Tee Higgins a Possibility? (Per The Athletic)

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I had this discussion with my buddies months ago that the Bengals won’t be able to keep all these young studs. Ideally, we would trade Texas #12 or Detroit’s #18 for Tee (after trading down and acquiring both their firsts). Similar to the AJ Brown trade last year (#18 and 101). I doubt we can make either of those trades happen which leads to me the following. Trading down to Vegas at #7 or Carolina at #9 and acquiring a ton of picks in addition (2023 2nds/2024 1sts/2024 2nds) and flipping either #7 or #9 for Tee. It’s tough to find a true #1 these days at only 24yo. Thoughts?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I had this discussion with my buddies months ago that the Bengals won’t be able to keep all these young studs. Ideally, we would trade Texas #12 or Detroit’s #18 for Tee (after trading down and acquiring both their firsts). Similar to the AJ Brown trade last year (#18 and 101). I doubt we can make either of those trades happen which leads to me the following. Trading down to Vegas at #7 or Carolina at #9 and acquiring a ton of picks in addition (2023 2nds/2024 1sts/2024 2nds) and flipping either #7 or #9 for Tee. It’s tough to find a true #1 these days at only 24yo. Thoughts?

Tee Higgins or a shot at JSN or Bijan? I'd want the pick. Let's homegrow our own stash bro!

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Tee Higgins or a shot at JSN or Bijan? I'd want the pick. Let's homegrow our own stash bro!
I’d much rather have Tee and then with one of the 2024 1sts acquired (including ours) have a chance to get Harrison Jr. Those 2 studs moving forward. If Fields busts, you have a shot at Caleb Williams and provide him with a true #1 WR immediately. Win win IMO.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I’d much rather have Tee and then with one of the 2024 1sts acquired (including ours) have a chance to get Harrison Jr. Those 2 studs moving forward. If Fields busts, you have a shot at Caleb Williams and provide him with a true #1 WR immediately. Win win IMO.

This guy is playing chess.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Tee should be poles #1 priority this off season id trade next years first no ?

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
I had this discussion with my buddies months ago that the Bengals won’t be able to keep all these young studs.

Your buddy be right boo . . .

Bengals and Chargers better prep for the inevitable. these 2 may set a new high bar for qb's. Herbert only 24 too? #woah

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Can we please just stop with the whole "Texans will give us their #2 and #12 for our #1). This is no world where Texas gives us both picks to move up 1 spot. Based on almost every Draft Value Chart available, that would be such a drastic over payment (almost a 30% over payment).

The most likely scenario from Texas would be to keep the #2 BUT offer up the #12, #33 and #103 for 2023 (1768 in value) and their 1st and 2nd rounder in 2024 (1412 is value). Based on most Draft Charts (and going with the concept that future picks are worth about 50% of the current value: example if the #5 pick this year is worth 1700, then the 2024 5th overall is only worth 850 today) that would be considered a fair trade with about a 10% premium paid.

My math above is assuming the Texans are picking in the top 5 next years as well so I averaged the Top 5 picks draft value.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bengals are not in cap hell yet some people will still be surprised when they get deals done with both Burrow and Higgins.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Texans trade would most likely be #2, #33 and maybe #103 or something. If they are the team to make the trade to #1 they are very likely to overpay because they are moving up for a specific QB and they have ample draft resources, but I agree there's almost no chance they trade #2 and #12. That would be ridiculous.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bengals could trade Higgins, but they have no pressing need to. They are managed extremely well re: the cap. They have the third most cap space for 23, no unreasonable contracts imo, and plenty of ways to create $ should they need to.

That said no one knows how they value Higgins. I don't value him enough to trade a first rounder for him and then pay him $20m+ plus. He's good, he's not Tyreek Hill or Justin Jefferson though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Bengals could trade Higgins, but they have no pressing need to. They are managed extremely well re: the cap. They have the third most cap space for 23, no unreasonable contracts imo, and plenty of ways to create $ should they need to.

That said no one knows how they value Higgins. I don't value him enough to trade a first rounder for him and then pay him $20m+ plus. He's good, he's not Tyreek Hill or Justin Jefferson though.
I mean yeah, he's not a top 3 WR in the league.....but he's probably AJ Brown good, and he went for a 1st. They value Higgins a lot, and will not trade him for less than a 1st because he's a true #1 WR.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I mean yeah, he's not a top 3 WR in the league.....but he's probably AJ Brown good, and he went for a 1st. They value Higgins a lot, and will not trade him for less than a 1st because he's a true #1 WR.
I don't think he's as good as AJ Brown, and I wouldn't trade a first for him. Certainly not #12.

It's tough to imagine how good AJ Brown would be with someone as accurate and on time as Burrow.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's as good as AJ Brown, and I wouldn't trade a first for him. Certainly not #12.

It's tough to imagine how good AJ Brown would be with someone as accurate and on time as Burrow.

He is pretty damn good as is. I mean, he put up 1492 yards and 11 TD's this year...Doesn't get much better than that. For context, Chase only had 1046 yards and 9 TDs.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He is pretty damn good as is. I mean, he put up 1492 yards and 11 TD's this year...Doesn't get much better than that. For context, Chase only had 1046 yards and 9 TDs.
Chase missed 5 games.

I get it, Brown is excellent. He's really unguardable on the sideline if the ball is placed in the right spot. Hurts was very good at the that this year, and if Burrow has the kind of OL the Eagles have he would almost never miss. That's my point, not to undermine Brown.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm on board with Tee. Bears need a WR1. With this draft not looking like it has WR1 talent (debatable), I could see Poles trying to acquire Tee. Tee/Claypool/Mooney/then a 2nd or 3rd rounder.