Tev is with the first team again

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
It's hard to believe Jenkins would not be able to find a starting spot on this line.
I think that's literally what the coaches are trying to allow for him to compete for by offering him the opportunities to compete at multiple OL positions

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they project him long term at guard or think he could play a tackle position eventually.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
this is good news, we'll get to see how he does thursday for likely a half...if he shows well in both pass and run i fully expect he'll be starting week 1 with schofield being relegated to backup duty

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have O line depth or just a bunch of mediocre guys that are all of similar skill levels?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
this is good news, we'll get to see how he does thursday for likely a half...if he shows well in both pass and run i fully expect he'll be starting week 1 with schofield being relegated to backup duty

Schofield gets cut

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he becomes a solid starter at any position on the OL, I'd consider it a win. There's enough holes that poles has to fill (that's kinda dirty) as is. Trading him would just create another one. Hopefully his back isn't some long term chronic issue and the Bears have to deal with that for perpetuity.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Actually lots of scouts projected him as guard in the NFL. Pace and Nagy thought they knew better..
If Jenkins proves guard is his best position, and he can excel there all the better for this line moving forward.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have O line depth or just a bunch of mediocre guys that are all of similar skill levels?
Probably the latter. But if that's the case, then you give the young, cheap guys with potential to be around long-term the first shot to start. If Reiff and Schofield are backups, you know you have guys that can play (mediocrely) if one of the young guys falter.

I'd much rather go with Jones, Jenkins and Borom as starters to see if they can play. It's better than going into 2023 needing to replace Reiff, Whitehair (cap casualty) and Schofield in one offseason, without even knowing if Jenkins, Borom and Jones can fill those spots or not.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Probably the latter. But if that's the case, then you give the young, cheap guys with potential to be around long-term the first shot to start. If Reiff and Schofield are backups, you know you have guys that can play (mediocrely) if one of the young guys falter.

I'd much rather go with Jones, Jenkins and Borom as starters to see if they can play. It's better than going into 2023 needing to replace Reiff, Whitehair (cap casualty) and Schofield in one offseason, without even knowing if Jenkins, Borom and Jones can fill those spots or not.
I had to look up mediocrely to see if it was a real word…….well played….

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Schofield gets cut
i hope jenkins proves me wrong but the guy hasnt exactly been healthy thus far and so you'd rather have mutipher or the very raw carter be the backup? unless they absolutely have to cut schofield i cant see that happening

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If he becomes a solid starter at any position on the OL, I'd consider it a win.
Agreed. For over a decade now teams have been consistently drafting interior OL in the 2nd round. I agree for the first twenty picks or so it hard to justify picking an interior OL, similar to a safety, but once the first round is over any solid NFL starter is a good selection and justifies the pick.