Teams for QB

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I see people saying 4 QBs taken before us. I'm not seeing it (as definite at least).
By my count the 4 before us is at least 50% wishful thinking. Browns, Giants, Colts, Jets. Giants and Colts are far from sure QBs.
Since Palmer retired Cousins would go to AZ before the Browns $100M cap space would tempt him so that could talk them into a QB at 1 or 4 but last year showed they won't jump on a QB high unless it is a sure thing. I think they've been burned on those sure things and are trigger shy.

1 Browns, maybe. They just took Kizer. Yes he's sucked but that's as a rookie. They sure wouldn't have cap issues to cut or keep either of their QBs along with a #1 pick.

2 Giants, not seeing it as a major need. A future move would be smart but they could do a trade down for that unless they think they can trade Manning so they're not waiting around with a #2 pick for 3-4 years. His contract goes through his career expectancy.

3 Colts, I would even if Luck was healthy but unless there's no hope for Luck to play they won't. Not affordable to cut.

4 Browns, their best move would be to take QBs 1 and 4, if they can't get better they may as well keep all the QBs out of the NFL before they have a chance to bust them. Otherwise see above.

5 Broncos, they should but will they? The contract and age tells me they're in "Pax is our QB" mode for a while.

6 Jets, this is the first definite yes for me.

7 Buccaneers, I would consider it for an upgrade but they won't.

Of who I've read about I want oline, Williams or McGlinchey or WR, Ridley. I could see those 3 being gone by #8 easier than I see 4 QBs taken before #8.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Colts taking a QB. Most likely neither will the Broncos.

However, after the Bears, the Chargers, Cardinals, Bengals, and Redskins, all of whom draft after us, will need a QB.

WE're in good shape for a trade down.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The teams in front of us could go after Jay Cutler, Kirk Cousin, Eli Manning or some free agent.

Hopefully, Denver brings Jay Cutler back, Eli Manning to Browns, and Kirk Cousins to Giants.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tough to say right now. Where does Cousins go? Do the Chiefs cut Alex Smith? If Shurmur is hired somewhere (AZ) does he take Keenum with him? After free agency will give us a much better idea. I'm hopeful we can get a trade down and recoup some of the picks we gave up for Trubisky.

chi

Liked Posts:
If best player available is a QB do the Bears draft one?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't see the Colts taking a QB. Most likely neither will the Broncos.

However, after the Bears, the Chargers, Cardinals, Bengals, and Redskins, all of whom draft after us, will need a QB.

WE're in good shape for a trade down.

That's my hope. More QBs wanted below than above. Since I don't think my dream offensive picks will be there at #8 I'd rather have more lower.

The teams in front of us could go after Jay Cutler, Kirk Cousin, Eli Manning or some free agent.

Hopefully, Denver brings Jay Cutler back, Eli Manning to Browns, and Kirk Cousins to Giants.

Good point. If Giants do decide to replace Manning at #2 it could be because Manning was sent to another team. Good for us if it's one of the teams above, bad if below.
I think it's $22M to get rid of Lynch, something like that. I think they let it play out.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There’s a decent chance the Browns, Giants, Broncos and Jets all take one. If Indy picks one, then you know Luck is in bad shape. But who really knows this early?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
There’s a decent chance the Browns, Giants, Broncos and Jets all take one. If Indy picks one, then you know Luck is in bad shape. But who really knows this early?

I think the benching of Manning was a Trestman move and that is taken care of with the staff changes. If they get one it's a move for when Manning retires. Too early for a #2 pick.

Browns should but they're the Browns.
Jets would be the Browns not to.

Indy definitely rides on Luck's health.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The Giants will be looking. Although. Eli has another year in him. So they won't be desperate. If their guy is there, they'll snag him.

The Broncos used their 1st round pick in 2016 on QB that I think they still believe in.

Paxton's been injured, but the Broncos, I don't think, are ready to use another 1st rounder until they know what they have with him.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
What I'm REALLY hoping for is that when the Bears are on the clock at #8, there's still a QB on the board that SOMEbody covets and wants really, really bad. So much that we get a call and get a super sweet offer to trade back. Maybe we can scare them into thinking we intend on going WR with our first pick and since the entire league knows we really need one it will force them to really offer a lot.

I don't think there is a true #1 "can't miss" WR in this draft so if we trade back I don't feel like there's a huge risk in missing out on a superstar. Every year there tends to me some huge trades in the 1st round, I wouldn't be surprised if for once we end up being that team getting a bucket of picks. #8 isn't super high but last year the Texans & Chiefs gave up quite a lot to move up where they did.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
The Cardinals are almost for sure going to try to move up to get a franchise QB. They'll have a new coaching staff and no one at QB.

I'd love to see the Bears trade down with them to #15 and their 2nd round pick.

With the #15 pick, I'd like to see one of these guys on our team: Quenton Nelson G, Connor Williams OT, Arden Key DE, McGlinchey OT, Ferrell DE. One thing I don't want to see is a WR in the first round.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I can see Kirk Cousins going to the Browns like RGIII except for more money. Having all that cap space to sign him and then draft Saquon Barkley #1 with. In addition to already having Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman and David Njoku. Having two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks AND STILL having a bunch of cap space after a potential signing like Cousins.

For the Bears sake though, I hope the Browns draft one. I think at least 3 go in the 1st to the Browns/Giants/Jets/Redskins/Cardinals/Chargers. Hopefully a team like the Cardinals or Chargers trades up for one.

Since 2012 the only drafts the Browns had one first round pick in were 2013 and 2016. They had 2 in 2012, 2014, 2015 and then 3 in 2017.

I don't see how they can't at least be at least .500 in 2018 and a playoff team in 2019. So much cap space for free agency and so many first round picks on their roster......

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, if the Browns manage to draft Barkley and Chubb and then add Cousins to that team, they could be a dangerous team. That offense would be stacked and their defense would have two good pass rushers.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I can see Kirk Cousins going to the Browns like RGIII except for more money. Having all that cap space to sign him and then draft Saquon Barkley #1 with. In addition to already having Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman and David Njoku. Having two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks AND STILL having a bunch of cap space after a potential signing like Cousins.

For the Bears sake though, I hope the Browns draft one. I think at least 3 go in the 1st to the Browns/Giants/Jets/Redskins/Cardinals/Chargers. Hopefully a team like the Cardinals or Chargers trades up for one.

Since 2012 the only drafts the Browns had one first round pick in were 2013 and 2016. They had 2 in 2012, 2014, 2015 and then 3 in 2017.

I don't see how they can't at least be at least .500 in 2018 and a playoff team in 2019. So much cap space for free agency and so many first round picks on their roster......

I was shocked to see how much cap space they had with all those first round picks.