Terrible year to have 1 billion for FA

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Some of you dopes need to let it play out.

A year ago, MOST people were bashing Jenkins as a bust in his first year, now most consider him the best lineman on the team.

The same ding dongs are already telling us Claypool is a bust as a Bear.

Give it time. Maybe he isn't worth that trade, or maybe with an offseason under his belt, he improves to a piece the offense needs.

Too many of you guys are full on Veruca Salt and want everything NOW!!!!!!!! Have some damn patience.

The growth of Jenkins and Fields over time has made you all look stupid, why not wait on the others just in case?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Let’s wait and see who and what the names are when FA begins. There are names set to be impending FA and teams will let them go and the bears will have free range.

There will be names teams try to extend them like the browns and packers just did with Conklin and Jenkins. Or they’ll get franchise tagged. Unfortunately for the more instant gratification mixed with delusional fans on this board, other teams like and try to keep their good players too.

Hell, there are names not on the list that will be cap casualties and available that aren't on the list now and it may be a name you're not expecting. A lot of people here bringing up the Browns not having much cap room (4 and change mil per OTC) and just signing Conklin--well, they're going to have to still shed cap/contracts for their offseason and draft to fit in. Same with the Packers (3 and change mil and Jenkins just re-upped).

Because the team is still devoid of talent, I expect a couple of bigger names, but I also expect Poles to go looking for mid-20-somethings who didn't live up to their rookie deal and maybe figure it out with their second team.

The Franchise tag window closes on March 7th and the FA negotiating window begins on March 13th, revisit this thread then.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was afraid I might have to spend the next few months having enjoyable discussions about how my favorite team will upgrade it's personnel and develop in all areas. Fortunately now that I know they are fucked I can skip all that and take up embroidery instead. Thanks!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was excited a few months ago that we’d get a big name wr and olinemen This is one of the worst years in recent history to have money to spend in free agency!

Stupid adam schefter article yesterday predicts we spend money on offense and draft defense!!!

That’s a terrible take as there are only 43 rb available in free agency and now another top guard is off the board. There’s literally maybe 2 really good players left in fa on offense and the draft this year isn’t overly exciting on that front either.

I see them spending most of the money on defense as a better strategy to be honest.

Timing unfortunately plays a huge part In sports and I just don’t see the team getting too much better through FA.

I see them trading a bunch of draft picks for 27 sixth and seventh rounders!! Just kidding and it probably is better strategy to build through the draft but the instant success won’t come next year.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too!

Also, STFU you stupid cunt.

?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let’s wait and see who and what the names are when FA begins. There are names set to be impending FA and teams will let them go and the bears will have free range.

There will be names teams try to extend them like the browns and packers just did with Conklin and Jenkins. Or they’ll get franchise tagged. Unfortunately for the more instant gratification mixed with delusional fans on this board, other teams like and try to keep their good players too.

Hell, there are names not on the list that will be cap casualties and available that aren't on the list now and it may be a name you're not expecting. A lot of people here bringing up the Browns not having much cap room (4 and change mil per OTC) and just signing Conklin--well, they're going to have to still shed cap/contracts for their offseason and draft to fit in. Same with the Packers (3 and change mil and Jenkins just re-upped).

Because the team is still devoid of talent, I expect a couple of bigger names, but I also expect Poles to go looking for mid-20-somethings who didn't live up to their rookie deal and maybe figure it out with their second team.

The Franchise tag window closes on March 7th and the FA negotiating window begins on March 13th, revisit this thread then.

Exactly. ?

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
We need to picnic now, so when the time to really picnic happens, people will be short of picnic because they are all picnic'd out.

Thanks.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
This front office has all the resources to choose to upgrade wherever they want, based on any options that open up. Imagine crying about that..

Undoubtedly true, but the criticism seems to be the actual subpar way those resources are being utilized. Kind of like the Cubs blowing 250 million on an average shortstop and average pitcher. The Bears have checked the average wide receiver box already, now they just need to go and get their average DE through the draft at #2, I think they will

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Undoubtedly true, but the criticism seems to be the actual subpar way those resources are being utilized. Kind of like the Cubs blowing 250 million on an average shortstop and average pitcher. The Bears have checked the average wide receiver box already, let’s see if they go out and draft some average DE now at #2 overall

What does this even mean? They had no cap space last year. Free agency hasn’t even started yet this year. So what “resources” have been used in a subpar way?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Poles could have better used pick #33 in the draft or as part of a trade for a better wr than Claypool; who is a fa 17 games from now and fancies himself as a top 3 wr in the leauge (when in reality he's lucky to be a top 3 wr in any given game he participates in)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Poles could have better used pick #33 in the draft or as part of a trade for a better wr than Claypool; who is a fa 17 games from now and fancies himself as a top 3 wr in the leauge (when in reality he's lucky to be a top 3 wr in any given game he participates in)

This is BS. You have no clue who will be available then or if they’ll be any good.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was excited a few months ago that we’d get a big name wr and olinemen This is one of the worst years in recent history to have money to spend in free agency!

Stupid adam schefter article yesterday predicts we spend money on offense and draft defense!!!

That’s a terrible take as there are only 43 rb available in free agency and now another top guard is off the board. There’s literally maybe 2 really good players left in fa on offense and the draft this year isn’t overly exciting on that front either.

I see them spending most of the money on defense as a better strategy to be honest.

Timing unfortunately plays a huge part In sports and I just don’t see the team getting too much better through FA.

I see them trading a bunch of draft picks for 27 sixth and seventh rounders!! Just kidding and it probably is better strategy to build through the draft but the instant success won’t come next year.

Merry Christmas
Your post is a little late, I posted this scenario earlier yesterday, have a look.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is BS. You have no clue who will be available then or if they’ll be any good.
Even if you knew who was available, you have no clue who will succeed or waste more of your time waiting for the fail. If Claypool starts and signs a 2nd contract here, he's a win since 1/2 of what would gets selected at 33 will not be of significant additions to their teams.

It's also a very weak WR class so more reaches and less good pick opportunities.

Last edited: