Tarik Cohen?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
With the signing of Damian Williams, what becomes of him now? Between Williams and Montgomery, I don't see any reason to ever give Tarik Cohen another snap from behind the QB considering both the aforementioned guys' abilities to catch the ball while also being a threat run it between the tackles. They extended him before last year though so it's likely that they still like what he brings to the team. Is this how the WR position gets addressed (kinda sorta)? Does Cohen get moved into more of a slot WR since Anthony Miller has largely failed there?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think they will use him out of the slot a lot more, especially if they don't draft a true slot receiver.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the signing of Damian Williams, what becomes of him now? Between Williams and Montgomery, I don't see any reason to ever give Tarik Cohen another snap from behind the QB considering both the aforementioned guys' abilities to catch the ball while also being a threat run it between the tackles. They extended him before last year though so it's likely that they still like what he brings to the team? Is this how the WR position gets addressed (kinda sorta)? Does Cohen get moved into more of a slot WR since Anthony Miller has largely failed there?
That's a good question. Could see some 2 back sets, motioning him out to the slot, making a Safety drop down to cover if the D isn't already in nickel. If he is sole back field or lines up at the slot, the D will nickel up. Could be an interesting 3rd down change of pace as well. >shrugs<

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
With the signing of Damian Williams, what becomes of him now? Between Williams and Montgomery, I don't see any reason to ever give Tarik Cohen another snap from behind the QB considering both the aforementioned guys' abilities to catch the ball while also being a threat run it between the tackles. They extended him before last year though so it's likely that they still like what he brings to the team? Is this how the WR position gets addressed (kinda sorta)? Does Cohen get moved into more of a slot WR since Anthony Miller has largely failed there?
I would like to see Cohen have a bounce back year and Lazor could run the ball a ton with 3 RBs that are all able to catch the ball along with run it.... IF Dalton is going to be the QB, we need a strong running game, it is better to have 3 options than 2, and go with the hot hand during the game.

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind D. Williams has a bad track record of staying healthy. I think there's room for all 3 backs, especially if they decide to have Cohen play slot.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep in mind D. Williams has a bad track record of staying healthy. I think there's room for all 3 backs, especially if they decide to have Cohen play slot.
Which could be the reason he's being called a back up for Montgomery. Limit snaps perhaps limits injury?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I would like to see Cohen have a bounce back year and Lazor could run the ball a ton with 3 RBs that are all able to catch the ball along with run it.... IF Dalton is going to be the QB, we need a strong running game, it is better to have 3 options than 2, and go with the hot hand during the game.
I don't see Cohen as a real running threat. He rarely takes what's given to him up the middle in favor of trying to hit the sidelines and getting strung out or tackled for no gain. He's a threat in the passing game but not at the expense of telegraphing it by his sole presence in the backfield, especially not when Montgomery and Williams are both threats in the pass game as well.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind D. Williams has a bad track record of staying healthy.
Well yea, hence him being the #2. Montgomery proved he's a work horse so you can pencil him in for 60-65% of the snaps (more if need be). Williams would be penciled in for much of the rest. Where does Cohen fit in in a way that justifies having just extended his contract? Surely they see him being used as more than just a punt returner and a 3rd string back that gets maybe 5 carries a game.

Liked Posts:
Well yea, hence him being the #2. Montgomery proved he's a work horse so you can pencil him in for 60-65% of the snaps (more if need be). Williams would be penciled in for much of the rest. Where does Cohen fit in in a way that justifies having just extended his contract? Surely they see him being used as more than just a punt returner and a 3rd string back that gets maybe 5 carries a game.
We also have Cordelle Paterson lol

Liked Posts:
Which furthers my point. Patterson was the #2 last year and is easily a guy who can pick up those 5 carries if you need him to.
D Williams might not even make the roster, who knows, depends on what the contract details are.

It’s a low risk move regardless

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
D Williams might not even make the roster, who knows, depends on what the contract details are.

It’s a low risk move regardless

This is correct. Don't think any of these guys from here on out are guaranteed roster spots.