Ted Distancing Himself From Football Operations?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has been doing that since he took the job....they should strip him down, tie him up(arms over head) and allow people in attendance to grab a wired hanger and take one shot at him.....before going to their seats.......guaranteed sellout crowd right there
BrownShimmeringDuck-size_restricted.gif

Soterod

Liked Posts:
I would like to hear exactly what it is that some of you think Ted Phillips has done over the last couple of years to screw things up. Play calling? Drafting? Free agents? Other?
Hiring GM’S period!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Dont get too excited, because this would mean pace probably gets his jerb.
I really don’t have a problem with that. Bring in a GM and then a HC that can make use of those higher round draft picks, and let Pace advise on the late rd picks. Best of both worlds.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just more window dressing. Nothing will change. the same dumbasses who know zero about winning will be making the same stupid decisions because it’s run by accountants who only worry about profit.
Fuck the mcCaskeys
This.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"And Phillips? The longtime president and CEO finally could be ready for revised responsibilities. According to multiple sources connected to the team, Phillips has privately discussed distancing himself from football operations in recent months, making a frank acknowledgement to some confidants that the organization would benefit from a leader with greater football aptitude to oversee those in charge of the on-field product."

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ted retires in a year or two and starts stepping back this year.

Pace get's promoted to VP of the organization with the understanding he takes over for Teddy when he retires.

Bears hire a new GM who has all control of football operations.

This seems like the way George will go. Ted is sacred cow that will never be fired. They love Pace and can say he did a good job with Halas Hall. Move him over to non football shit but still have him around as a sounding board for the new GM.

What should happen is Ted, Ryan and Matt are lined against a wall, shot, and buried somewhere in the state of Wisconsin.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Pace get's promoted to VP of the organization with the understanding he takes over for Teddy when he retires.

This seems like the way George will go. Ted is sacred cow that will never be fired. They love Pace and can say he did a good job with Halas Hall. Move him over to non football shit but still have him around as a sounding board for the new GM.

What should happen is Ted, Ryan and Matt are lined against a wall, shot, and buried somewhere in the state of Wisconsin.

It could be worse than pace as teddys replacement. Obviously not the ideal choice but at least its an improvement over teddy, and if thats what it takes to get him out the door I'm game.

Pace also seems to have a very strong relationship with the majority of FO's in the league so hopefully that would help in the GM search.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It could be worse than pace as teddys replacement. Obviously not the ideal choice but at least its an improvement over teddy, and if thats what it takes to get him out the door I'm game.

Pace also seems to have a very strong relationship with the majority of FO's in the league so hopefully that would help in the GM search.
He should have great relationships league wide. He’s squandered a ton of draft capital to all those teams.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He should have great relationships league wide. He’s squandered a ton of draft capital to all those teams.

Yea, and if he didn't have a good relationship with gettleman we'd be watching fields play for the vikings.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I would like to hear exactly what it is that some of you think Ted Phillips has done over the last couple of years to screw things up. Play calling? Drafting? Free agents? Other?

Exactly. Prove sweaty teddy made Pace give up draft picks to trade for Jenkins, Fields, Mitch, Floyd, Mack, and signing FAs. Where he forced Pace to hire John Fox and Nagy. Show me where he forced Pace to spend 75% of payroll on D and scraps on offense while wondering why the bears can’t have a competent offense. Show me where teddy told the chain downwards to run routes that make receivers the least open in the league while having a guy closer to Medicare age than prime age protect the blindside of the asset you won’t have a top 10 draft pick.

Once they show that, I’ll provide the torches and pitchforks. Everyone that bitches about him seemingly can’t.

Fans just want someone to blame, which is why Teddy gets lumped in because other teams hold their president of ops responsible when things are bad, not knowing the financial impact/direction he took the team to merit George and Virginia keeping him given results.

The bears can win with a finance guy as president of operations. How the team gets structured, scheme, personnel matter. Semantics of title of a finance guy doesn’t.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
And wasn’t it reported last year he was thinking of retiring?

i hope so but I’ll believe it when i see it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And wasn’t it reported last year he was thinking of retiring?

i hope so but I’ll believe it when i see it.

Yes, but now the assumption by a lot of people is that he'd sit back and manage the financials for the new stadium.

Would make sense and be an exciting pre-retirement project for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't even mind if Pace offers opinions with personnel evaluations as long as he doesn't steer a decision and also stays away from salary decisions.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ted is just trying to save his seat at the table.. The rumor of Armstrong coming in as head of football operations must have some truth to it. Teddy doesnt want to retire just yet