TE Options if bears cut graham

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I feel like it will be best young DB at Nickel between Graham Vildor and Shelly. I like Vildor over Shelly because I feel while they both got flags throw on them, I feel Vildor will make plays and be a good tackler. Almost made me wanna see if he could take a shot at being a Safety, if we didn't sign Gipson back. I hope Trufant has to fight to start and they don't give it to him because he is the vet.
Kindle Vildor had some growing pains but once he settled in he looked really good at cornerback. I'm not sure he's substantially worse than Jaylon Johnson, or actually worse at all. Pace is getting smart though, he's realizing what he has an eye for and not devoting unnecessary resources towards those positions. The Bears have definitely a quantity over a quality of cornerbacks, but I think their intention is that competition will get a few guys to rise above and improve even more.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things in Pittsburgh didn't go well at all but he is still immensely talented and the Bears were really enthusiastic about him until he got hurt.
I'm listening to you... but at the same time, I almost can't ignore the -211... I'm like how you got that? XDDD

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure what this post means.
you got a dislike 210 as far as other posters responding to what you say... I'm thinking to myself, how in the world you have that many thumbs down?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
you got a dislike 210 as far as other posters responding to what you say... I'm thinking to myself, how in the world you have that many thumbs down?
Ohhh, yeah a few posters have made it part of their identity or whatever. Its weird.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
With Fields potentially playing significant snaps this year, Graham will be important to keep around.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Horsted and Nall if he stops insisting to be a RB. At this point switch, or punt. Holtz is a blocking H back that couldn't find guys to block so I'm down on him after the abysmal FB roll last year. Horsted is easily the best guy to fill the route tree receiving TE roll. Nall's combine speced out a little better than Burton did in every category, speed, size and agility.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy was a decent redzone threat, but his contract really never made sense for him to be on the team for 2021. No one questions the need to have depth, but the thought is that there were better cap saving options to explore. 10 mil is a bit high for a 35 year old Tight End, who is likely to be off the team next year. On top of that we've let guys like Jesper Horsted and JP Holtz be on the team the last couple of
I agree with you on all, of this, I was responding to the poster who claimed we were set at TE with Kmet

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You have to find a way to cut 10 million and keep him after the rookie contracts. So as far as bigger contracts go, it might come down to him and Hicks right now. In terms of value, Hicks is a better player and you don't have someone near his level to replace him. At the same time, he gets hurt way too much. Jimmy on the other hand I feel was there all 16, just getting lesser snaps for Kmet. As a receiver, I didn't see enough out of Kmet to wanna cut him. This just honestly makes the Dalton signing dumber and dumber, because that IS the ten million.
The Bears are under the cap by like 9-10 million after cutting Leno. If they only sign the draft class they will still have a few million in space

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The Bears are under the cap by like 9-10 million after cutting Leno. If they only sign the draft class they will still have a few million in space
they should have around 4 mill after signing the draft class, if the bears want to sign a vet LT like fisher, okung, villanueva etc...the bears will likely need more than that...

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
JG sets the tone on offense he stepped into a leadership role / big locker room guy.
Same goes for Hicks on D which is a huge factor as to why they are both still on the team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they wanted to replace Jimmy they needed to sign someone earlier or draft someone to replace him.

They didn’t. I think they are stuck now.
After Pitts and the kid from Penn St it was a very weak TE class. Jimmy earned his money last year even though pretty much all of us, including me, thought he was overpaid and Kmet really had a lot of good things to say about Jimmy helping him last year. I 100% believe in Kmet becoming a really good TE in this league but you have to call the plays for him to help him get better and i think they could of called more plays for him last year. Another thing i put on Nagy and will be watching Nagy on this year.

With that said we still need another legit TE so either Jimmy is staying or they need another TE who's good in the red zone like Jimmy is and all i see right now is T.Eifert and D.Fells out there. Neither are better than Jimmy but if the main focus is gonna go to Kmet this year then either of them will be fine and Kmet can be the main red zone TE.

Still waiting on cuts cause there's always intriguing players at all positions that get cut and that will kost likely be even more with Covid cutting the cap down so much.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they can reconstruct his contract to extend another year if it means they could sign a guy like Berry. Or hell even a cheaper Leno. I would just want to wait a year to see who could plat left tackle from Jenkins or not yet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't forget Thomas Graham Jr.

The Bears have a good history at cornerback under Ryan Pace. There's really no need for them to pour cap resources on it unless there is a truly elite talent they want to retain.
Pace had a better history with DB's when Fangio and Donatell were here. Donatell is a beats with DB's and maybe even the best in the NFL but i definitely don't know enough about DB coaches to cement that comment. He's one of the best for sure.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears keep Jimmy Graham this season. Although they drafted Cole Kmet, tight ends are notorious for taking a longer time to develop and Graham has shown to be a great mentor.

I’m hoping they sign David Njoku next season to pair with Kmet. He requested a trade last season, so he clearly wants out of Cleveland.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Vildor was a rookie that received valuable playing time last year and the moment didn’t seem too big for him. He’s pretty sticky and definitely knows how to tackle. Maybe we let him continue to develop...

I really like Kyle and he’s the first causality of Covid. However, sometimes it’s better to be a year early than late when cutting a player. Without the Covid cap limitations, he would still be a Bear.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
they should have around 4 mill after signing the draft class, if the bears want to sign a vet LT like fisher, okung, villanueva etc...the bears will likely need more than that...
ARob re-signing would be a great way to make up that money we need to fill whatever other spots need filled.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wonder if they can reconstruct his contract to extend another year if it means they could sign a guy like Berry. Or hell even a cheaper Leno. I would just want to wait a year to see who could plat left tackle from Jenkins or not yet.
Berry??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the Bears keep Jimmy Graham this season. Although they drafted Cole Kmet, tight ends are notorious for taking a longer time to develop and Graham has shown to be a great mentor.

I’m hoping they sign David Njoku next season to pair with Kmet. He requested a trade last season, so he clearly wants out of Cleveland.
If they didn't already have one of the best slot WR's in the league in Jarvis Landry i'd try a A.Miller+ for Njoku. A Kmet Njoku combo would be really nice. You got your big meathead TE in Kmet and your more athletic TE with Njoku.