TE Bryce Hopkins

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you like him for 2nd Rd? *edit: later? I only say 2nd based on my limited take on when he might go.

Seems like a great dude. Kinda soft spoken. Does he have a mean streak to his game?

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
This draft has some decent talent at tight end I'd love Hopkins in the second round. Walter football has him ranked at 11 for tight ends right now.

So you want to draft the 11th rated tight end with thr 43rd overall pick?

Please Stop

This draft SUCKS for tight ends. I know it's a desperate need for the bears but reaching for a position when they player doesnt fit that spot is an awful draft strategy.

Sign a FA and if needed draft someone in the 4th round comp pick or later

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you want to draft the 11th rated tight end with thr 43rd overall pick?

Please Stop

This draft SUCKS for tight ends. I know it's a desperate need for the bears but reaching for a position when they player doesnt fit that spot is an awful draft strategy.

Sign a FA and if needed draft someone in the 4th round comp pick or later

According to WalterFootball and they've been wrong a lot.

They said Match Trubisky was better than Watson & Patrick Mahomes and called that a weak QB class.

Free agency is expensive and we already have atrey Burton with a lot of dead cap.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
According to WalterFootball and they've been wrong a lot.

They said Match Trubisky was better than Watson & Patrick Mahomes and called that a weak QB class.

Free agency is expensive and we already have atrey Burton with a lot of dead cap.
So.... What's your point then? Because you used WalterFootball to produce a list that expresses the TE group as good talent and make a claim for the place to take him, then here you discredit the very source you used.

I'm all for drafting a talented TE in the second round, and I actually think Moss is going to rise and be worth the second rounder we could use to take him; what I am saying is that you should make an argument instead of making a point. Because the point you just made is that your source is distrustful. Argue instead that Hopkins is worth a second rounder.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So.... What's your point then? Because you used WalterFootball to produce a list that expresses the TE group as good talent and make a claim for the place to take him, then here you discredit the very source you used.

I'm all for drafting a talented TE in the second round, and I actually think Moss is going to rise and be worth the second rounder we could use to take him; what I am saying is that you should make an argument instead of making a point. Because the point you just made is that your source is distrustful. Argue instead that Hopkins is worth a second rounder.

Moss is an easy NO

He has no speed or quick twitch ability.
Wr hands
Slow te body
Blah blocker
Everything he does is around the LOS....he's a reserve and we have plenty of them already.

I expect multiple TE signed in FA to augment Burton (if still here another year) and maybe holtz/jesper

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Moss is an easy NO

He has no speed or quick twitch ability.
Wr hands
Slow te body
Blah blocker
Everything he does is around the LOS....he's a reserve and we have plenty of them already.

I expect multiple TE signed in FA to augment Burton (if still here another year) and maybe holtz/jesper
Huh, I watched him play a couple times and got the impression that he is the kind of guy that can high point the ball. And yeah, I have a high opinion of his catching skills. Well, I won't know if I am wrong for a while, but that's the nature of the draft I guess.

Either way, I'm not opposed to getting a TE in the second. Even with the steep learning curve for the position, a rookie could easily step in and contribute better than who currently suits up for Chicago, and I think it's a good time to invest in the position in the draft instead of spending more in FA for a has-been or never-was.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No we fucked up by passing on JuJu for Shaheen. Let's not make the same mistake again. This draft is loaded at WR. Get a good one.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s the TE I’d like the Bears to get, but with their Comp pick at the end of the 4th. He will likely be gone by then. We’ll know more after the combine.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's my second favorite TE on the board.

He's my first. Very good chance both those dudes are gone before our first pick in the 2nd round. Especially if bryant kills it in the combine.

According to CCS scouts he's too small tho and will be a 5th round pick

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's actually a perfect year to draft a TE since we all know TE is one of the positions that almost always takes time for them to adjust to the NFL, so If they're really hoping Burton can give us a healthy year next year and now with D.Harris then that could give this TE that we draft a year to adjust. If Burton gets hurt again then we might have to throw him out there earlier then expected and hope he's one of the few that can go out and produce in his rookie year. After this year we can cut Burton without having to pay him so much like we'd have to if we cut him this offseason and we now have a young TE with a year under his belt, whether that's with him mostly sitting and learning or if he did have to play cause Burton got hurt.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm no GM but I'd rather sign Olsen, because we can predict that he will get hurt.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He's ok, but nothing special to me. He will go higher than he should due to the low amount of talent available at TE in the draft.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He's my second favorite TE on the board.

He's my first. Very good chance both those dudes are gone before our first pick in the 2nd round. Especially if bryant kills it in the combine.

According to CCS scouts he's too small tho and will be a 5th round pick

While I prefer Tight Ends to be more around 6'4 or taller (Bryant is 6'2), since so many undersized TE are really receivers playing TE, I really like his tape.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
what do you guys think about cole k'met? dudes 6'5 and a has a huge wingspan. would love him as one of our second rd picks. I have grown to distrust walter football. a lot of their prediction wind up being wrong

msadows

Liked Posts:
While I prefer Tight Ends to be more around 6'4 or taller (Bryant is 6'2), since so many undersized TE are really receivers playing TE, I really like his tape.
He's the same size as burton. Evan engram is 6'2 as well

My guess is he runs a stellar 40 and is off the board by the bears pick.