Ted Phillips

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last winter George said wins and losses do not define success for this franchise. It takes a commitment to winning from the top down if you want to build and maintain perennial contender. We are the fools to expect things to get better just because these clowns may replace Pace and Nagy after this season. It could get worse, and it has been at times under this regime.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Ted's job, is to keep the Bears profitable... Nothing more, nothing less.

And it's fans like you who accept this that keep the shitshow going. Congratulations on being satisfied with mediocrity.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe it is the curse of Mugs Halas. His side of the family got screwed by the McCaskeys. Mugs was a football guy and should have been president instead of the silver spoon idiot that took over.
Mugs died young @54 back in '79',Virginia was the only other Halas child so her and her grifter clan got control of the storied old franchise.......the rest is history......bad history.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine spending over 30 years as owners of a football franchise and not learning even a little bit about the nuances of the actual game itself or the players or schemes or anything that has to do with actually winning the game.

That is the Bears ownership.
YES! As someone else mentioned,football is by far the main income for the family and you'd think they'd have some grasp after 30 plus years. They had to bring in an old NFL guy,Ernie Accorsi to help hire Pace,shouldn't Phillips and George McCheapsky at least know who the good potential executives around the league are?

buttscoot

Liked Posts:
One big problem is that the owners aren’t independently wealthy outside of owning the bears. Which creates penny pinching. How may NFL owners bought their franchises with money made outside of football? The Bears have been owned by the same people throughout its existence whose wealth comes from the team. So they tend to be more frugal. Some NFL owners treat their franchise like a shiny toy. The Bears treat it like their lifeblood.

I think cutting Fuller is a good example in how the Bears function. That was a business decision and not a football one. Even if they had to get rid of some guys why Fuller? Why not just cut Jimmy Graham and even Hicks? They chose Fuller because he wouldn’t take a pay cut. I’m also pretty sure they cut him because his cap number was high and it was a quick and easy way to get it down. And the fact that he’s a great player at a premium position meant nothing. It was just a straight up business decision. Clean up the books. “Oh, there’s a big number. We get rid of that and we’re good.” “That’s Kyle Fuller though, he’s one of our best players at a premium position.” “It doesn’t matter. We gotta get these books straight.”That’s the kind of shit the Bengals do. The Jets. Shit franchises with shit ownership. People see the Bears in this big market and think they should have the money to not be frugal. They are though.

Like why in the hell is Jimmy Graham on this team? And I thought he played well last year. But they drafted Kmet. They’re playing him and Graham is hardly even out there. So why the hell didn’t they cut Graham and save like 7 million? They cut Fuller instead who didn’t even have a replacement. They had a replacement for Graham. And corner is more important than TE anyway. So why would you cut Fuller and keep Graham? Because all the accountants who run this franchise see is a number. We cut one guy and save 7 million. We cut the other and save 16. Nevermind that the 16 million dollar guy is way more important that the 7 million dollar guy.

^ Gets it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Not buying tickets wouldn’t hurt the Bears. Why would you even think that?
Because if you are going to continue with Nagy as an organization then that organization only cares about the money not the product. Why should fans continue to support an organization that doesnt care enough to put a good product on the field?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
One big problem is that the owners aren’t independently wealthy outside of owning the bears. Which creates penny pinching. How may NFL owners bought their franchises with money made outside of football? The Bears have been owned by the same people throughout its existence whose wealth comes from the team. So they tend to be more frugal. Some NFL owners treat their franchise like a shiny toy. The Bears treat it like their lifeblood.

I think cutting Fuller is a good example in how the Bears function. That was a business decision and not a football one. Even if they had to get rid of some guys why Fuller? Why not just cut Jimmy Graham and even Hicks? They chose Fuller because he wouldn’t take a pay cut. I’m also pretty sure they cut him because his cap number was high and it was a quick and easy way to get it down. And the fact that he’s a great player at a premium position meant nothing. It was just a straight up business decision. Clean up the books. “Oh, there’s a big number. We get rid of that and we’re good.” “That’s Kyle Fuller though, he’s one of our best players at a premium position.” “It doesn’t matter. We gotta get these books straight.”That’s the kind of shit the Bengals do. The Jets. Shit franchises with shit ownership. People see the Bears in this big market and think they should have the money to not be frugal. They are though.

Like why in the hell is Jimmy Graham on this team? And I thought he played well last year. But they drafted Kmet. They’re playing him and Graham is hardly even out there. So why the hell didn’t they cut Graham and save like 7 million? They cut Fuller instead who didn’t even have a replacement. They had a replacement for Graham. And corner is more important than TE anyway. So why would you cut Fuller and keep Graham? Because all the accountants who run this franchise see is a number. We cut one guy and save 7 million. We cut the other and save 16. Nevermind that the 16 million dollar guy is way more important that the 7 million dollar guy.
Only 1 of the owners if the Bears aren’t independently wealthy. Andrew McKenna and Pat Ryan are both independently wealthy