Tarik Cohen has been bad and not enough people are talking about it

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Probably too distracted pointing out how bad Mitch has been.

But Cohen has been atrocious, where is his head at? He plays in 3 facets: Return man, running back, wide receiver, and he's been atrocious in all three. He does nothing in the return game except signal for a fair catch. I expected a lot more out of him with his speed but he doesn't seem to have a feel for the position. He still runs horizontally too much when the ball is handed off to him; I don't think he's broken a single decent run all year. And he's basically been invisible as a pass catcher too. One of Mitch's favorite targets last season, can't think of a big catch he's had this year.

What the fuck man

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Yeah he looks terrible. Let him stand next to Kyle on the sidelines..

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The catch last night where he zoomed into the endzone for a touchdown?

I get the point though. He has been dropping way too many balls he should be catching. Its become a meme to reference his backflip ball catching ability every time he drops a routine play.

FWIW, remember that his brother was paralyzed this off-season. We have no idea how much that is still affecting him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats one player it appears we won't have to overpay to keep.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
They really should take him off the punt return duties.
Let him focus on offense.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everyone in the IGT was ripping him a new asshole.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I guess I agree he has been a little disappointing.. but I saw enough of him last year to still be high on having him? And think it will average out with some more games. I just dont think the offense has gotten going much in a number of ways. I think Cohen will have plenty of great plays this year.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He doesn't thrill me as a RB. He runs side to side looking for a hole that's never there. Now that we have Montgomery, I'm very tempted to say every hand off should just be to him. Cohen has been that disappointing.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Technically the entire RB group hasn't been great. Montgomery has lead the way, but he's been very 'meh'.

Anyway, I'm not seeing the OL and the RBs working together. Maybe they should go out, have a few beers, talk about their feelings and things will get better?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

But Cohen has been atrocious, where is his head at? He plays in 3 facets: Return man, running back, wide receiver, and he's been atrocious in all three. He does nothing in the return game except signal for a fair catch. I expected a lot more out of him with his speed but he doesn't seem to have a feel for the position. He still runs horizontally too much when the ball is handed off to him; I don't think he's broken a single decent run all year. And he's basically been invisible as a pass catcher too. One of Mitch's favorite targets last season, can't think of a big catch he's had this year.

What the fuck man

He's not bad. He's been figured out. Huge difference.

He needs to be schemed differently.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

What the fuck man

Yesterday, he fair caught a punt at the Bears 4 yard line...lol