Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of Ted Phillips.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
When you have no accountability for losing at the very top, Team President, you have no accountability for losing at the coaching level either.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I believe it is the curse of Mugs Halas. His side of the family got screwed by the McCaskeys. Mugs was a football guy and should have been president instead of the silver spoon idiot that took over.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I believe it is the curse of Mugs Halas. His side of the family got screwed by the McCaskeys. Mugs was a football guy and should have been president instead of the silver spoon idiot that took over.
Interesting take. Perhaps the Bears are cursed, that would explain alot. And the 85 team was so good only that collection of talent could overcome the curse.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mccaskeys went from millionares to billionares under teddy.. sure inflation etc... but money

This is why in the poll I could see Pace replacing him - he's sucked on the on the field decisisons, but ownership likes Pace and he has brought them money from the off-the-field side of things.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
McCasky’s and teddy can all go eat a bowl of dicks !!
They'd probably be gold encrusted dicks with a side of diamond mummy farts. Not sure They'd get tour message.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Mccaskeys went from millionares to billionares under teddy.. sure inflation etc... but money

The franchise is closer to the floor it could be at than the ceiling as far as value.

They print money and it’s the biggest league in America by far. The freaking Jaguars are worth 2.8 billion. Whatever the Bears are worth has nothing to do with Ted Phillips. It’s the success of league overall. The teams that increase in value on their own build stadiums or they win and increase the fan base and popularity of the franchise overall. How much do you think Belichick and Tom Brady have increased the value of the Patriots? The bears themselves have done nothing to increase the overall value. they have actually hurt the value.

They’re the third biggest market but seventh in value.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the McCaskeys actually cared about winning football, they would have fired Phillips a long time ago.

They care about the franchise....the business side of it. Under Ted Phillips business has been good.

Ginny might care, but I heavily doubt George cares about anything besides seeing record profits.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the McCaskeys actually cared about winning football, they would have fired Phillips a long time ago.
Even if they moved him within the organization or gave him a big sum of money to "retire". But no. We get... this.

jive

Liked Posts:
They care about the franchise....the business side of it. Under Ted Phillips business has been good.

Ginny might care, but I heavily doubt George cares about anything besides seeing record profits.
If they actually fielded a consistently winning team, the amount of money they could make from this franchise would be multiples of what they are getting now.

jive

Liked Posts:
Even if they moved him within the organization or gave him a big sum of money to "retire". But no. We get... this.
This.
Anything other than the job he is in now.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Interesting take. Perhaps the Bears are cursed, that would explain alot. And the 85 team was so good only that collection of talent could overcome the curse.
The McCaskey's have never been successful at building a championship winning team. Ever.

Michael McCaskey, the oldest of 11 McCaskey children, became president of the team in 1983 after the death of his grandfather, George Halas. After winning a Super Bowl championship in 1985 with a team assembled primarily by former general manager Jim Finks, McCaskey's tenure was marked by an eroding talent base, three changes of personnel directors and repeated failures to make progress on building a new stadium.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

When you say, “screwed by the McCaskeys” do you mean murdered?