TE Trey McBride

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't expect that many wide receivers in round two but there's bound to be some good options at TE.

Trey-McBride-NFL-Draft-Combine-Scouting-NY-Jets-Ron-Middleton.jpg

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He has a cool back story. He was raised by two moms. All of their boys are outstanding athletes. They were taught to be thoughtful and to make a difference in the community. He’s talented and loves the game. Poles wants players that are football first. However, I still want a WR, O Lineman or a corner with the first two picks.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:

With McBride, a highlight reel does not do his game justice.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Draft position: Early second round
Best fantasy fit: Houston Texans
Player comp: Cole Kmet

We already have a player like McBride. His name is Cole Kmet. McBride is more of an inline TE prospect. He doesn't have that dynamic field stretching ability that you would want to complement Kmet. If we do go TE, we need more of a move TE.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think TE is so overrated as a need for the Bears. The Bears only had 34 targets to their backup TEs last year, despite Matt Nagy telling us for 4 years that he needed 2 TEs to make his offense work. He didn't use Kmet when he was the #2. He didn't use Graham when he was the #2, when he presumably begged to sign him the previous year.

They obviously need another body there since it's only Kmet and Horsted, but I'm not spending any real assets for a backup TE. Live and die with Kmet. Fill up the WR room and throw to those guys.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I think TE is so overrated as a need for the Bears. The Bears only had 34 targets to their backup TEs last year, despite Matt Nagy telling us for 4 years that he needed 2 TEs to make his offense work. He didn't use Kmet when he was the #2. He didn't use Graham when he was the #2, when he presumably begged to sign him the previous year.

They obviously need another body there since it's only Kmet and Horsted, but I'm not spending any real assets for a backup TE. Live and die with Kmet. Fill up the WR room and throw to those guys.

Kind of hard to really know if an additional TE is overrated as a need for Chicago when we had arguably the most incompetent Head Coach of all time running the show. Its so hard to evaluate the Bears because of Nagy. His "offense" and "concepts" were so damn convoluted, I couldn't replicate them if I tried. Lazor did his best but remember its not like we was creating new plays, he was just calling the same plays in a different manner. The fact is our play design as well as play calling was complete dog shit.

Think about this...We were 6-11 and only 3 games out of the Playoffs (Eagles made it in with 9 wins). We had 4 games where we were winning in the 4th or should have won outright (Baltimore, Vikings x 2, Pittsburg), flip those and we are 10-7 and in the Playoffs. We lost several games due to sheer coaching malpractice/incompetency and now all that staff is gone.

I am not saying that the Bears are world beaters and are ready to make a Superbowl run. But what I am saying as we may not be as bad as people think and its really hard to judge how bad we were because of Nagy.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Kind of hard to really know if an additional TE is overrated as a need for Chicago when we had arguably the most incompetent Head Coach of all time running the show. Its so hard to evaluate the Bears because of Nagy. His "offense" and "concepts" were so damn convoluted, I couldn't replicate them if I tried. Lazor did his best but remember its not like we was creating new plays, he was just calling the same plays in a different manner. The fact is our play design as well as play calling was complete dog shit.

Think about this...We were 6-11 and only 3 games out of the Playoffs (Eagles made it in with 9 wins). We had 4 games where we were winning in the 4th or should have won outright (Baltimore, Vikings x 2, Pittsburg), flip those and we are 10-7 and in the Playoffs. We lost several games due to sheer coaching malpractice/incompetency and now all that staff is gone.

I am not saying that the Bears are world beaters and are ready to make a Superbowl run. But what I am saying as we may not be as bad as people think and its really hard to judge how bad we were because of Nagy.
Without getting into how bad Nagy was (he was really bad), my point was that most teams don't have 2 TEs catching a lot of passes. Most teams have 1 TE who gets 80% of the TE targets and then backups they use when picking spots (or injuries happen). Show me a team with 2 good TEs, and it's likely a team with bad WR talent (NE past and present). I'd rather have good WRs with 1 TE and a couple backup caliber players. I don't want to spend multiple top 75 picks on TE in a 3 year span (3 in 6 years if you count Shaheen).

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Trumaine McBride doesnt approve..

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Without getting into how bad Nagy was (he was really bad), my point was that most teams don't have 2 TEs catching a lot of passes. Most teams have 1 TE who gets 80% of the TE targets and then backups they use when picking spots (or injuries happen). Show me a team with 2 good TEs, and it's likely a team with bad WR talent (NE past and present). I'd rather have good WRs with 1 TE and a couple backup caliber players. I don't want to spend multiple top 75 picks on TE in a 3 year span (3 in 6 years if you count Shaheen).
Fair enough and solid points -

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely superficial, inmature, and useless answer, but I'm a little apprehensive about TEs named "Trey." ?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Draft position: Early second round
Best fantasy fit: Houston Texans
Player comp: Cole Kmet

We already have a player like McBride. His name is Cole Kmet. McBride is more of an inline TE prospect. He doesn't have that dynamic field stretching ability that you would want to complement Kmet. If we do go TE, we need more of a move TE.

Completely superficial, inmature, and useless answer, but I'm a little apprehensive about TEs named "Trey." ?
What happened to Burton? Retired?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

How can se TE is overrated with this coaching staff?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Yes, lost several games to coaches malpractice, aren't as bad as many think.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
How can se TE is overrated with this coaching staff?
I'm guessing you were asking how can I say TE is overrated? Because TE is overrated in every offense. Unless you have Kelce, Kittle, Waller or Andrews....all the rest of the TEs are the same. Obviously, some are better than others but after those top 4, the others are all lumped together in the next tier. It's kinda like the RB position.

As for this coaching staff specifically.....the offense Getsy will run is the Shanahan offense. The offense Getsy helped run in Green Bay never really had multiple TEs active in the passing game. Rarely had 1 TE putting up Kmet level numbers, honestly. Shanahan never has multiple TEs doing very much (doesn't have to with Kittle, but didn't in Atlanta either). McVay doesn't have multiple TEs. When Higbee went down in the playoffs, guys stepped up, but their #2 TE had 4 catches all regular season. History has shown this offense isn't 2 TE (in the pass game) friendly. History has also shown that teams that have 2 TEs heavily involved in the pass game, also have WRs who are bad. Granted, the Bears have WRs who are bad. But I'd rather them just improve the WR position instead of using assets to get a 2nd TE.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Are you saying TE is an overrated need for the Bears because Nagy didn't utilize the position much? All due respect, that's a confusing take since Nagy is (1) no longer here, and (2) a fucking hack. That said, I agree with the argument that there are far more important positions of need (WR, OT, CB, etc).

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Are you saying TE is an overrated need for the Bears because Nagy didn't utilize the position much? All due respect, that's a confusing take since Nagy is (1) no longer here, and (2) a fucking hack. That said, I agree with the argument that there are far more important positions of need (WR, OT, CB, etc).
Not at all. Read the post above this one you posted. TE is overrated for everyone. But I think the reason why people think the Bears need a "move TE" is because Nagy told us for 4 years that he needed 2 TEs for his system to work, so people are roped into the thinking that 2 TEs are necessary. When in fact, nobody really has 2 good TEs because the position isn't a big deal and there aren't a lot of good ones out there.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Not at all. Read the post above this one you posted. TE is overrated for everyone. But I think the reason why people think the Bears need a "move TE" is because Nagy told us for 4 years that he needed 2 TEs for his system to work, so people are roped into the thinking that 2 TEs are necessary. When in fact, nobody really has 2 good TEs because the position isn't a big deal and there aren't a lot of good ones out there.

But the Bears don't even have 1 good TE. Let alone 2. Kmet is just a guy. But I agree there are greater priorities and few elite TEs in the league.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
It should be mentioned that McBride caught 90 passes this year.