need to step up the level of play.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think the only guys consistently doing their jobs are:

Skrine
Patterson - he’s a special teams beast
Montgomery
Whitehair
Robinson
O’ Donnell - It’s sad when the punter is one of the standouts.
JP Holtz - he’s a battering ram

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
One more thought, someone on the coaching staff really needs to look at our punt formations as clearly the opposition has found a weakness and we have been exposed now for multiple weeks in a row. I'm not sure whether it is an alignment issue they've found or a personnel issue, but it looks like a simple stunt is leaving blockers coming through untouched and we are likely to see another back breaking block or tipped punt if we don't get this fixed.