Teddy Retiring Discuss

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

tcmtrinity gets it>>>#65 TL1961 gets it>>> #73

It's not a "argument". I pointed out a fact. The Bears is a family run business only concerned with profitability over putting a consistent SB contender on the field. So Phillips retiring means zero. Bear org. will plug someone in and back to business as usual. Bear ownership only cares about profitability. All this is fact.

PROOF.....Bears at #5

Sports Money: 2022 NFL Valuations​

View Full List

--------------------------
Now........
Please note our post season record during the SB era.
All you have posted is evidence they have failed on the football field. That does not mean that failure was because they were only concerned with profitability. It is entirely possible and likely they simply hired football people that failed to build a consistent winner.

You are looking at failure and presuming that means the failure was because they didn't try rather than it being they were simply incompetent.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

It's not a "argument". I pointed out a fact. The Bears is a family run business only concerned with profitability over putting a consistent SB contender on the field. So Phillips retiring means zero. Bear org. will plug someone in and back to business as usual. Bear ownership only cares about profitability. All this is fact.

PROOF.....Bears at #5

View Full List

Now........

All you have posted is evidence they have failed on the football field. That does not mean that failure was because they were only concerned with profitability. It is entirely possible and likely they simply hired football people that failed to build a consistent winner.

You are looking at failure and presuming that means the failure was because they didn't try rather than it being they were simply incompetent.

No I'm basing it on watching Bear ownership for decades going past the one SB win.

For proper context, Where were you in 1985 ? And how long have you followed the Bears? Because I'm gonna tell what Bear ownership said to McMahon.

Bust

Liked Posts:

PROOF.....Bears at #5

View Full List

Now........

Bears ownership has spent tho boo.

Ate Emery and Trestman's remaining years to get rid of them. This was a lot of $$$$ to eat back in the day before the big tv deals came into play

Paid up and made Cutler the first 100 million dollar QB

Khalil Mack trade. Mack was holding out for money at the time. This trade came out of nowhere.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

PROOF.....Bears at #5

View Full List

Now........

PROOF.....Bears at #5

View Full List

Now........

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

PROOF.....Bears at #5

View Full List

Now........

Bears ownership has spent

Ate Emery and Trestman's remaining years to get rid of them. This was a lot of $$$$ to eat back in the day before the big tv deals came into play

Paid up and made Cutler the first 100 million dollar QB

Khalil Mack trade. Mack was holding out for money at the time. This trade came out of nowhere.

Right but Bear ownership always finds a way make $$$$ even in the roughest times take a look

The NFL's Most Valuable Teams 2021: Average

Bust

Liked Posts:
Right but Bear ownership always finds a way make $$$$ even in the roughest times take a look

all the franchises that have sucked for years all have one thing in common. Lack of production at the qb position.

even butkus and sayers couldn't carry the franchise cause the qb's sucked so bad, heh

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No I'm basing it on watching Bear ownership for decades going past the one SB win.

For proper context, Where were you in 1985 ? And how long have you followed the Bears? Because I'm gonna tell what Bear ownership said to McMahon.

Let me make this simple. What is your proof that the Bears are simply not incompetent from a football side of things?

Was profitability the reason Pace took Trubisky instead of Mahomes?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Let me make this simple. What is your proof that the Bears are simply not incompetent from a football side of things?

Respectfully.......
Lets make this even simpler by not playing the question for question scenario. You go first, then I'll go next.

So.....My initial question was........

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Respectfully.......
Lets make this even simpler by not playing the question for question scenario. You go first, then I'll go next.

Watching the Bears win the Super Bowl and I started following them that year.

What is your proof that the Bears are simply not incompetent from a football side of things?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Respectfully.......

Watching the Bears win the Super Bowl and I started following them that year.

What is your proof that the Bears are simply not incompetent from a football side of things?

When the Bears drafted McMahon, he did an interview with Jim Rose. McMahon relayed a conversation he had
with Mike McCaskey. McMahon said McCaskey told him , "we just want u be competitive."

Mc Mahon told McCaskey, " why not win it ALL". Mc Mahon said the conversation went on to something else.
I had been meh on McMahon up until then, but after that statement, I was hella in on McMahon.
Here's rookie having to TELL an NFL owner to be about winning it all. The was one of the times Bear ownership showed me they didn't give a damn about winning. "Just be competitive" has always been the philosophy of Bear ownership while continuing to focus on profits.

What have u seen of Bear ownership since you starting watching them, in terms of them being about winning over profits? And since u started watching the Bears have u ever heard ownership preach winning SB's ?

Well the mantra around here was "Pace got his guy". I'm not sure what that meant in terms of keeping with the
Bear profitability philosophy. I'd assume, the Bear ownership didn't care since it didn't effect profits.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

The NFL's Most Valuable Teams 2021: Average

all the franchises that have sucked for years all have one thing in common. Lack of production at the qb position.

even butkus and sayers couldn't carry the franchise cause the qb's sucked so bad, heh

Right..,ya gotta have a Qb and I preach that. But what does it have to do with the Bears putting winning over profits and securing a good Qb? And did u read what tcmtrinity and TL1961 said what are ur thoughts?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ed McCaskey isn't running the team anymore so what he may or may not have said in 1985 is irrelevant.

The point about the Mahomes question is the reason we suck is because the GMs made the wrong decisions. If we drafted Mahomes then we are probably not having this convo.

I don't think a team focused on profits trade 2 first rounders for Mack or Cutler.

This is pretty simple. Phillips focuses on maximizing profits while the GM focuses on winning. One does not preclude the other and both can be pursued simultaneously.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
When the Bears drafted McMahon, he did an interview with Jim Rose. McMahon relayed a conversation he had
with Mike McCaskey. McMahon said McCaskey told him , "we just want u be competitive."

Mc Mahon told McCaskey, " why not win it ALL". Mc Mahon said the conversation went on to something else.
I had been meh on McMahon up until then, but after that statement, I was hella in on McMahon.
Here's rookie having to TELL an NFL owner to be about winning it all. The was one of the times Bear ownership showed me they didn't give a damn about winning. "Just be competitive" has always been the philosophy of Bear ownership while continuing to focus on profits.

What have u seen of Bear ownership since you starting watching them, in terms of them being about winning over profits? And since u started watching the Bears have u ever heard ownership preach winning SB's ?

Well the mantra around here was "Pace got his guy". I'm not sure what that meant in terms of keeping with the
Bear profitability philosophy. I'd assume, the Bear ownership didn't care since it didn't effect profits.

Are we sure Mike saying that to Jim wasnt his version of telling a 23 year old kid thrown into the starting lineup his rookie year off of a strike... "we just want you to do your best, son" ? I dont know the entire convo but Ive heard enough one sided interpretations to know how easily they are skewed. Maybe Mike didnt want to overwhelm the kid with expectations being that he was the first Bears QB selected in the 1st round in 30 years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ed McCaskey isn't running the team anymore so what he may or may not have said in 1985 is irrelevant.

The point about the Mahomes question is the reason we suck is because the GMs made the wrong decisions. If we drafted Mahomes then we are probably not having this convo.

I don't think a team focused on profits trade 2 first rounders for Mack or Cutler.

This is pretty simple. Phillips focuses on maximizing profits while the GM focuses on winning. One does not preclude the other and both can be pursued simultaneously.

?Again, Here's the question......

I wanted Watson or Mahomes . But again......ppl here said "Pace got his guy".

jay was garbage. I told everyone that b4 he got here.

Mike said "just be competitive" not Ed. That was before u started following the Bears.
What Mike said represents Bear ownership and has played out over years profitability-wise. "just be competitive"
Most who have followed the Bears can attest to this.

I know what Phillips does. I knew what he did before he was hired by the Bears. Now.....when we talk about a winning
organization, from Virginia McCaskey down to the waterboy everyone has to be committed to contending for and
winning SB's. Please read that again.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Are we sure Mike saying that to Jim wasnt his version of telling a 23 year old kid thrown into the starting lineup his rookie year off of a strike... "we just want you to do your best, son" ? I dont know the entire convo but Ive heard enough one sided interpretations to know how easily they are skewed. Maybe Mike didnt want to overwhelm the kid with expectations being that he was the first Bears QB selected in the 1st round in 30 years.

Respectfully.....
I'd believe what u say if the Bears had a respectable SB era record. I've watched the Bears and Chicago sports for years.
The philosophy has always been, stay competitive, grab a couple star players and the dumb, die heart fans will keep filling the stadium.......$$$$$$. WIN OR LOSE

McMahon was always always cocky. At first I didn't like him. But, he was a winner and a leader. So when he said win it all, I was like, "F" yeah. And obviously, the rest is history ? I hope the McCaskey's sell the Bears to a DeBartollo-Kraft type
owner, who's committed to winning. ?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Perhaps this is the beginning of a new era. Pace, Nagy, and soon Teddy. Will be much happier if ownership is transferred to someone who is independently wealthy therefore puts a priority on WINNING Vs generational wealth generation.

Two words......THANK YOU !(y)

5 more words: I appreciate your keen insight.

Last edited: