Terrible year to have 1 billion for FA

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So with all that money, Poles couldn't pay Roquan? Do you think it will be better spent on a free agency acquisition? Not too likely.

How about waiting and seeing?

Nah….

Just keep crying people.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They don't need to blow their load this offseason. I'm okay with a slow, but steady improvement.

I think we can tough it out one more year with these receivers. Hopefully Claypool gets it together, and they'll probably draft a guy. My main thing is keeping Justin from taking all of this unnecessary punishment. If he's upright, he can make some chicken shit, into chicken salad.
2023 is when Velus starts playing like a Hall-of-Fame WR ... and then he retires because he is so old.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is a question about how often guys that have been cut turn into good players.

Every year the statement leading up to the end of training camp just wait until some these veterans get cut. You mean guys like Schofield? Guys like Reiff? Maybe another receiver like Harry?

Who are these guys that are going to make the Bears competitive? Who are the free agents to be that help this team? Alan Lazard? Orlando Brown Jr?

Just because the Bears have money to spend doesn't mean there are players to spend it on.
I agree with all the claypool criticism. But you can’t bitch about a fa that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe wait until mid March for a meltdown.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So with all that money, Poles couldn't pay Roquan? Do you think it will be better spent on a free agency acquisition? Not too likely.
You never know, maybe they still sign roquan to a terrible contract for an irrelevant position. Would that make you feel better?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with all the claypool criticism. But you can’t bitch about a fa that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe wait until mid March for a meltdown.
The players available suck. The Bears need receivers and OTs the market sucks for both.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I'd buy up impact defenders.

Daron Payne
Dremont Jones
Jamel Dean
Maybe Davenport

Then maybe Pocic to start at center offensively. Otherwise, seems to me you need to draft impact WRs and continue to invest in OL via the draft.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The players available suck. The Bears need receivers and OTs the market sucks for both.
Then they can go for dl lb db te. And there is also the trade market. Like I said you can save it for mid March and see what happens instead of projecting disappointment

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine a scenario where the top QB is off the board at number one overall and then the other top QBs are viewed the same was as Kenny Pickett. Now imagine the Bears can't trade back and have one pick in the Top-50. Number two overall with Chase Claypool as your number one receiver next year.

The starting offensive tackles remain virtually the same Borom or a crusty veteran on his way out at RT.

The Bears get Anderson or Carter. Then that second round pick is on the same developmental curve as Kyler Gordon. Claypool Lazard and Mooney are your top receivers.

Go ahead and tell me how much better this team is next year. Justin Fields is going to have the Bears competing for a playoff spot next year? You mean to tell me the Bears are going to look like the Lions do right now?

This franchise is fucked. Poles isn't the dude and his tenure will be defined by the Claypool trade. Claypool is your number one? That's the trade value the Bears gave up for him. So you tell me you see a future in which Claypool goes for 80 1,200 and 10 in a season.

It's not happening and it might be another scenario where this is an Emery and Trestman tenure.

Nagy was so fucking bad that people are blinded to the fact that this team isn't much better. The offensive play calling in critical situations this year has been a fucking joke.

This team has been bailed out by Fields' legs. It's taken a historical performance with his legs to make the Bears seem exciting but they're one of the worst teams in the league.

There's no hope next year. The incompetence here is next level.

Y'all were right when you blasted Poles for passing on George Pickens. That says everything.
Lol. You are a fucking mess, man. :ROFLMAO:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Imagine a scenario where the top QB is off the board at number one overall and then the other top QBs are viewed the same was as Kenny Pickett. Now imagine the Bears can't trade back and have one pick in the Top-50. Number two overall with Chase Claypool as your number one receiver next year.

The starting offensive tackles remain virtually the same Borom or a crusty veteran on his way out at RT.

The Bears get Anderson or Carter. Then that second round pick is on the same developmental curve as Kyler Gordon. Claypool Lazard and Mooney are your top receivers.

Go ahead and tell me how much better this team is next year. Justin Fields is going to have the Bears competing for a playoff spot next year? You mean to tell me the Bears are going to look like the Lions do right now?

This franchise is fucked. Poles isn't the dude and his tenure will be defined by the Claypool trade. Claypool is your number one? That's the trade value the Bears gave up for him. So you tell me you see a future in which Claypool goes for 80 1,200 and 10 in a season.

It's not happening and it might be another scenario where this is an Emery and Trestman tenure.

Nagy was so fucking bad that people are blinded to the fact that this team isn't much better. The offensive play calling in critical situations this year has been a fucking joke.

This team has been bailed out by Fields' legs. It's taken a historical performance with his legs to make the Bears seem exciting but they're one of the worst teams in the league.

Y'all were right when you blasted Poles for passing on George Pickens. That says everything.
Lmao you are saying the franchise is fcked because poles traded a second round pick for claypool?

Lmao

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes because when you spend a draft pick of such immense value to your team that says Poles sees that guy as his number one receiver.

How else do you see Claypool?

If you were to use that Top-35 pick in the NFL Draft on a wide receiver under the same circumstances you would want see that prospect as a number one would you not?

This isn't fucking rocket science. Poles traded away that pick for a guy he sees as a number one. Claypool isn't a number one he's barely a number two.

The Steelers couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Hate me and my content all you want but the reality is clear as day.
Yeah, well GMs make mistakes all the time. Trading a 2nd round pick in a year where you need WR help and the upcoming FA class of WRs is down plus the player they are trading for has been productive in the past isn’t going to “define” his tenure lol. A defining moment example is like when Pace traded up and gave up massive value for Mitch Trubisky. Nobody will hardly even remember this trade in 5 years. You’re an idiot

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

The Bears will have a top 2 pick, get an-all pro level talent with that pick, have a full draft class, and the most money available in FA, but they have no hope? All because two lineman re-signed with their team? So what you are saying is that nobody in the NFL can get better next year, because there isn't a team in the league in a better situation to improve.

And because they gave up a high 2nd for Claypool, instead of the late 2nd?

I didn't know a grown man could be this big of a hysterical pussy. I'd hate to be in your family if an actual crisis broke out. You would be like Costanza knocking over children because he thought there was a fire. Stop whining, and go look to see if you can find at least one of your testicles.