TE Trey McBride

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I like what I’ve seen from Jesper Horsted and he seemed to have a good connection with Fields.

Cole Kmet is an ascending talent. He’s still very young since he declared after his junior season, but he has the physical tools to be a red zone monster.

The Bears have too many positions to fill, so I don’t see Tre McBride as a good fit unless he were to fall to the Bears in the 5th (which I don’t see happening)

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He has a cool back story. He was raised by two moms. All of their boys are outstanding athletes. They were taught to be thoughtful and to make a difference in the community. He’s talented and loves the game. Poles wants players that are football first. However, I still want a WR, O Lineman or a corner with the first two picks.
Cool history but can he catch the ball and play football?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like Trey McBride, but not completely sold on him to take him in the 2nd. He was extremely productive, but his tape didn't stick out as much as his sheer numbers did to me. But still really solid prospect and I could certainly get on board with a 2nd tight end.

Also, I think it is better to wait a few more rounds until the 4th where we may be target Jake Ferguson or Cole Turner, both whom I see as good value in the mid rounds. I think Ferguson has alot of potential, but was unable to showcase it well at Wisconsin. Turner would be a great redzon target. He is 6-6 and is very good at high pointing the ball and jumping higher than anyone else.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a luxury pick. Also a guy/position who IF he's rated very highly, could be an example of a hard choice to go BPA vs need if it comes to that.

I'm no draft expert but it sounds like there will be plenty of draftable talent in positions of more need in the 2nd. Maybe this dude falls for value ?‍♂️

Let's be honest. Bears will not be legit contenders in this draft & FA alone. They'll need all of 2023 draft & FA combined with this, so there is some degree of value & BPA at play in both. If they'll want a position hole/upgrade next year and get great value this year, even if a bigger hole exists, it makes sense to get the prior now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cool history but can he catch the ball and play football?
From The Draft Network:

“Hands: He has good hands and catch radius. He easily catches the football when contact is imminent. He doesn't allow the ball to get into his frame and has very strong mitts to pluck the football out of the air.

Route Running: Theres nothing glaringly deficient with his ability as a route runner. He certainly has the speed and agility to separate. However with regards to nuance in the position, I feel like McBride still has room for improvement to maximize his separation

Versatility: This players versatility may be his strongest attribute. He is equally proficient at aligning at Y, F, H or FB. He also projects as a good core special teams player, as well.

Competitive Toughness: He displays good competitive toughness, particularly as an inline blocker. He is also good in contested catch situations, showing competitiveness as well. His functional strength is effective for playing in tight alignments and working in the box.

Ball Skills: He has good ball skills along with outstanding hand eye coordination. He does a good job tracking the deep ball. He also shows good hands to secure the catch and his catch radius is going to provide his quarterback with a big target.”

2021 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings | The Draft Network

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not at all. Read the post above this one you posted. TE is overrated for everyone. But I think the reason why people think the Bears need a "move TE" is because Nagy told us for 4 years that he needed 2 TEs for his system to work, so people are roped into the thinking that 2 TEs are necessary. When in fact, nobody really has 2 good TEs because the position isn't a big deal and there aren't a lot of good ones out there.

look man, you def have a point

but just have to say the the TE can def be a premier, game changing position when the talent is there. When you say the position isn't a big deal, you go too far

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
look man, you def have a point

but just have to say the the TE can def be a premier, game changing position when the talent is there. When you say the position isn't a big deal, you go too far
It definitely can. Just like RB can. Just like off ball LB can. Just like a safety can. The problem is there are so few of those guys. And it's probably not worth trying to get one of those guys when you have so many other needs and a pretty big investment in Kmet already on the roster (albeit by a different regime).

McBride is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If you can get a talented guy that develops into a stud like Kittle was in the 5th round, by all means. But to take a day 2 pick from WR, OL, defense where you can potentially find Day 1 starters to take a #2 TE doesn't make sense to me, given the lack of value in the position.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless you have Kyle Pitts, TEs should be taken Day 3. There are plenty of good TEs that were not Day 1 or 2 picks. These are the positions I wouls generally not draft in first 3 rounds unless you legit think someone has elite potential.

RB, TE, S, and off ball LB. You can still find relatively cheap and good guys in FA and you can also find good guys at those positions throughout the draft at a rate that appears anecdotally to be higher than other positons.

I would reserve the first 3 rounds for positions that generally are tougher to find elite talent later in the draft and positions that cost a fuck ton in FA so there is really value in getting a good one on their rookie contract.