HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not bad. He's been figured out. Huge difference.

He needs to be schemed differently.

By and large I agree with you but Nagy's play calling hasn't exactly been benefiting Cohen or Mitch much in terms of giving his struggling offensive line the edge. If I wanted to help out my struggling offensive line then I would be calling more movement plays where I'm allowing my line to go on the attack on the edges.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably too distracted pointing out how bad Mitch has been.

But Cohen has been atrocious, where is his head at? He plays in 3 facets: Return man, running back, wide receiver, and he's been atrocious in all three. He does nothing in the return game except signal for a fair catch. I expected a lot more out of him with his speed but he doesn't seem to have a feel for the position. He still runs horizontally too much when the ball is handed off to him; I don't think he's broken a single decent run all year. And he's basically been invisible as a pass catcher too. One of Mitch's favorite targets last season, can't think of a big catch he's had this year.

What the fuck man

And people wonder why the offense looks anemic sometimes ...When you start from inside the 10 regularly, drives are hard to sustain

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Cohen can be a matchup nightmare in the slot, but you need a qb that doesn't overthrow the receivers every time. Frankly, I'm tired of the smurfs. It was refreshing to see Wims out there yesterday as a big target. I'd rather see Gabriel work out of the slot more and have Wims and ARob work outside.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Technically the entire RB group hasn't been great. Montgomery has lead the way, but he's been very 'meh'.

Anyway, I'm not seeing the OL and the RBs working together. Maybe they should go out, have a few beers, talk about their feelings and things will get better?

Shh Monty is a stud so can't speak ill of him. I so love how dynamic he is in the passing game as I am in awe of his 8 catches for 61 yards. He is dominating Howard and his 6 catches for 47 yards and a TD.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He has a bunch of drops and "non-catches" or whatever you want to call the bomb he wasn't able to stay in bounds for. Disappointed to see that the 1 chance for a huge run he slips on the soldier field turf. All hope isn't lost though, I think he can be a huge blitz-buster if schemed correctly, if he gets the ball in space with a few LB blitzed out of position hes going to take it 40+ yards.

Grape

Liked Posts:
He's not playing well does not = put him on the sideline. That's ridiculous get out of here

You know he'll eventually regress to the mean.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Tarik plays well in space, and he hasnt had many opportunities to excel in that position. I'm more concerned with the Oline.

Hopefully the staff takes a deep hard look at the tape during the bye and see if it makes more sense to reshuffle the Oline.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

But Cohen has been atrocious, where is his head at? He plays in 3 facets: Return man, running back, wide receiver, and he's been atrocious in all three. He does nothing in the return game except signal for a fair catch. I expected a lot more out of him with his speed but he doesn't seem to have a feel for the position. He still runs horizontally too much when the ball is handed off to him; I don't think he's broken a single decent run all year. And he's basically been invisible as a pass catcher too. One of Mitch's favorite targets last season, can't think of a big catch he's had this year.

What the fuck man
NEWSFLASH: THE WHOLE OFFENSE HAS BEEN BAD!!!

Yogi

Liked Posts:
One of the most irritating things is that you basically have to be actively stupid to fair catch at the 5 yard line. It isn’t some high pressure/bang-bang/split decision play—if you’re standing on the 10, just… don’t move backward. And make the cover team actually execute to try to pin you that far back.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

What the fuck man

I have been extremely critical of him! He has dropped 4 passes to my knowledge of which 2 were pretty big explosive plays. He isn’t the only one, I believe that Gabriel’s TD has been the only “play” made on longer plays that weren’t easy catches.

There have been 6-7 potential huge plays and Gabriel is the only one to have been made. I’m not saying they should have all been made but 2-3 would be nice.

Cohen dropped the toss that could have been a big play. He has caught multiple punts inside the 10 yard line which is completely stupid and unnecessary.

He isn’t the only one though, everyone needs to play better and make plays when they have a chance.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
He doesn't thrill me as a RB. He runs side to side looking for a hole that's never there. Now that we have Montgomery, I'm very tempted to say every hand off should just be to him. Cohen has been that disappointing.

Every hand off? Really? Do you want Montgomery to die or something? Every hand off?

I don’t think Nagy wants to run Cohen. But he does. You know why? To keep the defense honest. And you know what? The few inside runs Cohen has had, were pretty decent. And one more bit of newsflash, Montgomery’s YPC isn’t that good.