Teddy Retiring Discuss

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That may be the plan and why Cunningham was willing to leave Philly. Could also see Cliff Stein as an internal option if they want the role to be less involved in football operations.
It would be wild to me that the McCaskey's had this much foresight to carry out a plan like this

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The process of finding a successor has begun. McCaskey, Phillips and Tanesha Wade, senior vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion, have been in discussions with the search firm Nolan Partners.

Potential in-house replacements may include senior vice president of marketing and communications Scott Hagel and senior vice president and legal counsel Cliff Stein. McCaskey said he would not identify possible candidates at this time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“The reality is the team wasn’t a consistent winner,” Phillips said. “So I talked to George and told him that we need to make some changes in terms of football reporting, and the decision was made to make a change.”

During Phillips’ reign, the Bears have a .480 winning percentage and failed to make the playoffs in 73 percent of their seasons. Phillips called the lack of winning “my biggest disappointment.”

Fans and media sometimes blamed Phillips for the Bears’ struggles, but he never made decisions about players and was not a meddler. He hired the people to make decisions about players and then discussed their choices with them.

“My role has been to be a sounding board with the general manager, to provide resources to support the team,” he said. “We have relied on our GMs to put the right structures in place and have the right evaluation processes in place. The Achilles heel of the Bears for many decades has been to have the right quarterback in place who is not only talented but can lead and raise the talent level around him. In my opinion, having the head coach or general manager report differently would not have changed any of that.”

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The process of finding a successor has begun. McCaskey, Phillips and Tanesha Wade, senior vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion, have been in discussions with the search firm Nolan Partners.

Potential in-house replacements may include senior vice president of marketing and communications Scott Hagel and senior vice president and legal counsel Cliff Stein. McCaskey said he would not identify possible candidates at this time.
big time called it if my boi stein gets the job

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Btw have to imagine it’s Armstrong. He’s been that guy for the past year.
I mean the signs are pointing that way. Poles and Eberflus are represented by him. Also Poles did talk to him the day before taking Roquan off IR. I think he already runs the football ops already. Teddy just needs to finish the stadium deal.